Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

And so it continues. As bad as ever.

This has gone on for the whole expansion!

Blizzard want us to pre purchase Shadowlands while continuing to present, and ignore, this rubbish.

1 Like

Pretty laggy at the moment on Caelestrasz (Zuldazar during assault). I guess plenty of extra people playing at home in isolation thanks to COVID-19 at the moment, making it more prevalent.

Any chance of a blue post confirming whether or not the underlying tech responsible will be fixed in Shadowlands? Otherwise time spent there may be pretty shortlived :confused:

1 Like

For what it’s worth… I used the group finder last night to join a team for Grand Empress Shek’zara world boss in Vale…despite showing as about 38 / 39ms home / world, that was probably one of the laggiest experiences I’ve had in WoW… despite having started playing the game on US servers, from New Zealand. On dial-up.

There were plenty of others in the zone at the time complaining of it too - even those that were just going about their dailies.

Whether it’s the sharding, warmode or whatever, dear gawd it’s gotta change!

Hahahahahaha. I quit for over a year, come back and still the same lag in the open world. Ability/looting lag when my MS doesn’t move above 20ms.

Actually find it quite amazing it hasn’t been fixed still

1 Like

Today, Wednesday April 29th the problem is as bad as ever. Normal latency for me 63/65 (in Perth) but trying to do the invasion in Pandaria is just a crazy lagfest.
It is 8.00am server time, hardly peak.
I am surrounded by players, Horde and Alliance that are not from my server and lagging very badly.
When, when, will this be acknowledged and dealt with?

1 Like

Same, in perth. running 500 latency in a 16 workshop. Should have been an easy chest but ruined because of me, the tank and 1 dps running high latency.

Note: the other 2 laggers not in perth but in oz

I appreciate your comments but yours is a different issue. This forum topic is based on latency being normal but lag still happening. This has been a problem since BFA launched. If you go back far enough you will find some blue posts, one of which postulates that it could be down to the layering system.
I am no expert but I have to say logically it makes sense. Latency is normal, bad lag, lots of people from disparate servers all together.
The lack of action by Blizzard and their continued ignoring of this forum post says it all imo.

1 Like

It surprises me that there have been no further complaints. Perhaps people have given up.

For me at least, the problem remains. Though I rarely play now (yes, I did give up) on those occasions when I do log in to Boralus it is truly awful.

An absolute joke again in Vale again tonight, despite ~40ms home/world ping. Some form of assurance that this is sorted for Shadowlands would be appreciated…please…

Was in the vale last night unable to do much of anything frame rare dropped to nearly 30 after the patch I have now noticed my Latency is now stuck on 237 home and world perminatly

Damn, that doesn’t sound great. Although this thread is for an unrelated issue - not frame rate or poor reported latency, but terrible lag despite normal reported home/world latency. eg: usually around 39ms latency here, but experienced lag more like several thousand ms :frowning:

Soon be 3 years of inactivity to fix this,amazing! will keep checking.

Oh i have that too not even going to talk or ask why I lost 20 FPS in all zones when I use to run at 80 90. You know small Indie company.

Just to update this thread since a blue most likely never will they’ve pretty much admitted it’s due to the amount of transactions the server has to deal with when there are a bunch of procs and random effects. Essentially every trinket, every cloak, every corruption, every skill, every poison, every Azerite armour effect, every RNG hapablap on every character in that zone has to be relayed to the server and then to everyone affected by those things. There really isn’t a way to solve it other than hope that in Shadowlands they learned some lessons and don’t make everything you wear and do have procs but I’m not holding my breath.

Preach did a video on the lag and he was later confirmed by Blizz that he was correct, I think it was during an interview with Ion.

4 Likes

There is a Blue post much earlier in this thread that suggested that layering was part of the issue (from memory).

Lots of people from different unconnected servers in the same place.

That would seem logical especially when compounded by the points in the post above.

The dumbest thing though is Vale lags every 2nd week when the world boss is active, but Uldum never does?

Mkay, understand there could be high traffic this early into SL, but back in Maldraxxus at the moment… still seem to be seeing this. Dear gawd please tell me you guys actually spent some time fixing this for Shadowlands?! O.O

the game is unplayable like this…

Yep, it’s back again. But it never really went away did it Blizzard? People just stopped playing and performance miraculously improved.

Maldraxxus was fine for me but Ardenweald is two-seconds-after-your-keypress-bad.

And no I don’t want to switch to War Mode to fix it.

Everything else is fine.

And as usual, this is a you problem, not a player problem.

4 Likes

totally agree @widget