According to the Q&A forum feedback isn't listened too?

And that point will be long after they’ve all either quit, reassigned to the mobile titles, or fired. They’re not even trying with these classes, it’s been months if not years. I honestly feel that there are only three actual developers left and two of them are working on quests while the last one has to do raids and classes and fetch the other two coffee every morning.

2 Likes

All good. Thank you for the effort :smile:

The Vulpine? It’s a ground mount with flying capability as an afterthought if anything. The wings are okay, but they don’t look like they are part of that mount at all really. Then you have a drake mount, which has static wings and a funny walk… Just one example.

1 Like

ive been saying this since wotlk but:

participation =/= enjoyment.

thats the reality, and its disheartening to see that blizz still hasnt learned that lesson. just because players are doing something, doesnt mean they are enjoying it. the path of least resistance is a massive driving force, so if something is relatively easy to do, but is terrible content, players will still do it to try to progress there character.

because blizzards only avenue of player progression is gear progression, players will put themselves through things they really dont want to do to get something they want. and now with endless RNG on everything, players will put themselves through A LOT of things they dont want to do to try to get some progression done. they just have to try to win the lottery so that they can stop doing that content. islands are pretty damn bad content, and blizzards design decision to not have any overlap between gaining gear/gaining AP so that you have to purposely choose to farm for AP or farm for gear really shines a light on this. i feel forced to do islands for the AP even though i dont want to do it. its not like i can get decent AP from raid, or M+.

if blizz are only using statistics based around participation instead of actual player engagement and enjoyment, then that is a very very bad thing.

3 Likes

Does this listening have anything to do with the writing? I know purge squads were changed a bit, but I dunno if that has to do with the forums or not.

Cause there are a lot of gripes about the writing. I would really love it if my character woke up and this was all a nightmare like… Next week.

1 Like

That is totally fair. I hope we can change that but it will take time. I am here though, I have read your post, so I have listened to some degree, right? (I know, it only counts when it’s in the game, but one step at a time.)

7 Likes

I would really like to know why you don’t touch any of the population questions. It’s downright painful to try and play alliance at times because there just aren’t enough people.

I’m not talking about accusations of bias or story tit-for-tat counts either. I’m simply talking about populations. Not overall, not everyone. “Participation rates”. Horde vs Alliance participation. We’ve got leaderboards that paint a very grim picture in both raiding and mythic+ dungeons.

How bad is it really, and what’s going to be done to help alleviate the problem and balance things out again?

6 Likes

This comment has made you my favorite blue. You said you were here and that you listened and you hope there’s a change. Honestly I think you are the first blue I have ever seen say something like this.

1 Like

At 20, if they are still living under my roof I don’t care if they are paying or not …it’s my roof and they can do things my way or they can gtfo.

The benefit of the doubt is reserved for companies that have earned it. You are woefully far away from that kind of trust. You always talk about wanting to be more open and have more communication but in every single game you do the exact opposite. You have cried wolf so many times no one believes you. You abandoned your class boards and most of your replies are jokes. Certain individuals may care but they are not the ones allowed to speak on the boards and the ones that are clearly don’t care. Put up or shut up, you have no right to ask anything from us right now with this dumpster fire of an expansion.

14 Likes

[quote=“Bornakk, post:70, topic:48410”]
That is totally fair. I hope we can change that but it will take time. I am here though, I have read your post, so I have listened to some degree, right? (I know, it only counts when it’s in the game, but one step at a time.)
[/quote]I hope that this is true, but We have been burned so many times before in the past. Every expansion we get the " we hear you and know we need to work on communication , we will try to do better ". But better never happens , But thank you for the response

1 Like

Continuation of ignoring game with substandard patches, fixes and other great stuff that have not been done from even years gone by.
Great Father Articus is still stuck in the stone roof of that cave. Years and years. Silverpine Cities in Dust has been boinked since it came out.

2 Likes

Hate to point this out, but this “CESSPOOL” it present on EVERY forum that has WoW anywhere included in it. The SAME complaints. Do you really think its all just the same people from this “CESSPOOL” going to every imaginable forum, blog, or anywhere on the internet that has a WoW section and posting in those thousands of sites/blogs/magazine/video and whatnot?

Wake up, the complaints are ALL the same, and they ALL get the same attention they get here with likes, or comments. If a company brushes off the negative aspects of their game, being shouted from the rooftops everywhere, then the game is not long for this world much longer.

Everywhere i go its always the SAME complaints, and the supporters of those complaints backing them up.

Yes, WoW is all i have played for the last 14 years, except FFXIV for awhile, and i am heart broken seeing it going down the road it is on. All i see at the end of it is a cliff. I have NEVER not had a reason to not log on almost every day for 14 years(my sub has NEVER lapsed), but now, i can go without logging on a good couple days and not miss a thing, absolutely nothing.

The game is in a sad state. I havent read the blue response, because that will probably break my heart to, so ill just wait until i get to it while reading all the replies before it.
Welp i got to the blue response, and yup, true to form, it was very sad. The hive mind jab really stuck out.

5 Likes

You’re right, and thank you for being here to listen. I’ve often thought to myself, over the years, that it must really be difficult to hear the WoW feedback and personal insults.

Yet here you are, and you are reading the feedback, so that’s a brownie point for you. I like it. Thanks. We do have more ahead of us, but it’s a start.

2 Likes

When your class team literally said “we don’t have time to balance some specs on launch” you expect us to be patient? No, bfa state is far to lousy to allow that right now. The class team should have a game plan on how to fix many of the awful specs in the game like shadow, ret all of shaman.

14 Likes

to be fair, this is blizzards doing.

when they spout things like " well the horde are easier to write compelling story for " just screams that they are being lazy with the alliances story. they painted the alliance this way. they are the ones making the alliance boring and sending players merrily off to play the more interesting faction. they are the ones controlling the narrative. its there damn job, and they are failing at it. you can make characters like captain america and superman interesting without them all of a sudden being " morally grey ". the horde are no longer " noble savages trying to eek out there survival " they are now the genocidal warmonger faction that will stop at nothing to eradicate those that arnt sided with them. maybe during the first and second wars the horde were the noble savages, but not since then.

blizzard controls the writing and the narrative, and they have failed the alliance and have caused all of these issues of storytelling within the game AND with letting the hordes racials being so much better in pvp/pve for YEARS. blizzard has failed its own game and its playerbase.

9 Likes

Different mindset back then. Can you imagine the outrage of “OMG TIMEGATING!” if they released a raid after Dazar’alor that you had to clear all the previous content to get into? Or if they released another Netherdrake that took ages to unlock? People complain endlessly about rep requirements now, but that took way longer than anything in BfA took to get exalted.

The difference is people will just complain about anything today. There are plenty of valid issues, don’t get me wrong, but people still complain about the game being a timesink when that is what MMOs are supposed to be.

1 Like

Exactly, and for arguments sake take the 2016 election. Everything pointed to one person taking it all. But there were critics, a lot of them, and no one believed them on either side. Also the silent MAJORITY didnt say anything, they just went out that day and cast their ballot without saying a word.

Its just like this game, the conserns are being dismissed by both sides, those critics against the game are being dismissed by the company(DNC) and by the supporters(the media), and we all know how that turned out. No one is perfect, period, and dismissing negative feedback on ANYTHING is usually a bad idea, because if you do, you end up with a company(the DNC and a certain candidate) thinking they couldnt possibly mess up. You know, the old adage, “We know what you really want”.

Its just like leets in the entire world, they tell us what they think we really want, but in reality, they are 100% wrong. Then they go around making decisions thinking they know better than the unwashed, ignorant masses.

Thats exactly how this situation between Blizz and the players reminds me of. If i strayed off a bit whatever, but it is exactly the same way i felt back then in 2016, and how i feel about Blizz at this point.

3 Likes

It’s one thing to say you’re listening and you’re reading it, but what about the Devs. We’ve seen so many CM just disappear off the forums in just the last 5 years, so it’s great you’re listening, but obviously the Devs aren’t.

So at what point do we as players decide enough is enough, because I know I’m getting pretty tired of paying monthly for something that doesn’t treat me like I’m a valued customer(and this is the majority of the playerbase otherwise you wouldn’t see as many hostile threads daily on numerous websites).

I know over the last 5 years I know I’ve given a vast amount of feedback over Legion and BFA Alpha/Beta and over the course of Warlords and Legion’s PTRs. I can say with utmost certainty that it felt as what little feedback was responded to(not just my own) was over looking what the players were actually talking about. It’s honestly aggravating and I know I’m not the only person who’s done wasting my time to test and give feedback on PTR patches and future alpha/betas tests, it’s very clear ever since Emerald Nightmare came out that you ignore the feedback of the players and that’s exactly why less and less people are giving you feedback on PTR.

Over the last few years Devs have shoved onto us various system changes that did nothing but hurt the playerbase and the response to the feedback was always pretty much “get over it, this is what we’re doing”. To name specific instances the camera zoom change in Legion Alpha, the nameplate change in Nighthold, forced personal loot with BFA Alpha, and the entirety of the Azerite system which had potential, but didn’t show up in Beta until the very end when no one could actually test the system.

In short, talk is cheap and no one is buying the BS anymore. It’s time to step up and give the players(who obviously know better than your internal metrics or testing teams) what they deserve, because for one it’s absolutely deplorable that you promised Enhancement Shaman significant changes, then dumped something that could have been done in a hotfix months ago onto them. Reality is, if you don’t step up, BFA is going to bleed more subs faster than Warlords did.

7 Likes

The only thing I really wonder at this point is why the devs aren’t more active on the Items and Classes forum. I wasn’t really around on the forums during the time but I’ve heard that devs back then were very active on the forums during MoP testing because the community left a lot of feedback about class design but it just didn’t happen this time around.

I would think that with everything that has gone on since BfA Alpha (almost a year ago) that communication in that department would have improved by now but it really hasn’t.

If our feedback is being read over there it would be nice to at least see the devs explain some of the philosophies behind some of the decisions and design moves they make.

Really surprised there hasn’t at least been a Q&A dedicated to classes or specs by now.

3 Likes