Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Well I’m done with it. After 14 years they finally got me. This and the fact my main is a Shadow Priest are the final straws in an overall poor expansion.
11/06/2018 02:14 AMPosted by Varen
Well I’m done with it. After 14 years they finally got me. This and the fact my main is a Shadow Priest are the final straws in an overall poor expansion.

I'm currently trying to quest on my Warlock in Drustvar - it's horrific, you couldn't play legion-style SPriest with this kinda latency.

@Blizzard - FIX IT!

And before anyone pulls the "We pay for a service" argument; do you complain to your internet provider when an outage happens and demand a refund on your entire bill?.

if my ISP went down for hours every night for 3 months, you're god damn right I'd be demanding a refund on my entire bill. What kind of dumb argument is that?
Major pvp instance lag still for me still...it's been so long now and no solution in sight?
11/06/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Anedis
Major pvp instance lag still for me still...it's been so long now and no solution in sight?

Nope, the problem goes on without any communication from the technical support.
small indie company btw.

You guys are an embarassment.
This is unplayable. People in bg's joked to me that it was because I was from Frostmourne. I hop on each night to try and have some fun in BG's and it's ruined because I jump to over 4000ms sometimes...I'm very nearly considering compiling all of this and sending it through demanding a refund for the periods of play in which I lag...
11/05/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Aehl
They have, Nazh: it just isnt an easy fix.

I am as frustrated as anyone, but Drak's comments previously have outlined the problem, and he is right, it isnt a question of push a few buttons and there we are..far from it.

They havent said it but I can guess how this came about, and it boils down to two words.

War mode. The sharding is borked and my money says that this is the proximate cause.
Willing to bet money this is the case as it's not an isolated issue to Oceanic servers, though it's worse there, and Oceanic servers are facing their own latency problems that make queuing into a dungeon that ends up on OCE completely awful.

But yeah, non OCE servers are still having issues with it daily in Kul Tiras and randomly pops up for a day or so on a random Zandalar zone such as today in Vol'dun, which makes it seem as if something is screwey is going on. It has to be a sharding issue as flipping to War Mode has sometimes fixed the problem and the system starts to bork itself pretty quickly again if you hop between shards/servers for world quests.

Basically, I've noticed improvement if War Mode is enabled provided I don't hop servers. Non War Mode is a non stop nightmare since day 1 that goes as far as locking down one of the Kul Tiras zones randomly each day with a seeming spin of the wheel.
I think it's time to start looking into legal action. That or get this story out and make this issue and thread viral...
1 Like
I have unsubscribed. I am tired of being patient. I might come back when they fix it, but this whole thing has made me feel like it's just not worth coming back. I will be following this thread.
11/07/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Abev
I have unsubscribed. I am tired of being patient. I might come back when they fix it, but this whole thing has made me feel like it's just not worth coming back. I will be following this thread.

Can’t help but feel the same. I’m giving it one last week before I unsubscribe.
11/07/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Nazh
11/07/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Abev

Can’t help but feel the same. I’m giving it one last week before I unsubscribe.

You think Blizzard cares about Oceanic players? Good bye.
My sub ended a couple of weeks ago. I've been keeping an eye on this thread hoping for a fix but it feels hopeless. It would be nice to know if there's any changes in 8.1 that address this issue.

In any case if 8.1 comes and goes and this problem still isn't addressed then I'll probably just pass on the expansion having wasted my money :( I can't help but wonder how many subs have been lost to this issue so far.
Expecting an infamous meme company to give a !@#$ about your paid experience.

LULW
And so it continues and continues.

Just unbelievable.
I check back months later. Nope. Blizz have done nothing about this issue. And this sharding tech will be in Classic too. Well... That's the nail in the coffin then.
I encounter this on every OCE realm, as i have alts for mount farming, its really bad on FROSTMOURNE with the Warlords Garrsion being 150-250ms compared to the normal 38-42 on Barth.

But as poster said since bfa launch there has been major access lag the servers are useless, its been better since Cross realm stopped players from STAYING long term on servers, and interactions around players from Brazil/America/etc do cause this to a larger extent when NEAR THEM.
11/09/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Ludan
I check back months later. Nope. Blizz have done nothing about this issue. And this sharding tech will be in Classic too. Well... That's the nail in the coffin then.

Sharding will not be in classic except for the starting zones on launch. They addressed this at blizzcon.
I'm so glad Blizzard have addressed and communicated to the Oceanic playerbase about this issue in multiple Q&A's and at Blizzcon. It's really inspiring to see how they ditched their pride and ignorance to listen to their audience.

The fact that this has been a serious issue to them and that they need to respond as fast as possible makes me feel like I'm heard and part of a community of players and developers that are really trying to not only create, but maintain an amazing gaming experience.

They have clarified to us what the issues are and what solutions they are attempting to make our experience as good as it can be until they find a permanent fix.

Me and my Oceanic brethren feel truly heard and respected as Oceanic players and Blizzard customers.

Oh.

Wait.

Nvm.

I was dreaming.

$$$$$$$$
GET A MOBILE PHONE, BRO.
$$$$$$$$
1 Like
11/10/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Tsatske
I'm so glad Blizzard have addressed and communicated to the Oceanic playerbase about this issue in multiple Q&A's and at Blizzcon. It's really inspiring to see how they ditched their pride and ignorance to listen to their audience.

The fact that this has been a serious issue to them and that they need to respond as fast as possible makes me feel like I'm heard and part of a community of players and developers that are really trying to not only create, but maintain an amazing gaming experience.

They have clarified to us what the issues are and what solutions they are attempting to make our experience as good as it can be until they find a permanent fix.

Me and my Oceanic brethren feel truly heard and respected as Oceanic players and Blizzard customers.

Oh.

Wait.

Nvm.

I was dreaming.

$$$$$$$$
GET A MOBILE PHONE, BRO.
$$$$$$$$

Amen, No king rules forever. Shame on their disgusting attitude towards their players. I’ve submitted a ticket for a reimbursement of my 6 months. Done with this greedy small indie gaming company.
1 Like