About allied races

Can blizz over simplify the absurd chain quests needed for each one?
its just quite a workout to unlock something we already paid for…

5 Likes

They already removed the rep requirement, the biggest hurdle. There is at least SOME steps you have to do, its not a core race, you are getting an ALLY to the cause…

3 Likes

They already took the worst part out, which was the rep. The quest chains aren’t bad and actually most are interesting to go through.

More importantly though the models need some work. These were supposed to be “prestige” races, and instead they look like this: https://imgur.com/a/rVV1rGC

3 Likes

Does that rep removal thing include the Mechagnomes? I am grinding out the last bit of my rep (I’m going to finish it regardless because I am so close to exalted) but I’d like to get the quest chain done. I have no intention of making a mechagnome I just want the option.

Quoting an old post of mine, seems appropiate :stuck_out_tongue:

First, I’ll say that I have them unlocked. The rep was obviously the biggest hurdle, and getting that removed was a good step for Blizz.

My only issue with them is still the fact that most of the ‘causes’ they join us to help with are over with. It just feels weird unlocking them at this point, imo.

They aren’t a reputation (anymore) or a cosmetic feature you can add to any character. Choosing your race in WoW is huge, why lock some behind a pointless quest chain at this point?

2 Likes

That was the main I left two and a half years ago. The rep requirements were BS. Was doable after their removal.

The pointless part…shows the reasons for them joining the “fight” and also…shows a history of that race.
Does it suck for new customers that see a velf and think “I want that purple goodness” ?
Sure. At some point they are going to eventually be probably default unlocked, like everything else wow does…
but for now, I am totally fine with people experiencing the story lines, and having to do a little work to get extra stuff.

1 Like

Yes please! At least when it comes to the dungeon requirements in BFA.

Normally I wouldn’t say this but since the dungeons are measurably more difficult at 60 thanks to wonky scaling it’s a pain in the butt now.

:cookie:

4 Likes

i wanted a ztroll druid but then i read i had to do 80+ quests and i just said nooooooo way

1 Like

This definitely isn’t the hill I want to die on, just something I think is more of an inconvenience for new players. Especially when you learn about all other default races and why they joined whichever side and their history through actually playing them, not unlocking them on a different character.

Level an alt…through BFA…and well, you have all of it done basically…

yeah RIGHT! also please just place NPCs in every major city that every time you click them give instant max lvl, gold cap, and full top tier PVP and PVE gear /s

1 Like

no thanks.

So none of the allied races have rep reqs anymore?

Not for a bit of time https://www.wowhead.com/allied-races

1 Like

I am happy that Blizzard dropped the rep requirement for these. Rep is always a real B to finish.

I find the quest chains quite enjoyable. I can usually get thru one on a Saturday play date.

2 Likes

i jsut wanted to UwU in bgs

Seriously, the amount of bugged and poorly explained steps is daunting. I cant imagine doing any of it without wowhead comments, detailing when it’s ok to abandon and require bugged steps, or if it’s just explained so poorly it’s a wonder anyone ever completed it in the first place.

The very least they could do is have an indicator for quests related to AR, so players don’t have to fish through the 101 steps; Maybe a new color for AR quests or a separate sub-category in the quest log. Heck, even some text in the description stating that the quest is related to AR would go a very long way in minimizing the frustration.

3 Likes

Unlocking Kul Tiran was such a feat. While I feel accomplished, I think the requirements to unlock allied races is too damn high.

1 Like