Accidentally interrupting RP?

I was just wondering what the proper etiquette was for apologizing (if it ever happened again to me) for inadvertently disrupting an on going RP session.

Seeing as barely any RP actually happens on this server I wouldn’t worry about it unless you run into Dwarven Overlords.

2 Likes

Depends what it is … if it’s ERP, screen shot that and shame them … jk.

Generally people will ask you to move in whisper if you’re interfering with something but if it’s just people gabbing etc, just keep doing what you’re doing. I don’t think you need to apologise. It’s an open world game after all :slight_smile:

Stay in character, and do what your character would do.

Obviously…

a little /bow, a hearty, “Oh, didn’t realize you all were chatting,” and then take an IC step back and listen for a second and see if they invite you in, or if they don’t move on… sometimes a private whisper on the side if you think it is necessary.

but it is a world and sometimes folks are bound to step in inadvertently.

2 Likes

If you want to apologize to a group of people, then just surround your say with brackets: ((Oh, sorry about that!)) - as that denotes a quick, out-of-character comment to the RPers and it would be appreciated.

2 Likes

self report to blizz for RP griefing

I’ve been running into RP in Stormwind all the time, besides the two scheduled tavern RP nights.

1 Like