According to the Q&A forum feedback isn't listened too?

I wish they would have covered the Temple of Sethraliss in context of the key deletion issue (haven’t watched the full video, just the mmo champ bullet points). Most of my guildies cannot complete it due to lag and the gauntlet. We’ve had weeks where everyone got that key. Before, we could delete it and move on. From now on, if that happens again, we are stuck with no M+ progress for the week. I was very sad to see key deletion removed.

1 Like

Heres another one

I have an alt: a shadow priest. I need a better chestpiece. Cant craft one.

I just did the 7th Legion WQ emissary AND an incursion. What did I get? A set of shoulders and gloves that will go straight to the scrapper as I already have 370 gloves.

I have been asking this again and again and I put it in the Q and A why can we not PLEASE target the slot we want? I just want a 340 chest. I just want to fill that one slot with a better than a 325.

It is incredibly FRUSTRATING, more so when you remember that we CANT craft Azerite gear either. Let us TARGET the loot we want from emissaries. Loot that goes to the scrapper vs a piece I can actually USE.

2 Likes

You make sound like a systemic issue. Whoever designed and coded those quests didn’t take that into account. With thousands of bug reports, it’s pretty hard to nail every single detail.

You make sound like a systemic issue. Whoever designed and coded those quests didn’t take that into account. With thousands of bug reports, it’s pretty hard to nail every single detail.

Cyouskin: the same issue has been reported as a bottleneck in at least two expacs so far. What use is feedback when all they are doing is fixing an issue that was reported as bad design YEARS ago, was fixed as a result of that report, and is still there now?

It IS a systemic issue when we see the same problem over and over and over again.

17 Likes

Just some advice from someone thats been playing video games since the 70s.

Go back and earnestly search the beta feedback and chart it. Look to see what was ignored vs what went live. You will see why the perception is you dont listen.

Go through the reasons given for unsubbing and then compare those reasons with the changes that have been made. You will see a HUGE red flag as to why the perception that you do not listen is there.

The perception that you dont listen to player feedback is because the huge list of things that cause people to leave the game have not been changed. That my friend is why the problem exists. The devs have chosen to be right rather than admit they made huge mistakes by ignoring their players. The perception is real and nothing is gonna change until the developers change.

Thank you for taking my post serious.

17 Likes

Do you even know what you’re asking? What exactly does “balanced specs” mean to you? For PvE? For PvP? For Fishing?

Does that mean all DPS classes will have the exact same same damage output regardless of gear, experience, skills, timing, lag, weather, locale, what?

Does that mean all Healers can output enough to keep every single raider topped off all the time?

Does that mean all Tanks can tank the entire world without even trying?

So all PvPers can beat on each other endlessly and nobody ever dies?

What does balance mean?

Are you actually serious with this? What are you…12?

No, the customer is almost always never right - some business will disregard this in a show of good will and continued patronage. If they’re selling shoes. Or cheeseburgers.

Remember where you are.

1 Like

Bornakk, If youre reading this, and I hope you are, sometimes all it takes is a response of “hey thats a good idea.” or “interesting observation.” or even as someone said a checkmark that says “seen.” All it takes is that little bit of evidence that what we say is being read by blues to make a difference.

I don’t look at it that way. It’s more likely the lessons have been learned by many, but not all. I don’t disagree that sharing tags/objectives is wonky at times. I sincerely doubt they do it on purpose.

1 Like

I want to take you at your word… I really,really do. I have seen a lot of game breaking bugs not just possible mechanics meant for other players but bugs and game breaking items sneak past testing over the years.

There is not doing knee jerk changes (Though I feel I could make a strong case for blizzard being prone to doing) and then there is letting a problem hit live then continue on for several patch cycles before addressing it.

I honestly feel that testing doesn’t serve a purpose beyond making sure the game doesn’t crash on launch.

6 Likes

well seeing as how you have dain bramage ill try to simplify it so that you understand. the phrase “customer is always right” isnt literal. what it means is, the customer is the one giving us money, so dont argue with them…so that they will give us money

dont know why that was so hard for you

1 Like

This was so simple, yet it appeases many players. Why can’t there be more posts that simply say “we see your feedback, we agree there is an issue here, it is being looked at?”

Even when there is no concrete plan to share, a simple blue post on a 1000 post forum thread about a divisive topic would go a long way and would take 5 minutes to post.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Ive heard this for 14 years. Prove it. This Dev Team has done nothing this xpac besides show beta is a demo and no one making decisions is doing them with fun or player feedback in mind. I have watched countless friends quit in the last 2 months and the remaining ones, including myself, unsubbed after the QA gave us no glimmer of hope.

I think the most frustrating thing is I WANT to play wow, but I cant bring myself to do it. I have never seen a larger collection of disjointed, completely unfun things in this game. I was beyond hyped coming out of Legion which was easily the most fun I had had in the game in years.

Not one thing was iterated with an improvement. Not a single one. The new features are almost universally rejected and unfun, with raid quality rewards to try to get people to do them. Islands are practically forced as you removed AP from the activities I actually enjoy doing, and for weeks I begrudgingly did my
“weekly” until I couldnt even take that anymore.

I am so disappointed in this expansion I cant even begin to truly verbalize it.

18 Likes

i gave 1 below. the fact that you need me to list examples is shameful btw. blizzard not listening? what? when did that ever happen!??!?!?

shockingly the blizzard butt kisser missed the point.

point is when there is a huge glaring issue. its not fixed. but if there is something wrong with battle pets best believe that it will be fixed quicker than you can pay 30$ for an automated in game service.

point is their priorities are awful… class design is terrible… the prune ruined the game and made every class dreadful to play. and every time i see “hotfix” on mmochamp i open it to see that blizzard is hard at working either fixing battle pets or some dungeon mechanic.

14 Likes

The customer here can take their money and go play some other game. Blizzard isn’t a tiny operation where every dollar counts. They can take their losses easily, like Amazon doesn’t even want me to send back the book I already read years ago (with a different cover), just refund me.

Your money is a drop in their ocean.

You guys listen like a distracted parent. “Uh huh. Uh huh. Yes dear. Sounds good.” Then nothing. The game is planned out and developed so far in advance that by the time feedback is provided it’s too late to do anything about it other than numbers tuning. Major themes don’t seem to be picked up on. Things like excessive RNG sucking the fun out of the game, or minimal ways to progress a toon out side of raiding/M+, or removing flight. All things that seem to come back to Blizzard trying to find ways to maximize time played. Not surprising since rumor has it that’s the new metric for measuring success in WoWland.

16 Likes

This is nonsense. If Blizzard listened to feedback not a single feature would have gone live in the state it did. There is not a single area of BFA that has not been altered in a manner the Alpha/Beta players didnt warn them of months before launch.

3 Likes

Yes fishing. Let’s balance them all around fishing. That’s what I meant. Why should shaman have an advanatage?

Let’s start with balancing damage, utility and survivability in a way where the top dps isn’t outclassing the lower dps in terms of all three… that would be a good start for me.

Or how about not giving the tank with the best survivability tools the highest damage and the most utility. Or giving each dps baseline damage, but superior performance on one of aoe, burst, etc… rather than superior performance across the board.

4 Likes

[quote=“Bornakk, post:16, topic:48410”]
I guess you’d be surprised just how much we do read and do listen
[/quote] Surprise us then. Didn’t seem to listen, or read all the feedback over how hated, and still is to this day is that abomination crz. Personally saw a guild I was in on gorefiend go from around 250 very active players drop to around 30 after you put that plague on the playerbase.

1 Like

As someone who has spent the better part of BFA bickering, moaning, and complaining, I wish more people with my point of view would see this post as a reminder that you guys are still trying and that you guys won’t take every opinion at face value.

Firmly believe the developers are split on a lot of topics. And we got a mediocre start to BFA as a result of it. Don’t get me wrong: listening to feedback and taking action on feedback are different. They do listen. But really, really difficult to persuade them in a different direction.

2 Likes