About SOM-->Wrath and our Characters

What I really hope they do, and dont mess up like they did with Classic–> Is have a charge for simply cloning your toon. That killed Era right off the bat before it ever had a chance. If they do stick to the also OG plan of SOM staying Era.

The way its worded, it could absolutely be a one way. And that would really bum me out. Even if it didn’t have the charge, but just wasn’t an option. Era would get a giant boon it needs IMO

In the most strict sense of a ‘seasonal’ toon, it is one that will be deleted completely after the season ends. SoM’s launch decided that was too much and instead offered the SoM players the opportunity to transfer to an Era realm by season’s end. Now they have decided that you will have the option of avoiding permanent deletion by transferring to Classic Era or WOTLK progression realms. There is currently no announced plan to allow SoM toons to trasnfer BOTH to Classic Era and WOTLK and honestly I don’t think there should be. You chose a seasonal realm when you clicked “Enter World”. Either live with those consequences or stop playing on supposedly ‘seasonal’ servers.

1 Like

But if I chose a character, that I did on playing Era with with my initial intention. But now that I also choose to access additional content they are providing, I should lose the purpose of why I rolled the character?

That doesn’t make much sense.

I don’t like seasonal realms and I do not play on them. To me, it sounds like you became attached to your seasonal character and don’t want the progress you’ve made with it to be left behind and I certainly empathize with that. However, the fact of the matter is you chose a seasonal server. Blizzard is even already accommodating the players that are experiencing ‘Buyer’s Remorse’ by providing two transfer options. I would hope that the lesson learned here is to not play on seasonal realms if seasonal play is not enticing for you.

Are you not getting what Im saying? There’s no remorse to be had other than why wouldn’t I be able to do with my toon, the way I intended it to be. In addition to what is now being offered. Its silly for them to offer something new, but then not let you do what they said I could do with the character from the very moment I made the character when it was name reserved

No I certainly understand the problem. I am not unsympathetic to the idea that characters you create in the world should have a lasting impact. For me, a large portion of the game’s enjoyment comes from my chacters’ progression, growth, and influence on its surroundings. This is specifically why I avoid playing on seasonal realms.

You keep using “Seasonal” in the traditional sense. A seasonal means that a character was meant to be deleted and lost, gone. That was never the intention with these SOM toons, so to use any other standards does not mean anything.

I disagree. Regardless, now it seems that enough of the SoM playerbase has recanted their desire for seaonsal play (the decision they made upon completing Character Creation) and have instead decided they want their toons to be added to either Classic Era and/or the retail progression realms. Neither of these conclusions are legitimate seasonal play yet Blizzard is still offering the choice to pick one.

More important than either of those choices is the decision to play or not play on a seasonal realm

You literally can’t disagree. There isn’t an “opinion” on the matter. From the very get go, Blizz stated these would go through the season, then merge to Era. Fact stated. These were never intended to be a character that vanished once the season was done, so your entire points are void.

Ok. So pick one. You’re even allowed the option to select retail’s wotlk. Be happy?

Well.
You could choose not to go to Era and your character would be wiped with the server.
It was always a choice.

edit

Option.
Meaning you could choose to go to Era or not. This was the original statement.
Now this has been altered to include an option to go to a progression server (on to Wrath Classic) but again it remains an option. So there appear to be three options:

1. go down with the ship or
  2. take the lifeline to Era or
  3. progress on to Wrath Classic

Having a charge connected with options 2 and 3 has not been mentioned.
Should you decide in favor of option 1, I salute you.

2 Likes