Acquisition: Blazing Ingots

Not completely sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I couldn’t find any information regarding this Maw daily quest in the patch notes, only a Reddit ‘PSA’ thread.

The Daily quest in the Maw “Acquisition: Blazing Ingots” appears to have changed where the lootable items can only be picked up by a single player, and then despawn. Prior to this change, each player could loot each unique “spawn” of these, regardless of whether another player has looted that same one.

Can anyone provide insight if this is indeed a bug or intentional?

9 Likes

Well, now there’s a Wowhed article about it. Any official word from Blizz would be great on this one!

1 Like

This is the stupidest thing blizzard could do, literally what is the purpose of this, it’s already an insufferably stupid quest to begin with

1 Like

This and seeds quest in Ardenweald both suffer this limitation.

Hopefully its a bug, it could be a ham fisted attempt to limit multiboxers.

2 Likes

This had BETTER be a bug. I see zero point to making this quest so difficult and time-consuming to complete. I would be at Tier 5 long before I found enough of these to complete the quest.

If this isnt a bug their only intention would be to hurt the players and make people quit. If this was what someone came up with to combat stygia bots, their employment should be in question. So it has to be a bug, right? If this stays I may never do maw quests again. If that ends up being important later on, then I have better games to play.

I really hope that this change is a bug and not an intended change to this quest. I cannot imagine how hard the quest would be if this is an intentional change. It is literally something to frustrate and drive the player base away if that is the case.

1 Like

Gotta say, it’s definitly made me look foward to going into the maw more now. Get to spend like an hour getting ingots for a 140 stygia quest!

And they wonder why they lost like, 45% of their subscribers.

WOnder how many hunters left after this last patch

1 Like

there’s nothing in the patch notes regarding this, or on any hot fix update. additionally the respawn rate is roughly 10 minutes (or 2 deaths by elite mob)
this isn’t jus in the maw either. it’s with the other WQ too

I would definitely consider this a bug, or an inadvertent change that rolled down from another fix. I agree with everyone (and all the articles and videos people are dropping) that no longer sharing these items makes this a usability/quality of life/enjoyment issue that takes a not so bad Maw Quest (which is almost required to build rep with Ven’ari) to a HORRIBLE Maw Quest. Imagine if you did this to Souls?

1 Like

There is a hotfix coming for this issue.

2 Likes

that means that it was intentional and they are just increasing the spawn rate. so it will still be just one per person, but they think just increasing the rate slightly will help…

They were respawning almost instantly for me after someone else looted them last night.