Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

*oceanic customers are worth that little to them.

Can you honestly expect that if this was happening on NA or EU servers that it wouldn't be fixed within two days at most.
10/28/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Xugar
I'm from the east coast of Canada. My normal latency is about 55ms for both world and home. Whenever I am grouped with someone from an Oceanic realm (like right now in a warfront) my world latency jumps to about 260ms while my home latency stays around 55ms.

This problem happens in battlegrounds, warfronts, dungeons and raids.

I'd also like to add that after grouping with oceanic players my world latency stays at >250ms until I relog. It's like playing with oceanic players gives me latency cooties and the only cure is to nuke the client and relog.
Not the same thing as we're discussing, those latency numbers are to be expected really. You're sending data to/from Sydney from where you are, light can only travel so fast. Your Home latency stays low as your home server is near you, that's what your chat channels are using.

10/29/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Rixven
*oceanic customers are worth that little to them.

Can you honestly expect that if this was happening on NA or EU servers that it wouldn't be fixed within two days at most.
It is happening for NA players, just to nowhere near the same extent as Oceanic players are putting up with it.

20181029 22:40ish in Tiragarde Sound, Warmode off, solo doing WQ, Archy and fishing.
Reported latency: 45/46ms, which is about right for my ADSL connection.
Perceived latency: 1-5 seconds depending on what I was doing. Looting was higher, fishing was awkward and combo points were lagging.
Doing Archy that light which comes on over your head, when you're in the right area, well by the time it came on I'd walked past the correct area and had to turn around.

This has gone past embarrassing for Blizzard now, you're into incompetent territory now.
It's eleven weeks since this expansion launched, I'm expecting some sort of additional content tomorrow as that was the schedule of Legion. It's still hard to enjoy playing with the random lag, it has improved since I let my subscription lapse but since I came back it's been inconsistent.

This time last week Drustvar was a disaster area, the sub-zone of Corlain's Crossing was so laggy my FPS would drop to single digits, walk away towards the hill and as soon as I was in Corlain my FPS returned to 100. There was still lag though but something is very broken in that area. There was a WQ there but I can't remember its name, the one where you have to kill falconers and shoot targets with your falcon.
And.........so it continues. 2 1/2 months of it.

It makes that questionnaire they are sending out laughable doesn’t it when they can treat customers with such contempt?
I am having this same issue on US servers (Emerald Dream, Kael'Thas, and others). Massive lag on abilities and looting, yet it claims I have 30ms home and world, and 120 fps. Makes no sense to see those numbers have haves seconds of delay. I am also dealing with this while leveling a demon hunter and it is driving me up a wall with frustration. I can see we have 87 pages of posts over months of time with no resolution. Something is going on here.
So ......
Any word at all how close you are to getting a fix into the game?

2 day?
2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

Which of those four is more likely?

/Cheers in advance. Will help me decide to keep playing or not.
As an Oceanic player, certainly not feeling appreciated. There's been some absolute rubbish nights for lag recently and I can't help but feel if this was happening to the US player base it would have been solved already. What does it take to be recognised that we matter as well?
I'll add my two cents. The lag issue should have been resolved within a week or so of BFA launch. Here we are, 3mths later, and no sign of a resolution. Pretty disappointing.
10/29/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Ralanbék
So ......
Any word at all how close you are to getting a fix into the game?

2 day?
2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

Which of those four is more likely?

2 years, with the next expac will come more poorly
implemented systems to cause even more chaos.
Taken from a quiz at Blizzard for new Technical Support Agents

An issue on a server crops up that causes intense lag once a day for all users in the new expansion zones. Of the options below, choose which best resolves the situation. (Select all that apply)

A. Immediately jump on the issue and get your fellow co-workers involved in finding a solution. Get patch out within hours to one week to resolve the problem.
B. Take a half-day and go home without researching anything to do with the cause.
C. Mandate CM's to post on the forums stating that you are still working on the problem despite you and your fellow technical support agents watching Netflix instead.
D. If the problem is in the Oceanic region, do nothing. Only work towards a resolution if the US servers themselves are affected. Even then, work extremely slowly towards a solution. Have you seen the new shows on Netflix?
E. Do literally nothing.

Snarkiness aside, this has been going on since release. How is this still a problem? How has Blizzard not come to a resolution for this issue?

I know that myself and a few others that have posted here are technically minded due to our jobs being in this field as well. Can you give us a low down on what you think the cause could be (minus any proprietary information that could compromise your systems)?

If a resolution can't be figured out by your technical support agents, maybe the community can help narrow down the problem? Or maybe escalate this to upper management to figure out what's going on?

Come on now. I took a month break and came back expecting this to be resolved already. It's still not.
I quit during legion and came back with bfa, along with some friends who started fresh. We went to khaz oceanic because my old characters are there (we're playing from Asia). We get really bad lag in bg's/instances/crossrealm group quests during the day till late night (aussie time). It wasn't like this when we started playing in bfa, and back in legion. We also don't get this lag when we play on US east coast servers. It's so bad it seriously makes us wanna transfer all our toons to US realms. =/
Still nothing on this? It's still pretty bad, especially in BG's
10/31/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Anedis
Still nothing on this? It's still pretty bad, especially in BG's
I cant even cast any skill.
hehe, still not fixed! :)
The situation slightly improved but it's not fixed. It's impossible to level doing quests near boralus at the moment. Every ability cast has a significant delay, and some other odd things happens, for example the Demon hunter dash ability failing (but still consuming a stack) and the damage number from eye beam appearing all wierd and randomly, instead of the normal flow of numbers one after another
At 11.00am Australian Eastern Standard Time was doing the daily quests. Surrounded by players from every Oceanic server (both factions) and lagging badly.

Since launch it has been happening.

Coming up for three months.
Came on to play around 40 mins ago, in both Tirisgarde and other zones the lag is there, 1-3 seconds to gather or loot or cast, while the mobs and surrounding attackers are unimpeded.

So what, thats over 2 months now.

Do we see a fix for Christmas? That would be a nice gift. But I'm not counting on it.
Seems like Blizz has completely ignored this issue now. It has been almost 3 months since the launch, but there is no sign of any improvement. When was the last they gave us any feedback?
10/31/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Urizen
The situation slightly improved but it's not fixed. It's impossible to level doing quests near boralus at the moment. Every ability cast has a significant delay, and some other odd things happens, for example the Demon hunter dash ability failing (but still consuming a stack) and the damage number from eye beam appearing all wierd and randomly, instead of the normal flow of numbers one after another

Making an update since my sub ends today and I'm not renewing it instantly.

The post I quoted was made at 7pm my local time (3pm PST time). The situation was really bad I stopped playing. I went to sleep, woke up, today I played from 8am to 9am my local time (4am to 5am PST).

The same questing area that was horrible yesterday was playing smooth and perfect. The only thing that did change was the time I was playing in.

There's something going on there, maybe the servers aren't holding up when the population in-game increases in peak times.
11/01/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Urizen
10/31/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Urizen

Making an update since my sub ends today and I'm not renewing it instantly.

The post I quoted was made at 7pm my local time (3pm PST time). The situation was really bad I stopped playing. I went to sleep, woke up, today I played from 8am to 9am my local time (4am to 5am PST).

The same questing area that was horrible yesterday was playing smooth and perfect. The only thing that did change was the time I was playing in.

There's something going on there, maybe the servers aren't holding up when the population in-game increases in peak times.

It's because of the warmode off sharding..warmode on it's oft times rather good.

The thing is there are way way more people with it off.

That is my guess anyway.

Something maybe they didn't expect?
11/01/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Ralanbék
It's because of the warmode off sharding..warmode on it's oft times rather good.

The thing is there are way way more people with it off.

That is my guess anyway.

Something maybe they didn't expect?

Given that the sharding tech is supposed to distribute player numbers evenly it shouldn't really matter. Unless they're doing something unusual the servers should be dynamically coming on line as load goes up/down, if they're for Warmode or not shouldn't matter.
Not that I know details but this is what I'd expect to happen, that's the entire point of cloud computing, only pay for what you need at the time.
Which really makes it seem like they're not prepared to pay for what's required when the load is high.

But there's more to it than that.
Very rarely are the instance servers impacted.
Occasionally you'll find the lag in Island Expeditions, instance based but perhaps they don't have the same priority as dungeons and raids?
I don't do PvP but the recent posts indicate that it hasn't been very good, but I can't say from personal experience.

Whatever the case is I doubt they'll ever tell us what the problem is/was even though there are a few tech savvy people here who'd like to know, purely from the tech perspective. It's always interesting, to some of us, where problems crop up and how they're fixed.

Why it's taken so long to fix is the most concerning part, it makes me feel very third class.