Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Been on about 6 hours today with zero issues. usually Wednesday night is a cesspool of dc’s for me. Good signs.

I played last night after reset, not been on for anything substantial for some time.

Figured I would do a quick catch up. The issue still remains as far as I can see.

1 simple example.

Doing the Proudmoore WQ’s…landed at flight master in the zone, forgot I had a rep contract on. Opened up my guild bank to grab one…then the usual 2-5 second delay just like it has been since the start of this new expac.

The odd thing is I hardly came across another player

Boralus Harbour
My mage
Aman’thul
Solo
WM off
Not grouped at any time.
Loot lag, ability lag, mail lag up to five seconds, mount lag,
ms 12/12.

I can keep reporting these as long as is necessary.

Issue remains, has not been fixed

2 Likes

Same to me

Another day same server lag GOD DAMN this is beyond a joke at this point we’d better be getting compensation for putting up with this for months now…

In short fix coming when???

1 Like

Hey again folks,

The feedback has been forwarded back to development. Thanks for getting that confirmation for us. I’m glad some of you are seeing some improvement.

We still don’t consider the issue resolved, and we’re making incremental improvements as time goes on. There’s a long term fix in the works but it’s pretty major and will take some time to get together. Once we get an ETA on that or hear that it’s gone in, one of us will let you know.

As always, you’re welcome to continue reporting the issues on this thread. We’re still watching.

As always, you’re welcome to continue reporting the issues on this thread. We’re still watching

Drakuloth: I am watching too…as people leave.

sigh

1 Like

Not fixed for 8.1?

What a surprise.

When I check back on the thread to see if it’s fixed, I can’t help but understand why people are saying the world is moving past Blizzard, because Blizzard isn’t keeping up with expectations.

At the end of the day, Blizzard brought it upon themselves. People don’t like the expansion, they can’t get the technology behind the expansion working right, it’s no wonder people meme the hell out of this game these days.

4 Likes

Server - Nagrand
Home 27ms
World 28ms

Lag occurs anywhere with no specifics, happens peak time and off peak time.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                                 unknown -    0 |  939 |  939 |    0 |    0 |    6 |    0 |
|       125-239-12-1.jetstream.xtra.co.nz -    1 |  930 |  928 |    2 |    6 | 2351 |    2 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |  188 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|      ae8-10.akbr6.global-gateway.net.nz -    0 |  939 |  939 |    3 |    3 |   28 |    3 |
|      ae2-6.tkbr12.global-gateway.net.nz -    0 |  939 |  939 |    3 |    3 |   22 |    4 |
|     xe7-0-3.sebr3.global-gateway.net.nz -    0 |  939 |  939 |   26 |   26 |   41 |   26 |
|                           122.56.119.86 -    0 |  939 |  939 |   26 |   26 |   57 |   26 |
|                   57976.syd.equinix.com -    0 |  939 |  939 |   27 |   27 |   57 |   27 |
|                           137.221.85.35 -    1 |  935 |  934 |   26 |   30 |  132 |   90 |
|         et-0-0-0-pe02-eqsy4.as57976.net -    0 |  939 |  939 |   26 |   28 |  111 |   26 |
|                           103.4.115.248 -    0 |  939 |  939 |   26 |   27 |   42 |   27 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

No improvement has been seen so far. :frowning:

1 Like

Haven’t done any world content in a month or more, but was excited to see this issue still exists 4 months into xpac. Trying to do the new quest line in Drustvar and Tiragarde is painful.

Zones: Drustvar / tiragard
Toon: Stockard - Khazgoroth
Time: ~7:30PM AEST
Ping : 14ms/12ms

2 Likes

Same issues for 2 months now. told myself it was time to upgrade my Hardware, but I’ll jump on any excuse to upgrade my system. Now that I have double my Ram put a new M2 Drive In I’m still encountering the same issues I had before, mainly ability lag. Tonight don’t know if it’s related or not whenever I take a flight path after I land I’m stuck on the mount for 2 to 3 minutes. After going through the earlier Post in this thread and the last several posts I’m surprised to see the still hasn’t been addressed for as long as this issues been around.

Unfortunately I’m not going to wait any longer. It’s time to consider my money wasted.

Blizzard: you could put out all the new content in the world but it means nothing if we can’t play it without lagging to death. Such a shame to see how far you’ve fallen. There was a time when I really loved this game.

7 Likes

“We still don’t consider the issue resolved,” Yeah I wouldn’t either when it’s clearly not but thanks for saying that I guess?

6 Likes

It’s so disappointing that this has been going on for so long. We can’t even enjoy the new content.

2 Likes

Now that the patch has had a few days to settle I think I can safely say it’s gotten unequivocally worse since patch launch. First day influx of activity + invasions (because of mass group shenanigans) get a pass, but I’m seeing consistent input lag even outside of invasion periods.

Pre-patch I definitely saw a difference. Now it’s back to same old same old.

This is definitely worse since the patch.

Also, I was getting massive lag in a warfront. It was a US shard, but accounting for that, the lag was closer to 4-5000ms. I was getting error messages like “You are mounted” when trying to attack things. When I tried to mount, it wouldn’t show the mount at all, I would simply run faster (which is cool, but not intended).

I’ve never experienced issues in instances before. I was on my monk for this.

1 Like

There’s new content, holidays are starting and more people are playing. As a result the lag is back in a big way. :frowning:

This furthers my hypothesis that the on demand servers aren’t coming up fast enough or just aren’t there or being paid for.

I decided to do some Archaeology as that shouldn’t be effected but it’s really quite irritating, it was really bad so I decided to capture it. Of course it was worse before I recorded it but that’s always they way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XOWVir9Krs

I pressed my stealth binding when the wolves arrived, it didn’t register in time. You can see the delay in the abilities being registered on my DoT tracker. When I use Wild Charge you can see the delay in it registering, then there’s the lag indicator on the cast bar and the delay in the loot box coming up, then the delay while the loot is removed from the loot box.

All in all it’s a terrible experience.

Edit. I just remembered that this makes fishing near impossible if the bite happens late, even if it doesn’t sometimes you don’t get the fish.

Edit 2. The video was recorded in Tiragarde Sound, now I’m in Nazmir the lag is, mostly, gone. Fishing works, combat is fine but occasionally there’s a hiccup. This is 16:40 AEDT, the video was recorded at 15:30 AEDT.

1 Like

Currently unable to finish a Make Loh Go world quest because I keep lagging in a forward motion, which eventually makes the little turtle dude run in to a wall… Have given it several goes and can’t even get half way. Disappointing!

3 Likes

Currently unable to finish a Make Loh Go world quest because I keep lagging in a forward motion, which eventually makes the little turtle dude run in to a wall… Have given it several goes and can’t even get half way. Disappointing!

This lol. What an utter embarassment that a company like Blizzard can’t fix this issue after so many months. My turtle is actually doing 270 degree turns on my screens. On one hand it’s hilarious, on the other its a sad example of the decline of a once great gaming company. To any CM’s I REALLY hope you are feeding this direct feedback, quotes and all, to the powers that be so they can see what an utter shambles their sharding technology has become.

2 Likes