About the community council? (specifics on post)

I 1000% agree. That one particular achievement is a huge negative for both normal PvP folks and those who have to try to do the achievement goals.

It is the singular reason I don’t have the meta achievement for all the holidays done.

There is a very good reason it has been the topic of complaints for so many years.

That is outright incorrect. Like it or not, the CMs collect feedback from here, reddit, wowhead comments, twitter, streams, etc. Big streamers have a ton more impact than anyone else - as far as getting heard.

The CC is one part of the feedback, not the entirety of it.

Yeah, I don’t support the idea.

It feels like it is gatekeeping discussion and voices from the community, limiting it to a portion of people that actually do not represent any player at all, unless please correct me if I am wrong, I didn’t not vote or elect anyone to represent me there.

So, it all goes back to our inability - as a community - to respect each other and actually discuss ideas (with respect). That is why we don’t get Devs interacting with us anymore.

So they get a small group of people they selected so they talk with them.
I miss the times when Ghostcrawler would come and talk with us, but back then we were also much better human beings.

Nowadays any thread is a political or social discussion, or someone will find a way to derail the thread into that.

Either way, I don’t expect anything good coming from the community council nor do I care for their existence. It is nothing more than a PR stunt to show us that they actually hear our voices but in reality they are not hearing our voices at all, they are just talking to a bunch of people they have selected and our voices remain unheard.

6 Likes

I have read enough of their posts to know they don’t provide any noticeable feedback that actually represents the player base. More like the feedback they give is solely for their own needs/desires.

5 Likes

Curiously, the only one that was actually giving some decent feedback that actually addressed some of the player base’s concerns was Prosident, which was canceled by the social justice warriors.

Kind of a digression from the topic but if it’s okay I would like to ask you a question that I would love the CC’s feedback on?

How do you guys feel, if it’s even been discussed in depth, about the first race added to the game that cannot perform all three Core roles?

Right now the race/class feedback from the CC is mostly in the targeted feedback thread the Blues asked us to post in.

I’ve made statements similar to what I’m about to say on the CC already.

I don’t think everyone needs to be able to do everything. So I’m perfectly fine with it. If that’s the way Dracthyr are designed, works for me.

4 Likes

Yeah read through that a few days back, but a lot of the tanking brought up there was in regards to the class not so much the race. I know that currently that’s a whole package deal, but in doing so we now have a race that can’t be a tank period. Which is kinda my concern as someone who has been hoping for more dragon themed player options for years.

You’re confusing Community Managers (CM) with Community Council members (CC)

A community council member is a player just like you and me and they can say and do whatever they want (within the rules, like everyone else). They don’t have to make Community Council topics based on what other people want if it isn’t something they agree with.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed and deleted while you were typing haha

1 Like

This is my issue with it. Blizzard chose who would be on the council, and according to at least one “community council” member the people represent themselves, not a segment of the community. This negates the entire word "Community ".

10 Likes

Do you mind opening a topic about this in the council subforum?
Would really appreciate it.

So…

The CC was lip service?

That’s disheartening if unsurprising. Why even use the word “community”?

1 Like

Probably because it’s comprised of members of the community? It’s a council that consists of members of the community.

2 Likes

I suppose.

But if they’re under no obligation to represent the community, it’s a disingenuous name for the council.

I’m just trying to understand. I haven’t been following the council much and I had assumptions that seem to be incorrect. Assumptions effected by a name like “Community Council”.

Guess that’s on me and my common usage understanding of English.

2 Likes

I can feel that, I had thought the same thing when I came back to the forums

That’s me. Recently bought 30 days when my other game was in a patch day and I had an itch to do ANYthing in an MMO…

I think I bought a month around last Dec too. Love that winterveil ambiance.

(I’ve logged in three times on those two month-long subs… Game is so weird and lonely now… like a dead mall or something.)

It is only a feel good thing.

3 Likes

Your common usage understanding of English only goes so far when it comes to Blizzard, they have lawyers who can make anything sound like anything. :wink:

It’s pretty vague. And by the way, that was only my interpretation of it and not official. In any official statement about the Community Council they have only ever really said that they were inviting players of all kinds to a special discussion. I think that people just assumed they were meant to be representatives.

I don’t know if I’ve missed any “live chats” but I wonder when the next one is.

I don’t see any harm in that. Personally, I have always maintained that a “community” effort is all fine and dandy, but the responsibility for better communication falls on Blizzard, as it always has. Trying to be on the fence about it but when I heard about it I assumed it was just a PR move.

I try not to treat CC members I see any differently than other posters. Gold text doesn’t mean much. I don’t put much stock in what they say in GD (with the exception of maybe Mirasol because she is informative) and I don’t expect them to share my opinions and speak on my behalf when I didn’t vote for them.

One good thing about the CC forum is that it does have a few topics that I can relate to or agree with or talks about things I’d like to see, without all the extra hyperbole, personal in-fighting, and drama. Not that I mind that stuff, but if Blizzard and their Community Managers are actually trying to get feedback from the forums, they shouldn’t have to suffer through… us being us? The CC forum is nice and clean. Best thing about it, imo.