Abusive people making island expeditions even worse

You get the mounts by kills the mobs ?

Yes and no. Killing many mobs will grant a chance that an item will be added to the loot that you get at the end. Basically, the system checks all the mobs you killed and what loot they might “drop,” and at the end of each expedition rolls to see if you get any of it.

Spoiler alert, you usually don’t. :stuck_out_tongue: Many mobs don’t drop anything, including giants, wolves, and crocolisks. Others do, like most pirate mobs can drop Squawks, a giant parrot mount, or Black Dragons can drop some transmog gear. There’s an addon called Ahoy that will show you what loot is tied to each mob when you select it, but again, it’s just a chance. Moreover, chests, mining nodes and quests, which will add Azerite to your total, will not grant any additional chances at any items, so to truly “farm” the items you’ll want to be targeting specific mobs and related rares and ignoring the big Azerite elemental and all Azerite pickups, which can make it both slower and harder to win in some cases, because the AI isn’t going to leave giant sacks of Azerite lying around while you’re hunting up another group of pirates.

2 Likes

Well I did not even know you could get things other than Azerite from the IE’s till this thread.

Thanks for the info .

1 Like

You’re welcome! Glad I could shed some light on it. :wink:

1 Like

Well, looks like Blizzard completely agreed with me and has totally fixed this issue. I can’t put links in here, you will have to go wo wowhead or something to find the source, but I quote:

Needless to say, I’m glad the toxic play pet farmers were using will become inefficient and this can go back to how it was designed, and how I have always played it - speed is king.

Next up - me being upset that other players don’t understand this change and still boot me even though I’m doing these exactly as intended and I can enjoy my deserter buff…

Theoretically, you should be able to post links to other forum pages and Wowhead and a few others, even at low Trust Levels. Either way, though, here’s your link, then the relevant Wowhead article:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/island-rewards-update/36759

They posted that update yesterday, and it’s great news. I’m also glad that the angry toxic Azerite speedrunners can find common ground again with other people who happen to have a slightly different goal in mind when playing the game. :stuck_out_tongue: Just posting the news that they were tweaking how the loot works would have been a magnanimous step; you didn’t need to keep harping on the fact that you disagree philosophically with someone about goals in Island Expeditions as they currently stand and somehow equate them kicking you because you’re demonstrably a jerk with them ruining the entire game mode for everyone else. As you yourself just shared, we can all get along now. You tell that to everyone who’s interested in speed running, like yourself, and I’ll tell everyone who’s interested in the cosmetic bits, like me. :wink:

We can all get along NEXT WEEK. Tomorrow I’m running 5 toons through it as fast as possible. Maybe I should find a partner so I can boot anyone running to a rare and not helping me speed level? THAT would be on par with what pet farmers are doing now. I think that would be over the line, but hey, they do it to me all the time.

You have inspired me, I’m doing that tomorrow for sure. Run to a rare, good bye! You aren’t doing it for the team.

You keep using that word, ‘team.’ I do not think it means what you think it means. :stuck_out_tongue:
Seriously, man, just calm down. I’ve gone on at length about the fact that you had a legitimate complaint in that you got kicked whilst effectively playing the content correctly, even if it wasn’t in the way someone else probably would prefer. That was legitimate, they did wrong, you got the short end of the stick. I agree with that. But every time I suggested communication or teamwork or anything else, you got consistently more adamant that not only do these “toxic pet farmers” abuse the system to its grand detriment on the regular, and came up with more and more techniques you can employ to attempt to short-circuit someone else’s gameplay just because you didn’t get your way. Dragging “50 guys to them to hopefully wipe them too” and “pretend to do rares” to speed everything up and find a partner to “boot anyone running to a rare.”

At this point, I give up. :stuck_out_tongue: Obviously, you’re going to either live up to your hypocritical mantra of “it’s toxic to kick people for not playing Islands the same way you do, I’m going to do just that” or choose to be a decent human being in the face of some possible adversity instead. That choice is on you, chum, no matter which way the cookie crumbles. You do you, and I’m just going to leave the topic be, as it’s obvious at this point no matter what gets said, you’re going to list more ways to be a jerk and continue apparently justifying the reason people conceivably kicked you–for not being a team player.

1 Like

It sucks but there isn’t really Blizzard can stop abuse of the votekick system because there isn’t a way to judge the intent, motive, and validity of a vote kick at least until we make telepathic computers.

Victim blaming, nice.

Your asking for communication - go for it, tell them, they didn’t communicate a second before I got booted. Not once. If I start off with “I’m going to do this as fast as possible” then I’d just get the boot and deserter. Awesome fix.

At least Blizzard agreed with me and is fixing this, so this thread is probably rightfully deader than a doornail. I think we can just let it die.

The honest takeaway is that no matter that Blizzard made islands a core xpac feature and put tons of dev time into it, I hate it and hope to play it as little as possible. And I’ve learned I’m probably not trying any 3 man PuG content again, ever and I probably should tank less in PuGs too.

If I kick you it’s because I don’t want to play with you. I have every right to start a vote to get you removed.

No worries, your only level 62 with only 7 levels of experience, so it isn’t possible we have run into each other… :slight_smile:

Oh it is. On my 120s. :slight_smile:

They don’t. They have always stated that group kick is there for any time players are not enjoying their experience with you. A kick does not need any reason other than they do not enjoy grouping with you.

As for this change, it is probably to fix the system in loot distribution. They have received a lot criticism for the lack of rewards from IE. By making the loot table just a flat thing on islands regardless of what you kill that will allow them to balance the rewards more efficiently. I doubt this has to do with people being kicked like yourself, and more to cater toward the people who are farming.

Well, they 100% did. Read their post about how the system created a toxic environment between pet farmers and speed players. And to resolve it they are making speed running the optimal way to do both now… Any sort of play which is not about speed is thus not the designed way or the optimal way to run it (as of next Tuesday).

So they agreed with me and they are fixing it so my method of playing is optimal for everyone. Literally, can’t get much better than that for me on this topic.

You can stop “probably” speak, since they explained it fully for you.

Well still unlikely we ran into each other, I ran with a partner to boot any pet farmers yesterday in my 4 toon runs. Luckily peeps decided to follow the tank and not get deserter - and no, I didn’t communicate, I just watched (basically doing the pet farmer tactics realizing that booting the 3rd is apparently valid and not “jerky” eh?).

Oddly yesterday the fastest run was disco priest - with Sun Stroke (or whatever) my priest was over 25k dps and the games were over in minutes. That’s some crazy damage and I could take on 30+ mobs at once no issue, solo.

Got one left, will probably do the same today. And then on all my leveling toons, no need to allow jerks to ruin these runs as the word on the street is they can’t actually read blue posts and don’t understand that they already removed the argument that killing rares does anything in the first place - it’s only about types of mobs. (So in the end, even the pet farmers didn’t understand how it worked).

I still like my Fix for this.

Booting someone has a 10% chance to boot you too. So if you want to boot, make sure you really mean it!

(inset the evil cackle of a madwoman here) :smiling_imp:

Zenfixi that is wrong, that blue post says that mobs azerite contributes to the chance you have at recieving an item from that mob type. So since rares provide more azerite for their specific mob type they DO provide more a chance of receiving an item off of that mob type. Ignoring of course rares which have no mob type affiliation. So grats I guess on also not understanding fully how it works and belittling others.

I like to see something done about this. I got kicked today not more 3 mins after getting in an ongoing expedition. This is the second time it has happened to me. I reported one of the players and told him/her that I was. The reason I was given that they kicked me was “I was not assisting them.” I just got in and they were on the other side of the island. It would be no big deal except for a buff that prevents you from playing for 30 min, I dont know if this topic will get anyones attention at Blizz. If it happens again I will report again and continue to get screen shots.

You get reputation in island expeditions? Really?

Or are you talking about the reputation with Horde war campaign, that most people got ages ago?