Account Suspended for Addons

So my bf recently got really into wow with me. Recently his account got suspended, and he was told that it was because of use of 3rd party things. He called today and was told that Twitch addons can cause for an account to be flagged, and ultimately suspended. What I want to know is why the addon wasn’t just disabled rather than giving him a suspension for 6 months. We were both under the impression that Twitch addons were okay to use, and if that’s not the case, it’d be nice for blizzard to warn about not using Twitch addons because they may just suspend/ban you out of the blue. At this point he doesn’t want to continue playing at all, because he spent all the money to get into wow and then got suspended for addons that everybody else uses.

1 Like

Addons do not cause account penalties.

Game Masters will not tell someone what triggered a 3rd party program suspension - doing so would inform the developers of those programs that we are able to detect and action them which would cause them to change their behavior/methods. I can’t speak to what was said in the conversation your boyfriend had with the Game Master staff but either they misunderstood or something was explained incorrectly. If it is the later, then I apologize for the confusion that might have caused.

I’m going to lock this topic because we do not allow the discussion of disciplinary actions here on the forums. Since there is often only speculation involved they rarely ever lead to anything constructive.

Best of luck to you, and to your boyfriend - even if they do not wish to continue with WOW once the suspension is over.

6 Likes