Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

He discusses pvp

The server lag is in every area and affects PVE just as badly if not more so…doing an incursion in an exercise is utter frustration.

Drakuloth: Why did this start to happen now when it did NOT happen in Legion. Or MOP. Or WOD. I asked this before.

Is war mode the reason for the server lag.

3 Likes

Appreciate getting a bit of feedback. People seem to be experiencing issues on both non-warmode shards as well as warmode shards. I can’t attest to the prior as I haven’t turned warmode off (yet).
It truly does become unplayable though which I think is the main issue. People are literally being unable to play the game at times and that’s what really impacts the players.

I used to just avoid Tiragarde and I was fine, but now it’s any zone, and not just lag but as per my previous posts, interaction issues. It’s hard to escape at times.
I can pretty much categorically state that every time I play the game for at least an hour I will run into the issues, without fail.

I’m turning off warmode (for multiple reasons) but I’m hoping it may at least slightly alleviate the issues :crossed_fingers:

I wouldn’t. =( It used to be that turning warmode on would help you escape. I spent the first three months at least having not touched warmode at all and definitely suffered. I’ve had trouble with both warmode on and off and it seems just as ‘regular’ - well, as regular as any intermittent problem can be.

:frowning: Damn. That’s unfortunate then.
World of Bugcraft. lol

1 Like

Boralus
This toon
Ongoing
Incursion in progress
12/12
Solo not grouped
WM off

Fifteen seconds to vendor items, loot lag five seconds, spell delay five seconds, mount lag min of 4 seconds, chat delay two seconds…like playing whilst swimming in thick mud.

1 Like

That’s been my experience since last maintenance/patch, lots of random lag spikes though latency shows fine. Or the occasional lag freeze where nothing but chat works, then 5 minutes later you finally get disco’d. This is ridiculous Bliz, get on it already.

Lagged so bad earlier today I rolled off of the Tiragarde invasion boat. Thankfully, I’m bouncy. But it’s getting really old. =/

1 Like

Still an ongoing issue??

1 Like

Yes, still an ongoing issue.

Warmode off, scrapper in zandalar, haavvi @ barthilas.
15s+ lag vendoring items.

Occassional minute lag in tiragarde. Plus one disconnect (could be own issue) outaide tol dagor dungeon.

1 Like

Months ago it was acknowledged by a blue post that the most likely cause was the sharding system.

I never use WM and it affects me every day at busy times.

They were “working on it” back then.

3 Likes

All the developer interviews, state of the game etc doesn’t matter anymore as long as the fundamental of an MMORPG does not work, which is server lag issue. The issue only happens in BfA, when warmode and sharding tech was introduced, and it broke the game. I’m unsubbed and at this rate I don’t foresee myself coming back even with new expac, this game is labelled unplayable for me. Lots of my guildies and my raid team has fallen apart as well and most people left for other games already. This is sad…

4 Likes

Hello Blizzard, still happening!

Not going to waste time giving details. You have had enough of those over the last 5 1/2 months!

2 Likes

I’ve been having lag and connection issues since the first day of 8.1. I’ve done everything I can on my end. I start lagging and spells stop working, people run in place for about 20 seconds; then I disconnect. Happens much worse in BFA zones, but still happens mostly everywhere.

1 Like

Nearly 6 months broken??? great job blizzard,glad I unsubbed a few months ago

3 Likes

Every day is pants on head day at Blizzard HQ.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll go through the motions.

Server: Cael/Nagrand.
zone: Tiragarde Sound
Time: 6.00pm server time.
Latency 60 ms (normal for me).
Lag very bad (as usual).
As a side note, my wife logged on to do a few quests (she plays infrequently) and she just gave up after 10 minutes trying.

Still “working on it” Blizz?

3 Likes

Having the same issue recently, but I am NA. I am on the server Draka. It started during mythic vectis in uldir. Now it happens all the time, even now as I sit in front of the Orgrimmar AH I am getting world lag, 86home ping 284world.

Home latency stays about 87-100, world latency spikes from 100-400 or higher. This happens at all times, while questing on my alt, world questing on my main, specially during raid groups, was lagging like crazy and costed me deaths tonight during raid night, the delays keeps costing procs while trying to cast, it takes 1-5 seconds for everything to catch up.

I am hardwired, followed all the trouble shooting steps listed, have all my stuff updated, and been lurking the forums for a few days. All out out of options and troubleshooting steps, don’t know what else to do but deal with it.

Different issue - with this issue, latency stays normal and doesn’t fluctuate.

Additionally, NA has their own thread for this issue.

You’ll have to look elsewhere or start your own thread for answers. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Is this issue still occurring for Oceanic players? If the loot lag issue is still affecting players, I’d rather save my money and stay away.

2 Likes

Yes it still is. I frequently experience loot lag, cast lag and server lag when my latency stays constant, but the game just does not run the way it’s meant to.

1 Like