Achievements from one character not counting

I have a ticket open currently, but the rather generic response I initially received has led me to believe that my issue will not be resolved there, so I am coming here in the hopes of finding additional assistance.

The character I am posting this on, Dajakisubo, has approximately 79 acheivements (though in my ticket my original estimate was 73). This may be off by a few, but my armory can help verify this character has close to that number of achievements. The armory can also verify that my account has the “70 exalted reputations” achievement.

In-game, with a reset UI (the only suggestion I received from the original response to my ticket), the tracker shows that I only have 16/80 exalted reputations, despite also having the “70 exalted reputations” achievement. Some ~60 reputations from this character are not being counted toward my current progress.

I have only recently returned to the game, and left well before the reputations achievements were changed to have account-wide progress. I suspect that is the reason for my tracker not recognizing this character’s achievements (particularly since they did count for our guild achievements.)

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

makes no difference, legacy reps still count towards 100 reps.

if you’ve done a full UI reset, then it’s just a display error.
you’re still being credited for the reps you have at exalted.

1 Like

you are.

they’re talking about an issue with the tracker.

nothing to do with achievement points.

1 Like

It’s possible it’s just a display error, but there are two reasons I’m not inclined to believe that.

First, the counter was not originally at 16… it was originally lower, and increased by 2 when I gained reputations on my new troll shaman. There is nothing that character has done that this paladin has not, so nothing I did on my new shaman should have affected anything. The counter is acting like it’s functioning normally, if you discard reputations from old characters… which seems like more than a simple display error. If it was only displaying wrong, I wouldn’t expect it to increment when I complete a reputation on a new character that doesn’t change my overall count.

For instance, when my new troll shaman reached exalted with Undercity, the counter increased. That’s a reputation I already on this character, so getting it on my shaman shouldn’t have changed anything.

Second, I just picked up another faction at exalted, bringing my total to 80… it is entirely possible I have miscounted, but by my count I should now have the 80 exalted reputations achievement.

Either way, thank you for the input. I’ll keep trying on my end, but I’ve seen other people with the issue post elsewhere they had it fixed after putting in a ticket, so I was originally hoping for the same.

So have you actually done the proper and full reset UI?

2 Likes

Apologies for the delayed response, real life interfered.

Yes, I did do the proper and full UI reset. I also in the interim received a much more useful response to my ticket… the GM verified that they were able to access my character and see the same issue I am seeing, 17/80 exalted reputations but credit for completing the 70 exalted reputation achievement.

The GM’s latest response indicated there’s nothing they can do, but that there is a chance the upcoming maintenance will solve the problem. If not, I’ll put in another bug report in-game, and the GM said they put in a report on their end to have the issue looked at.

5 Likes

If maintenance doesn’t update it, try just changing your password. That could force an update.

1 Like

Have you logged onto the character you are posting on since you got back?

I’m sure you have, but if you haven’t, that’s almost definitely why. You generally need to log onto all of your characters that have progress toward something that is made account-wide later.

1 Like

That is strange, Dajakisubo. From what I can see the Game Master did take down your information, but we don’t have any resolutions that may help. I’d recommend posting in the Bug Report forum if you haven’t already so our QA team can take a look.

I’m not sure when you received your last exalted reputation, but if you are close to one, completing another may force the achievement to update as well.

1 Like