Absorbs no longer prevent dazing?

Thank you for the response!

(Beefköw) #22

Nobody cares tbh.

You get flying in 8.2, not my concern.

(Dathrel) #23

Everyone’s just gonna use water walking anyways.

(Kyzera) #24

Or just not worry about the mount equipment at all. I have seen no reason thus far to use it.

(Verdre) #25

Thats the core issue. Blizzard has created a severe lack of trust among too many WoW players. Not blaming Kaivax, he’s just the messenger.

But this is an issue that Blizzard needs to address. The lack of Trust, of believing that they’re competent and know what they’re doing, or for that matter that they even care about making a quality product.

But that’s a hairy scary topic for another day.

It is good that its a glitch and is being looked into.

There’s flying patrols in Najzatar that’ll daze/dismount you too, so don’t count on flying to fix everything.

(Beefköw) #27

Avoid the flying patrols, problem solved.

(Dathrel) #28

To give the water strider an ability it’s supposed to have by default, by virtue of being a water strider.

Or a handful of WoW players are very stupid and very loud, underestimating how difficult it can be to tackle bugs in a game like this, leveraging insignificant things as proof of their ignorant nonsense, and treating opinions of theirs on design direction as facts. That seems more likely.

(Kyzera) #29

Oh, I understand why others might wish to use the equipment. I meant me personally. I rarely use the Strider as it is. I have the raft for my non-Shaman/DK alts and this toon has the Angler Artifact.

Even if they correct this 'whoopsie! Did we forget about absorbs?!" problem… I expect I’ll still probably want no-daze equipped instead of water walking.

Absorbs only protect while they’re up. If they get depleted, next hit is likely to dismount you. And as a pseudo-tanky warlock I like to round up a big group of targets while mounted and then burn them down while my pet takes agro.

So yeah, raft/underlight angler from now on. Presuming I actually ever log in again. I’m going longer and longer between logins as a result of all this garbage.

(Ruddypiper) #31

Warlords of Draenor was announced at the November 2013 Blizzcon. One of the things they mentioned was “an epic quest to earn flying”.

Alpha started in April 2014 with no flying quest. Blizzard said they had changed their mind with the quest but flying was still coming.

Beta rolled around with no flying.

PTR rolled around with no flying.

WoD launched in November 2014 with no flying. Players asked and Blizzard said it was coming in a patch.

6.1 goes live in February of 2015 with no flying. Blizzard says it’s still coming.

Late on a Friday afternoon on Memorial day weekend Ion Hazzicostas tells the obscure gaming website Polygon that there will be “no flying in current content ever again”.

https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/8645293/world-of-warcraft-no-flying-tanaan-jungle-warlords-of-draenor-mmo-pc-blizzard

That’s a year and a half of Blizzard lying and misleading players about flying. And you think players are stupid and loud and wrong to distrust Blizzard?

Well thank god you all are fixing this game breaking issue. I don’t think I could’ve gone on playing with this bug. I mean it’s not as if there aren’t thousands of other things that are far more important than fixing a mechanic that has always been pretty stupid in the first place…

Aww hell yeah brother. Love you.
Time to continue farming that Opulance trinket.

(Dathrel) #34

Yes, because things change during development. That’s a golden rule of creating something, and a basic understanding that some players are apparently too dim to grasp.

That’s also not a year and a half of lying. To my recollection, Blizzard never promised flying in Warlords of Draenor, they said they were still not sure what they were going to do. If they did promise an “epic quest” I certainly remember them growing more and more ‘meh’ towards the idea as time wore on. There could also have been internal communication problems; they are still human after all.

Regardless, they have continuously stressed that things change in development, so I stand by my statement. Stupid players who are also very loud shout about every supposed sleight Blizzard’s made, typically without evidence, and create a narrative that they can fall back on as though it’s a widespread phenomenon.