Abominable Lives

Please, please, PLEASE add a way to reroll the quests for Abominable Lives. Make it cost Malleable Flesh or Superior Parts or something and let us give it to specific constructs. There’s now less than 2 months from Veilstrider going away and this is literally the only achievement i’m worried about because the quests are 100% random. That’s literally only 7 more weeks to try to get 2 quests from Chordy and some people didn’t get the achievement for 3 MONTHS after trying for it.

23 Likes

I got them all done from 0 in the span of 4 weeks. Are they on a set rotation or did I just get lucky?

2 Likes

I got them all done from 0 in the span of 4 weeks. Are they on a set rotation or did I just get lucky?

You got extremely lucky. You did the perfect combination of creature creations while having the perfect combination of RNG for the randomized quests.

Just to give you an idea of the randomization factor. There are 13 aboms total. Each offers 1 quest. 7 of them have 3 separate quests in their rotation, 3 have 2 quests, and the final 3 only have 1 quest. So yeah, you got lucky that those 7 gave you all of theirs in just 4 weeks.

I’ve got 3 abom quests until I get Veilstrider, and they’re the same 3 quests I’ve needed for 5 weeks now.

Blizzard just needs to give this the Ember Court treatment. A way to reroll the quests, at the cost of Malleable Flesh, and an infinite number of times. That would literally solve this problem.

“Sabrina, I’ve already done Fighting Words for you, here’s 5 Malleable Flesh, let’s do something else.” Then another one of the quests pops out. Done.

10 Likes

You got lucky. Although most are a simple 50/50 chance each week, that still means with only 4 weeks to go now, and more than 16 quests to do, odds are one of the Aboms will roll up the same quest 4 weeks in a row and you won’t get it done.

People have been telling Blizzard to stop mixing “RNG” and “limited time only” for 17 years now (basically since the very first Hallow’s Eve) but they still haven’t got the message.

10 Likes

It’s been probably over 3 weeks now that i only requier ONE quest(33% chance) for the meta achievement and the game refuse to give it,

OP solution is a way to get rid of the RNG and is a SIMPLE FIX for people who got THE UNLUCKIEST RNG of all time.

People said, in the wowhead comemnts that the quests should have been in a SET ROTATION, which baffle me as why it is NOT a thing …

Like cmon Blizz…

7 Likes

I would accept a rotation too since that would literally line up with how long it takes to get the mushroom rep and Ember court achievements. The pure rng is just awful and as we get closer to Veilstrider going away it just feels bad to be worried about it even 2 months out.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to get the DMF buff for 10% extra rep.

Sure it’s not a lot, but it MIGHT make a 1 day difference, in the end.

1 Like

Don’t forget to get the DMF buff for 10% extra rep.

Sure it’s not a lot, but it MIGHT make a 1 day difference, in the end.

You’re thinking Mush Appreciated, which you are correct, it would help a little bit. However, this won’t help with Abominable Lives. There is no rep involved with Abominable Lives. You have to complete 31 quests, 28 of which are randomized in their availability.

4 Likes

Which they should ahve been in set rotation, but idk why Blizzard hasn’t done that.

Hell, it would SURPRISE ME if they actually did that.

Edit: Also, i tried to change covenant for “hope” that the quest would change, but it didn’t.

4 Likes

Just remove abominable live from the requirement. You already have to hunt down materials for 25 outfits and create every single construct, which is already more work than every other covenant. There’s no reason for this.

9 Likes

I would rather a set rotation or the suggestion of the “pay to swap” feature. Either one works, but I spent 6 months trying to get a single quest to spawn for the hand mount (I missed the quest one time while on vacation) .
This kind of RNG just makes me hate trying for these kind of achieves. This week was just another kick in the crotch as not a SINGLE quest of the seven I need are available, I know I skipped it a few weeks ago because I was out of town for work, but we shouldn’t grind out these things in fear of some stupid limitation ruining it for us when its otherwise just time and effort.
I didn’t count the exact number, but I think at least 5 of the quests are the exact same as last week - that is just crap.

7 Likes

EXTREMELY LUCKY.
May I ask when it was you did this? I had about half done up until about a month ago (when I found out about he achieve) and have only gained a little ground in the last 4 weeks.
Just this (and I gotta swap some bodies for ember court this week) and I am done, I just don’t like the feel of the RNG with only a few weeks to go.

5 Likes

I started ember court and necro on same week, both from 0 and finished necro 1 reset before the ember court. I got that ‘it’s a wrap’ achieve on Necro on the first day, so that should be when I started.

Edit: Can see achieve dates here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/sifu/achievements/expansion-features/covenant-sanctums

8/30 I started Necro and 9/20 I finished everything.

1 Like

some people get lucky.

Most don’t.

3 Likes

Having a meta based on luck is a good way to tell people they’re wasting time playing your game.

6 Likes

I really don’t understand why they didn’t just have 1 achievement to do maybe 20/31 of the quests or 25/31 and then a separate one for all like how Wardrobe Makeover is set up.

4 Likes

There’s clearly a lot of people getting screwed by this single achievement.

6 Likes

That is all anyone is asking for

7 Likes

I heavily agree with Abominable Lives being too unfair to attain for Back From The Beyond. I have sent an in-game feedback form regarding this, and suggest anyone reading this should do the same. Hopefully together we can get this changed.

8 Likes

I also have submitted feedback. It’s a lot of work to have gone through for nothing.

4 Likes