Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

So has this one officially been swept under the rug to be forgotten forever now?
1 Like
Seems that way. 2 days shy of three months since launch, and the lag is still a crippling issue. Honestly the lack of communication, and the blatant disregard for the oceanic PAYING customers is beyond unacceptable. Blizzard is a large enough company, with a large enough staff, that they could dedicate a team to resolving this issue effecting an ENTIRE region. But instead, they move their developers to mobile games that cause their stock to drop over 20%. Genius.
1 Like
11/11/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Ein
Seems that way. 2 days shy of three months since launch, and the lag is still a crippling issue. Honestly the lack of communication, and the blatant disregard for the oceanic PAYING customers is beyond unacceptable. Blizzard is a large enough company, with a large enough staff, that they could dedicate a team to resolving this issue effecting an ENTIRE region. But instead, they move their developers to mobile games that cause their stock to drop over 20%. Genius.

My gametime runs out in 43 hours and I'm sitting here wondering if it's even worth resubbing.

I love this game, I know Azeroth better than my home town, I know more WoW lore and such than I do about almost anything else. I have all the Chronicle books, several novels, and i'm sorry to say, I do not feel like a valued customer anymore with the way this has been going on and on. I want to level alts, but you get them out into Drustvar or Tiragrade Sound and it's fine for a couple of minutes once you start questing, but it doesn't take long for that lag to arrive and totally kill the experience.

It's 100x worse on a Caster than on a Melee, and Most of my toons Are casters.
Can you please post an update Blizzard? Can we get some sort of timeframe estimate?
1 Like
11/09/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Ludan
I check back months later. Nope. Blizz have done nothing about this issue. And this sharding tech will be in Classic too. Well... That's the nail in the coffin then.

Same, it's just a joke. To think we endured years of lag using the US servers but I never remembered it being this bad for so long.

We can only hope enough people unsub that they start to pay attention to it
1 Like
11/12/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Ailie
11/09/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Ludan
I check back months later. Nope. Blizz have done nothing about this issue. And this sharding tech will be in Classic too. Well... That's the nail in the coffin then.

Same, it's just a joke. To think we endured years of lag using the US servers but I never remembered it being this bad for so long.

We can only hope enough people unsub that they start to pay attention to it

The thing with the lag when we had american servers was that it was consistent and we could use services like Battleping or reducethelag.

Now, it's fooked.
1 Like
9.00am server time. Zone Drustvar. Latency showing as normal. As usual, game is almost unplayable because of lag.

Paying good money for this service to be continually ignored a.k.a. treated with contempt.
1 Like
Hey all,

No updates on getting the fix implemented for this yet but it is absolutely still on our radar and it's a priority. Y'all aren't forgotten here. We're going to keep working on this.
11/12/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Y'all aren't forgotten here.

Though given the situation I'm sure you'll understand why we certainly do feel forgotten.
Hey all,

No updates on getting the fix implemented for this yet but it is absolutely still on our radar and it's a priority. Y'all aren't forgotten here. We're going to keep working on this.

It's not a priority. This has been going on for months, and it's not just Oceanic realms affected. It's nearly everyone from Oceanic, regardless of whether you are on the Oceanic or US servers. Pings have been up since BFA launch, mine has increased from 150-170 to 200+, and the delay randomly just comes and goes, usually depending on which zone you are in. I was in BFA Alpha and Beta, and well it wasn't a problem then, it's just limited to the live servers.

I'm in Sydney, playing on US realms (Uther specifically, always have), ISP is Telstra.

I'm not going to argue the sharding isn't one of the causes, because it clearly is, but it's also clear from many repeated Trace/MTR that at least in my case, there is delay going on with Telstra Global, and other international links and traffic routing for a LOT of us is also a problem. However when using the Blizzard tools for this, it doesn't come up, because the return path from Blizz to Aus is clearly not the same.

Just fix it already, we're tired of hearing that it's being looked into it. It's been going on since launch, and it's at the point where it's so downright detrimental to gameplay, that we should be being offered compensation. It's not fun paying for this. It's really not.
Hey all,

Drakuloth

Drustvar again,m latency 11/12, wm off, solo, usual cast latency and loot lag.

I also want to know if this this thread is going to be wiped when the new forums get started, because this IS not going away and this thread should not be deleted.

It affects every single OCE realm.

With all due respect, we are now headed for DECEMBER , we still have no timeframe as to how much longer this is going to hamper our gameplay??? I appreciate all your are doing but it does beg the question: is this what we have to look forward to for the rest of this expac?
Hit stealth,8 seconds later...
skin kill,6 seconds...
open leatherwork? frozen screen 5-10 seconds 100 times a day it adds up to time played to blizzard.
3 months nearly of this.
Y'all aren't forgotten here.

I'm sorry but... This definitely doesn't feel the case. Having to roll the dice as to whether I can stand questing or open world content for three months is definitely feeling pretty firmly in "They're Oceanic, what are they gonna do? We'll get to it when we have spare time." territory.

I appreciate that it's not your average tech issue but three months is three months. I can't help but feel that this wouldn't be the case if it was happening to even one of the high pop US realms regularly.
Hey all,

Can we please get an update on what you guys are doing to try to fix/find the issue?

Sorry but your response is just generic. This issue should be top priority especially when your customers pay for monthly subscriptions.

We just feel like we are left in the dark and because we are OCE it's not a 'priority', if it was an Americas issue, I feel this would be fixed pretty quickly.

I'm not on your end so it's just speculation but please give us some more information.

Thanks! :)
Seriously is this ever getting fixed? Drustvar is unplayable today, this is ridiculous!
Be wise and just unsub if you can't play the game properly. I did
Hey all,

Drustvar on Cael/nagrand right now is *SO* Bad it takes 3-4 seconds to mount up, click summon portals, the flightwhistle doesn't work. You get a GM on cael *RIGHT NOW* and look at this. It's utterly !@#$ed.

God forbid anyone actually try to accomplish anything in this zone right now.
11/12/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Aehl
I also want to know if this this thread is going to be wiped when the new forums get started, because this IS not going away and this thread should not be deleted.

We can't port entire threads over to the new system, but we will designate a new thread on the new forums post-move. You'll be able to identify it pretty quickly I'm sure but we'll have a descriptive title and point people to it once the new forums are up.

I get that this has been a major cause of frustration for months. Even our developers/we want this handled faster than it is being handled. The magnitude of the work needed is going to require a major patch to implement. I don't have an exact version number/date yet but if we get that info that will show up here once we have it. As many of you have assumed, this problem is with individual shards/the sharding system itself, as well as the way people are swapping to and from groups during high volume play times.

We're not just trying to keep you in the dark here. The progress has been slow. Everybody involved wants this moving faster. If I get more info on timetables/what's being done I'll let you know, but until then you all know as much as we do.
11/12/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Drakuloth
11/12/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Aehl

We can't port entire threads over to the new system, but we will designate a new thread on the new forums post-move. You'll be able to identify it pretty quickly I'm sure but we'll have a descriptive title and point people to it once the new forums are up.

I get that this has been a major cause of frustration for months. Even our developers/we want this handled faster than it is being handled. The magnitude of the work needed is going to require a major patch to implement. I don't have an exact version number/date yet but if we get that info that will show up here once we have it. As many of you have assumed, this problem is with individual shards/the sharding system itself, as well as the way people are swapping to and from groups during high volume play times.

We're not just trying to keep you in the dark here. The progress has been slow. Everybody involved wants this moving faster. If I get more info on timetables/what's being done I'll let you know, but until then you all know as much as we do.

Thanks for the update. This issue is destroying the quality of life on the oceanic realms. People have stopped playing or stopped going to certain zones because of the latency.

So we dont lose continuity. Could not not ask for better :)

Many thanks.

Question: does war mode tie into this? Just curious.