According to the Q&A forum feedback isn't listened too?

humans makes mistakes yes but we can also correct it thats something i have yet to see from the devs maybe a little but not quite

2 Likes

If the game is trash and we are idiots…yeah I would, my dude.

I feel like a lot of the disgruntlement is this “everything is fine, nothing is broken” rhetoric that’s become the default party line from Blizzard. People feel like they’re not being listened to because Blizzard doesn’t ever acknowledge that a lot of people are unhappy.

It’s true, the WoW community is not a hivemind, but that means you have to address everyone’s concerns, even the ones who aren’t happy.

24 Likes

Of course we would be surprised. We have no real evidence of it. Not even the courtesy of "seen :heavy_check_mark: ". Communication doesnt always mean we want a direct answer to whatever is posted, but it certainly doesnt mean that the Blue Tracker should be full of joke threads.

Pop in, make us aware, ask questions, engage. A Q&A every few months to answer a handful of questions isnt enough.

82 Likes

Please tell the class designers to communicate design goals with players, instead of dropping mystery patch changes that simply frustrate us.

For example, shadow priest players are not happy with how we have to play. Blizzard is forcing certain changes (making Shadow Word: Death a talent instead of baseline, absurdity of Voidform, etc.) on us, and largely ignores our feedback for good design change.

Do class designers read the “Submit a suggestion” in-game option when we send them?

12 Likes

They used to do that before but now anytime one does they get yelled at, cussed at told to die and so forth can you blame them for not saying anything now.

8 Likes

Uh… sorry, but I love warfronts. I have a blast with them and could care less about the gear. So that’s not true for everyone.

6 Likes

I hate this excuse. Its weak to excuse an absence of communication on the community itself.

A handful of people saying something mean to you shouldnt keep you from doing a good job. The blues themselves have expressed this multiple times over the years.

33 Likes

I doubt in game data told them a vendor was needed for M+ gear, or that drop rates needed to be changed for islands… that’s all forum and player feedback.

I think they use both, but there is probably a bit of confirmation bias in terms of using data to support design choices they are personally invested in despite player feedback. Its not the worst example of this I have ever seen, but be honest - they put lots of time and resources into developing systems they thought people would enjoy - its hard to hear, much less accept, your wrong about something you created. When it requires lots of time to create a new solution, it probably makes sense to keep justifying it as long as you can.

1 Like

According to IOn, The entire management team for Wow is clueless as to what the “team” is doing . The team for get to tell the players. The team was able to produce better quality with fewer people working on it. The patch notes were complete, but they were incomplete

7 Likes

Remember that people that participate in the WoW forum discussions are a small part of the total playerbase and it is not unlikely that those that do are not a good representative sample so the complaints you find here have to be taken with a grain of salt, (not tears :wink: ), so to speak.

The devs have to pick through suggesstions/complaints and try to evaluate them as to how they’d effect everyone that plays the game. I don’t envy them that job and they are bound to make mistakes from time to time.

2 Likes

I guess you’d be surprised just how much we do read and do listen but that doesn’t mean we do knee-jerk reactions to whatever someone says. We do miss things and do make mistakes, we are still human (unfortunately?), but we do try to consider the implications that changes will have for all player types. We, the World of Warcraft community, are a mass of individuals and not a hive mind. :slight_smile:

Sure, I’ll bite.

Yes, we would be incredibly surprised just how much you read the feedback, looking at how much well thought out and constructed feedback you’ve been given and have done literally nothing with. We aren’t looking for knee-jerk reactions. How about some actual back and forth on the MONTHS of constructive and well documented feedback you guys received from multiple class communities in your alpha stages, only to not do a single thing presented, and in later Q&As have the gall to say you need communicate better, and you’re working on it. Ion says it so damn frequently I’m surprised blizzard hasn’t tried to trademark it yet.

Time and time again, Blizzard has fed us the same garbage that they are trying to get better at doing things, but have done nothing except take advantage of the community’s trust in them to do what is in the game’s best interest.

30 Likes

You would think this mass of individuals, someone would be better at communicating with the players. " Oops we forgot to tell the players about this change" At least with a automated system, you get acknowledged

1 Like

I might believe we are listened to for just about anything except the GCD change. At the very least Blizzard could address the thousands of pages of negative feedback that have been given since the beta.

3 Likes

You’re right, but here’s a bit of constructive feedback and I speak for me only. Here’s my main issue with this expansion.

I don’t like tying class abilities/buffs behind the loot table. I think, maybe, you’re trying to give powerful abilities/buffs to our classes throughout the progress of the expansion, but it doing so, a lot of the classes loose the synergy of what made them fun in Legion. I could look at my artifact weapon and see a clear path of progression (plus it wasn’t always getting replaced) , and though my character might not have complete synergy yet, I knew I would get there. The way it is now, I feel we’re being told wait til we get close to the conclusion and our classes will feel good again but the path to getting there and how the Azerite system currently works removes the fun from the equation. Somehow going from point A (8.0) to point B (8.3X) the adventurous journey is lost, and the loss of synergy because of the pruned abilities is frustrating enough to detract from the enjoyment enough for me to forget about the adventure.

EDIT: Spelling, grammer

7 Likes

Why even bother? You just started posting again after how many years? Lore is supposedly a CM but outside of Twitter he hardly if ever posts. Goat is gone… Only the yak remains.

Seems the only answers people get on the forums are fluff questions. Or heck answers to OTHER people’s games.

6 Likes

Forum feedback is largely anecdotal evidence of a problem. “This always happens to me” or “this feels bad” or “RNG makes this game not fun”.

Of course you’re entitled to your $15/mo opinion. What you have to understand is this game can’t be run by the players. Blues will never say this because they need to keep you happy, but if they make changes based on the mob (aka vocal player base) then you’ll wind up with a horrible game that just spins its wheel always trying to fix “broken” content instead of moving forward.

Like Ion said, they’ll never be to a point where they’re completely satisfied with overall class design. That’s lip service to the player base but at the same time it’s the truth because the player base will never be fully satisfied. That and the game is too complex to ever be truly “balanced” where everyone agrees that its balanced, but I digress.

TL;DR
In game data means more than forums. Blizz won’t tell you that, but its 100% true.

3 Likes

The thing folks are missing is that they do listen to the forums, but their followup is constrained by taking what people say in feedback and The Teams overall vision for the game.

I read the summaries of both Q&A on mmo-champion, I did not watch them.

Consider the Titan Residium stuff. This is a reaction to folks wanting more agency in their equipment choice. At one level, it lets you pick the slot. At the higher level, it lets you pick the slot and the stats.

But in the end, you have to collect the currency.

And to that mmo-champion cited this from the Q&A:

Do we all see that little note at the end? “…the community trying to endlessly grind it.”

That’s a vision thing. That’s a game design and direction thing. No matter how much the community pleas, they will not let you “grind” stuff like this any more. Not for anything important.

So, yea, in these cases, they won’t “listen” to the community because of this stark impasse in vision.

But, at the same time, now you can have better control of some Azerite gear that we didn’t have before. THAT was through assorted channels of customer feedback. They listened, they studied, they pondered, they produced, and this new system is the result.

7 Likes

its funny how almost every single blizzard response could be easily interpreted as “you think you do, but you dont”. This is blizzards slogan. we have no idea what we are talking about. we have no idea what we want. blizzard knows what we want… i mean dont you guys have phones?

24 Likes

Every time one of my kids wants to put their finger in the electrical outlet, I tell them “you think you do but you don’t.” Consequentially she thinks I’m a bad parent, but I still love her.