Account Hacked

Good morning, after process a faction switch purchase by payu service (only in Brazil), I received an email that my Battle.net account email had been changed. Evidently I didn’t and now I don’t have access to my account, with many achievements and alot mount, including the spectral tiger. My authenticated remains active and I wonder how it is possible for someone to access my account bypassing all security items. I’ve already opened two tickets, it’s been 6 hours, I’ve sent my personal document and right now this account from a friend, to request agility in this resolution. TICKET US80491521 and us80490624. Thx

G’morning.

First of all, I’m sorry that this has happened to you. I’ve had an account compromised in the past, and I know how disconcerting it is to discover. It’s great to hear that you already had an authenticator in place.

Unfortunately, this thread won’t be particularly helpful - it is not possible to use the forum to skip the queue; as if it was, everyone would do so and we’d be back to square one (and the forum would be a right state).

It’s a bit disappointing to hear that your friend is sharing their account with you. Not only is this not allowed, it raises some questions about how seriously the two of you take account security. Anyone can register a new account with a spare - or even temporary - e-mail address to post on the forum. I really hope that you mean either that you’ve sent them a message to post on your behalf, or failing that, that you’re with them in-person and no account credentials have been shared.

It’s not just a matter of how much you trust this person - one of the first things I would check for in the aftermath of an account compromise would be a keylogger. It is 2021, and even the most rudimentary of keyloggers is going to observe with interest an e-mail address followed by another string of characters being copied to the clipboard (to which they have full access).

Duplicate tickets are one of the reasons why the queue is as long as it is. I’d really encourage you to consolidate the information & requests into a single ticket and close one of them.

You asked about how this could have happened. Some initial steps I’d suggest include;

• Running a full system scan with the free version of Malwarebytes.
  • Running a full system scan with your preferred traditional anti-virus suite.
  • Changing the password associated with your e-mail address.
  • Using an authenticator if this is supported by your e-mail service provider.
    • Many support the likes of Google Authenticator.
  • Changing the password associated with your Blizzard / Battle.net account.
    • Bonus points if you also update it to use a new e-mail address not used for any other purpose, and use an e-mail client or app to monitor e-mails it receives.
  • Making sure the password used by your Blizzard / Battle.net account is not one that is, or has, been used by another account. This prevents so-called ‘credential stuffing’ after a security breach.
  • Not communicating or storing your account credentials using any software, for any reason. The only exception I’d countenance would be a password manager.
1 Like

This is something that will need to be resolved through tickets I’m afraid.

By whomever the original account holder is.

4 Likes

srry to hear you got h acked mate, like the troll above and orlyia stated, the only way to get fully helped is via ticket, and account sharing regardless of intention is a no no as well as a security risk.

youll want to secure your account first and word of warning changing your password from a device that isnt certified clean wont do you any good specially if the victim device has keylogger trackers on it as theyll just intercept your newly changed password again, so change your password and or email from a seperate device entirely you know hasnt been affected in any sorta way then open a ticket if you havent already state that you changed your password secured your account and that your accounts been hacked, are seeking item restorations for whats been removed and just wait out the process while gms try to locate what was yours.

players and blues on this board are player assisted and not liasons to support gms and other gm based staff so posting here doesnt bypass or move a ticket faster in any sorta way sadly.