Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Same issues here. Latency (both home and world) sits around 40-50 but getting delays of anywhere from a couple up to 10 second lag on actions in game on average, sometimes way more.

If there is an OSX equivalent to WInMTR willing to give it a whirl to provide info

Today. Server time 16.30. Zone Talador. Latency showing as perfectly normal.

In game lag is so bad could not accept quests, when flying, mount does not show so character looks like he is running through the air and could not even do the fishing daily because the bobber is untargetable.

I try and escape the BFA lagfest, again happening since launch, and Talador, yes Talador, that well known over populated zone, is unplayable.

Really don’t know what else to say.

1 Like

For around 10 years (post BC) ive played an incredibly stable game. I resubbed to bfa just over a month ago and its all gone bananas. Not only am i facing near constant (every 15 minutes) disconnects. Now im getting weird class bugs. Fix your game for heavens sake. My poor rogue is once again facing a world without cps. Apparently im mounted now. The last time (a week or so ago), i was in permanent combat. This is too much.

In pure frustration i spirit ressed and apparently im still dead. This cant be my side. It’s your side. You broke the code somewhere and you need to admit it. all addons have been disabled. Ive rebooted the game. The cost cutting needs to stop. You’re selling us crap.

4 Likes

Happy New Years!

May this issue actually be fixed in 2019.

1 Like

I tried again today. DCs are happening every 5-10 minutes. Its completely unplayable. Honestly, i give up. Ive done all the steps, nothing is working. So that’s it wow, im done.

1 Like

5 Months and a multi-billion dollar Company still can’t fix the lag issue that didn’t affect anyone before BFA.

Get your sh!t together Blizzard. You are becoming a laughing stock amongst Gamers.

2 Likes

Logged back in for the first time in a couple months… I actually laughed out loud.

I can’t believe this issue is still here. Go go Activision Immortal!

2 Likes

Nice to see this is still on-going.
Went to do WQs again for the first time in peak hours since i last commented and it’s still happening tonight during the Vol’dun Assault.
That’s me stopping that once again and never touching a WQ unless it’s outside of standard hours.

1 Like

When will it ever end, this perpetual annoying lag?

It’s like we have returned to the days of Wrath, when being in Dalaran was impossible. Now in Boralus to do anything like check mail, use professions or go to Stormwind and use the AH - feels like I could go make a coffee while waiting for an action to finalise.

Good to see Blizzard is on top of the situation. Just look at the date on the sidebar that this topic was created. And during peak times, it doesn’t seem that much has been achieved.

For me its worst in Kul Tiras than in Zandalar. And the loot/ability is not constant. I can go 1-2 seconds without it, and then it comes back… it’s intermittent.

So the Wrath xpac zones are stuffed on OC-Nagrand. I cant even engage quest random quest givers and I frequently seem to desync. I get attacked as a ghost and i can mount up as a ghost. What is going on?

Trying to engage a quest giver standing right next to her. You are too far away to interact message. My latency is 23ms

1 Like

Getting this again now at 15:10 server time in pandaria. It seems intermittent as I get a few good hours then I get a bad run. I cant activate abilities and quest hand ins are lagging awfully. When I fly on my mount, the mount doesnt render so it looks like I am running through the air. I have attached the 10 min ping below. This is stopping my levelling of a monk for the new raid so it is pretty sad :frowning:

My ping to the server is 23ms according to the client.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
192.168.1.1 - 0 601 601 0 0 2 0
180.150.12.1 - 0 601 601 9 12 18 13
202.142.143.171 - 0 601 601 21 22 29 23
202.142.143.252 - 0 601 601 21 22 28 24
No response from host - 100 120 0 0 0 0 0
137.221.85.33 - 0 601 601 21 28 158 24
137.221.85.67 - 0 601 601 22 27 131 26
137.221.66.145 - 0 601 601 23 25 34 26
103.4.115.248 - 0 601 601 20 25 31 27
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

1 Like

It’s not your internet its blizzards servers as usual.

The way most things are impacted it almost seems like some kind of messagebus issue. Our client transactions aren’t making it to the server in a timely manner.

And again, this time in Tiraguarde Sound, this was a battle in slow motion, press an ability, wait, fire, press, wait, ability, fire, enemy OF COURSE isnt affected by this and Im watching my health go down…

sigh

It’s now 2019 and we still know nothing about how this issue is being handled. Or not handled… as it would appear.

Can you please provide an update Blizzard?

I experienced a bit of latency despite normal MS before, but last night with seemingly no big events happening, across multiple zones, I was experiencing really weird delays in what part of the game was updating. I was killing mobs for Azerite WQs, but the progress wasn’t updating on my screen. I would use Victory Rush, but it would still be lit up as if I could still use it despite not having killed any new mobs. Same with other procs and cooldowns not showing up as used despite my character going through the animation. Then when I “died” to an enemy player I appeared on my own screen to be at 10% health, frozen in place still using abilities. I had to completely log out to fix that one.

Hey all,

We pinged people to see if we can get an update. Sorry for the delay thus far. Things have been super crazy over the holidays. We appreciate you hanging tight on this one.

wow… just… wow

2 Likes

Just wondering Drakuloth, do they at least provide you with the copy paste PR response to reply to this thread with or do you have to think it up all by yourself while they hang you out to dry?

4 Likes