Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

It’s very true, I noticed last night at all of the Tortollan world quests when they were up offering a ring or trinket.

It has been guessed at for some time that it has to do with sharding, and in that particular instances it would prove that that was the case.

I’m not really getting loot lag too much, slightly but not the 3 minute + stuff from start of expansion . I do still get really inconsistent latency issues, probably about 60% of the time during world content, it just feels like moving through molasses.

Haven’t had too much of the glitches involved over the past few days, but I have had limited playtime doing world content.

Same to me

Anyone else giving up hope that this will ever be resolved, especially given the current state of things for Activision/Blizzard? They just ‘let go’ of 8% of their employees. While that doesn’t sound like a lot, that’s still 800 people, who I can guarantee with almost 100% certainty weren’t affiliated with the finance department.

1 Like

They also weren’t affiliated with development and technical resolutions either as far as I’m aware.

I don’t think it really changes much on this front, but we haven’t really had much hope anyway. It’s been happening for what? 6 months now?

1 Like

I don’t see what this has to do with the topic at hand. And it was clearly stated the personnel involved were not in any technical or development areas, but in departments like marketing, social media, customer service, etc. Please don’t hijak this topic.

Not hijacking anything, I’ve been in this thread since it started, but I concede your point. I guess what I was trying to get across is that as more time passes it just seems less and less likely that we’ll see a solution. While I do sincerely hope that I’m wrong and we’ll be pleasantly surprised, I’m not exactly holding my breath.

2 Likes

All good buddy, you like the rest of us are all passionate about it and sometime we speak from a place of emotion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got to hit them profit targets at any cost aye Blizzard(and the record year just proves this), no wonder why BfA is in such a failed state. A$$tivision Bli$$ard, what a disgrace of a company. /spit

People this will never be fixed, it’s very apparent that Blizzard are skimping on servers for BfA with all the sharding and crz going on.

Time to move on, this isn’t the Blizzard anymore who had passion and cared about their customers. Unsub(mine ends in a few days) and move on as it have.( I would come back to this game if they removed sharding and stop forcing crz on people. I want server communities back but this will never happen)

2 Likes

Check out Blue post, number 1392 back in September.

Last night (Friday) 10.00pm server time, doing the Tiragarde invasion.

Server Cael/Nagrand

Latency normal for me 60/60.

Lag made the game truly awful. Not “unplayable” but “why bother” playable.

Given the length of time and lack of feedback in recent times it is hard not to conclude that Blizzard is treating us all with total contempt.

It really is one of those situations that leaves you shaking your head in disbelief.

2 Likes

Not going to bother with detail because I’m not even confident anyone looks at this anymore but this issue is still happening.

Every day at busy times. Every Day!

3 Likes

After all those staff cuts I’d be surprised if we ever get a Blue response again.

It’s probably gone Highlander over at Blizzard HQ in the support dept.

“There can be only one.”

2 Likes

Lol possibly.
I remember a couple of days after the incident there was massive blue interaction. Lasted a day and then we had another 4 days radio silence.

2 Likes

Where is the blog post/dev watercooler mentioned? It’s already almost a month. I guess with the recent lay off this has been swept under the carpet?

2 Likes

I can’t see it happening anymore. Sadly I’ve learned to become skeptical of anything they say they’re going to do. I get it though; a lot has happened to the company since then. One thing that still remains the same is poor communication.

1 Like

If only Activision Blizzard could just fire the problem away. :thinking:

2 Likes

Server: Cael/Nagrand.
Zone: Tiragarde Sound
Time: 11.00am!
Latency: 63/63 which is normal.

Lag? Of course, it is such a busy time isn’t it?

I think it might be all the Herbing bots running around from every server in Oceanic, except the one I am “supposed” to be on.

1 Like

So we are basically back to square one after the people responsible to fix/communicate about this issue has been laid off? Brilliant

3 Likes

yeah nah.

Great way to piss off people after saying progress has been made and you’ve moved beyond needing those.

2 Likes

posting winmtrs isn’t going to help anything. People have been posting them for 6 months now. The issue is still, and has always been server side and a result of the completely broken sharding system. Implementing the warmode system put too much strain on an already unstable system, and I’m pretty sure the ones who put it in the game are quite well aware of that fact. Frankly the cost it would take to fix the issue at this stage is not part of their cost-cutting policy, so it’s unlikely there will ever be a satisfactory solution.

1 Like