Account hacked

Hey guys my main was hacked earlier today went to work in morning checked email saying it was changed. Started freaking out bad went to log in. It says my email address is not assigned to any battle net. I have made a ticket and waiting for a response. Is there anything else I can do while waiting for response to recover my account?

1. Secure your computer to avoid being hacked again after you’ve regained access.
1 Like

Jugend’s link pretty well covers it! I do strongly recommend the authenticator. It’s free if you have a modern smartphone and significantly improves account security.

1 Like

Outside of checking your system, maybe updating your email address password, etc… that is about it. Compromise response times are just under 24 hours at the moment.

1 Like

Typically speaking, if they were able to change the associated e-mail, it means that they might also have access to your e-mail. Be sure to secure that too!

Consider setting one up just for WoW and be ready to add that Authenticator too :wink:

1 Like

Cheers for the tips guys. Will certainly update everything after this. Just sucks can’t do much while I’m at work just gotta wait.hope my character is sweet.
Thanks guys again

1 Like

Jugend pretty much nailed it. Secure your system is in first order while you wait.

Also, I would STRONGLY urge you to pick up the authenticator app for your phone or tablet. It is by far the best secondary source of security available.

Other than that, patience. I know it is not what you want to hear right now, but it will take a little patience on your end until they get to your ticket.

Do know there is a chance when you get your account back you will also have a suspension placed upon it. This is due to the horrible things the scammers do on your account while they can access it. If this happens, know it was not you. Simply put in another ticket explaining you just had your account restored and you came back to a suspension. It was not your fault what they did.

2 Likes

Thank you will be taking security very serious so this does not happen again.
Authenticator app will be the first thing I get when I get my account back. Cheers for the tips and will open a ticket asap if I’m suspended.

5 Likes

Couple of things if u get a whisper saying to go to a site to verify your account its a phish if its reportable its not blizzard you cant report a GM.

4 Likes

Apparently this is happening a lot. Luckily i had this extra account to post. My main account was also hacked or a bug with wow not sure which. I had made a ticket 17 hrs ago. Still haven’t heard back yet. It happened after trying to log into my account yesterday and being prompted to enter blizzard verification code, which i have never ever gotten before. My Character seems to still all be there on the server, except for my shammy which was transfered to another server. I hope they can fix this and get my account back. Note there is two other posts with this happening to others.

Provided your ticket was submitted under the proper route, they’ll certainly get to it in due time. Account recoveries are something they tend to prioritize. Just be sure to have mentioned that the shaman was transferred and that seemingly the authenticator (which is what the verification prompt sounds like) was attached to your account after it was compromised.

When they recover it for you, I would strongly encourage adding your own Authenticator to greatly reduce the likelihood of future compromises.

2 Likes

It was under account, App and Shop.

Whether through phishing or other means, there are always those who will take advantage of those who misclick without doing due diligence.

With the state of things as they are, things are moving a bit slower with folks working from home and all of that. Just have patience. They do try and prioritize hacked accounts but even then they may stretch past the 24 hour mark despite best efforts to keep it under a day from what I’ve seen.

I would advise you to do as suggested above - scan your system and make sure there are no nasty things waiting to trigger down the line, download the authenticator app on your phone if you can, just so you can be ready to attach it to your account once things have been locked down and returned back into your hands.

2 Likes

All good guys. Got my account back and have added every bit of security thank you so much blizzard. Can now enjoy my weekend jaming out.

3 Likes

Just got mine back. They never transferred my Shaman back to the original server

Reopen your ticket blizzard will remedy it.

3 Likes

That is normally part of the restoration process, but if it was missed you’ll want to reopen your ticket as Darthwraith suggested.

2 Likes