Abolish/Cure disease Bugged

Hi there blizzard, stop closing off threads relating to this topic.
It just shows you are trying hide something?
You can’t tell me that this is correct “Additionally, dispelling of harmful affects in certain pve encounters will also have a small chance to fail.”
Talked to many priests along with sharing my own experience on Grobbulus that this is a JOKE. Casting Cure/Abolish disease 11 times and only successfully dispelling twice?

6 Likes

Its actually a component of game play that was previously bugged out, many resistance stats just were not working in both PVE and PVP… You can counter this with spell penetration.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dispells-can-resist/944750/8

I quoted what blizzard wrote back from that thread.
You say it can be countered with spell penetration… pretty sure that is for harmful spells?
Abolish/cure disease is dispelling a FRIENDLY target…
Are blizzard suggesting that we need to wear 3% hit gear to ensure the dispel? (since players are lvl 60)

2 Likes

Any spell offensive or defensive dispel that has some form of resistance such as but not limited to Vile poisons rogue talent that prevents dispel mechanic by ~30%…

This can be counter played by spell penetration.

Boss mobs debuffs apparently have this function too.

No. It wasn’t. This was never in the game in vanilla.

2 Likes

Did you have Naxx on farm in Vanilla?

Did you play vanilla? Watch any video. This was not a thing. It’s also not limited to naxx in this iteration as I did have AQ40 on farm and this function changes that as well.

1 Like

Just because you don’t remember it does not make it so.

This entire thing seems like a bug related to the roll out of prepatch in some way.

1 Like

Just because you say something pithy doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about in the slightest. This was not in the game. Anyone who played vanilla is saying this.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t remember it working that way, but there have been some things I remember one way and fact is… they worked differently. Memory is funny like that, and blizzard literally just said its a feature that was not working (broken) until now.

=/

Not working and broken until now would mean it was literally never in the game in vanilla. I can remember very vividly playing the game. Offensive dispels could be resisted. Defensive ones could not. Until TBC talents rolled around which is when things really changed.

1 Like

Spell penetration reduces the target’s resistance to your spells; it is a different mechanic from spell hit rating. Spell penetration only works against targets with resistances, and will not reduce resistances below zero.”

This is directly from Vanilla wow wiki. If you read it correctly it reduces the TARGET’s resistance meaning the player and not the spell itself.
If having Motw buffed on the player causes resist too then this is a stupid update.

1 Like

I don’t remember klause being a broken record blizzard shill beforehand. I guess things changed in recent months.

1 Like

Amen brother

1 Like

I am not shilling, I don’t get paid. Just pointing out my observations. Take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe the rate of resist “RNG” is wrong? I don’t know.

Ask questions about the thing, I mean… what harm can it do?

Your first comment was to literally tell me I’m wrong with 0 evidence for your side other than a blizzard post from some random person who doesn’t know the game. The second one was to tell me I’m wrong because I didn’t raid naxx in vanilla and your third was a complete sidestep from me saying this also changes AQ40 which I did raid in vanilla and literally never had any resists ever. You can go watch videos from vanilla clears and I guarantee you will not see any resists from friendly dispels on dungeon bosses. Anywhere.

2 Likes

Not saying your memory is not true, just ask some questions to them about it rather than being hostile… The guy that posted in there is actually one of the Classic WoW devs and he may help you.

Then ask questions rather than just spouting the same nonsense. This guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I mean if they want to change stuff whatever but I hate when people spout nonsense as fact. It’s a bug or it’s a new feature they wanted to try and sneak by as old gameplay. Whatever fine but they should come out with actual facts rather than deflect with blatantly false information.

2 Likes

Man that’s hard to confirm without the game data. I would love to get my hands on a real running original running 1.12 server…