Accidental Spam

Hey folks,

So i was asked to download a calander mod by a guild and when i loaded in and joined the LookingForGroup channel in classic wow, it spammed the bejebus out of the channel.

Naturally I got reported and now can’t chat in that channel or any other channel for that matter, nor can i access my mailbox.

Question is, how long does it take to be ‘reviewed’ as per the text I get when i tried to chat in /1?

I know i spammed, but didn’t mean to via a broken mod, just wondering how long it will take for me to get back to normal.

There’s no specific timeline on when it gets reviewed apart from when it gets to the front of the line for reports.

That said you can put in an appeal, which I highly recommend, so that a GM can have a look. You can do that here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/823/solution

Be sure to provide the addon author some feedback on what happened too! Hopefully they can take a look at their code to prevent it from happening in the future.

6 Likes

Ahh thank you,

I followed the link, and after completing the form, it will be around 24h (give or take) for a review of the ticket… sigh

Thanks for the info Perl!

4 Likes

No worries! If nothing else, if they’re able to confirm that an addon went a little ‘out-of-control’, they might be able to remove the black-mark from your account so that any future issues won’t stack :wink:

5 Likes

I really hope so… I’ve had no previous issues with my account, and I’ve been playing since actual Vanilla!

crosses fingers

2 Likes

If I may ask, what was the addon making you spam? Usually addons don’t have that kind of control

Perl is certainly guiding you the right way, but I’m kinda curious why the addon acted like it did

1 Like

Group Calendar.

I guess I hadn’t set it up properly before I joined the LookingForGroup channel.

It didn’t spam /1 or /2 or even /3 but when I typed /join LookingForGroup it went haywire.

I see! Usually addons have contact channels as well, so while this is going through you may want to reach out to the addon creator and be like “hey, this happened, it wasn’t great” and maybe prevent it happening in the future as well

Best of luck in your appeals!

3 Likes