Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

I’ve been away and then playing low level stuff.

Is this issue still going on? 8 months later?

1 Like

Yup it is.

1 Like

Amazing this is still going on,6 seconds on my druid to go bear form or my hunter still waits for her shot to go off.I see none of that when I play on my N.A servers…at all.
I will stay subbed again just to watch the train wreck.

Doing the invasion… Rolling VERY VERY carefully because there’s no guarantee how long I will roll for given the lag. This definitely still exists the moment the servers get remotely “busy”.

Agreed Llammy. Terrible, terrible lag during invasion.

bump, so we don’t fade completely into obscurity

1 Like

We already faded into obscurity in Blizzard’s eyes long ago mate.

3 Likes

Hello obscurity.

I am from the US server but still I will leave this here maybe It can be used…

I will probably get lash back for this but oh well and I am NOT claiming this Is the Issue just some thing I tested…

I’ve been having latency/DC Issues since the start of BfA (In Legion I was fine)

But because of this I was testing stuff and I have kind of replicated this “Lag” or some thing similar on my hunter, I would have 30-50 latency play JUST fine

But then I would join a group on purpose for a boss and while It’s trying to phase me I would use disengage and sure enough that sort of “Lag” would hit I could move, I could talk but my abilities were not going off , It would FINALLY go off once I fully zoned Into the shard I was zoning Into I tested this 2-3 times able to do It every time

Join a server, It starts to phase I use an instant cast like Disengage and It would NOT go off until I was fully phased the Icon would light up and stay lit up until I fully phased Into the new shard then It would go off.

So maybe It’s a possibility of “Shards” fighting over players? And that’s why It doesn’t affect every one, Only those unlucky enough to get assaulted by these vicious shards.

The thing I don’t get though, Is I do get that lag any where , In Bg’s,Dungeons,Out In the world etc, I can’t figure out how the shards would fight over you while you were In an Instanced area (If this were to be the Issue)…

It may be Coincidence maybe others can test It.

That type of lag is expected, probably unavoidable as your character and data stream are transferring from on shard to another. I can’t see that kind of thing ever being seamless, best case is they try and avoid it happening during combat.
I swapped shards as I went to click on the Supply Crate in an assault, that was irritating but not the end of the world.

Overall things have improved, no doubt about that, but how much of the improvement is from less people playing now?
The guild I finished Mythic Antorus with is struggling for players, I’m not even sure they’ve got enough for Mythic now. :frowning:
I left them earlier this expansion because I didn’t “keep up” with them, that was because the lag was so horrible that forcing myself to play was bad for my mental health.

I’ve got friends on other servers, both US and Oceanic, who are also struggling for players. One group is doing a mass transfer to a "Full" server so they’ll have more potential players.

I think people stopped enjoying themselves and took a break, during that break they found other things to do and they haven’t come back.

To be honest I find it hard to believe that the issue is isolated to the sharding as you say, simply because the latency issues are new from BfA.
Sharding has been around for years and we’ve always expected a delay when transferring, but this latency is just through general world content whilst on the same shard.

The issue appeared in 8.0 the pre-patch for BfA and the change from PvE + PvP servers to WM sharding. It seems evident that some of the tech for WM sharding is the root cause of the issue

2 Likes

No change?

nope. We’ve been shelved.

1 Like

I am currently experiencing more gathering-related lag.

Server: Caelestrasz
Zone: Drustvar
Character: Rowall (A)
What I’m doing: skinning beasts
My ingame ms is normal, its the old issue of having definite delay between starting to skin a corpse and actually having it happen.

1 Like

On Cael/Nagrand yesterday (Sunday) lag was as bad as it has ever been despite latency showing as perfectly normal. Especially bad in Boralus.

The only real solution is not to log on on the first place.

So much for Blizzards “time played” metric.

1 Like

Sucks for their time played metric.

Also sucks for their “money earned from subscription income” metric.

Trying to do anything in Boralus at the moment feels incredibly sluggish… No difference in latency as per the usual. Takes several seconds to vendor items. Gross gross gross!

1 Like

I suppose Blizzard are hoping that by ignoring us the issue will go away.

Well it has not.

3 Likes

Cael/Nagrand. Yesterday (May 1st). 2.00pm server time. Latency normal.

During Invasion in Drustvar the lag was terrible and of course there were players from most Oceanic servers in the zone.

It is a total disgrace that this is still going on. It has been since BFA launched.

1 Like

Today (Sunday). Cael/Nagrand. Zone Tiragarde Sound. My latency showing as perfectly normal. Lag whilst “trying” to do dailies very bad. Maybe 2 second delay to any action. This is the worst that I have experienced for a while. Time was 1400 hours server. Gave up, logged off.

1800 hours, logged on again (I know, optimist). No improvement whatsoever. This time I am in Boralus. Even trying to gem/enchant stuff was painful. Gave up, logged off.

And Blizzard CONTINUES to ignore its Oceanic player base.

1 Like