Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Drakuloth:

Drustvar is a nightmare. Sorry but it is.

It takes me ten seconds to loot, and the gameplay feels like 400 ms or worse. I know you are doing your best..this needs to be escalated to urgent, if it hasnt been already.

You do not want to know how it feels as a melee in a fight when your ability literally just hangs there..this is CRIPPLING our servers and it needs to be fixed soon. it is chewing away at the playerbase as people simply up and quit in disgust.

We did NOT have this issue in Legion and I want to ask why that is and how or why this is linked to BFA areas..can you expand any?

Questions being asked tonight

1. Are US players being sharded to OCE realms.

2. Are we being sharded to US realms.

3. Is this a shard issue with warmode, as mine is off all the time.

If so how can it be fixed and please...WHEN?

We have been patient, we have done all we can, and to be honest, tempers are fraying. The OCE servers up until BFA launch were fine, but the problems with this server lag since launch are generating a lot of ill will.

People are justifiably angry..I cant say as I blame them.

Please advise.
Everyone in my guild is actively avoiding Drustvar tonight, it's absolutely horrific! I was levelling on my DH in Stormsong Valley and it was pretty bad there too. But we're also getting major FPS issues tonight but I think that's a whole other issue.
10/26/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Aehl
it is chewing away at the playerbase as people simply up and quit in disgust.

I've no idea if people are quitting over this or not, but you may a find a quieter situation. In my case, I'm playing less. When I get on and find the lag hitting, I simply don't have the patience to keep playing while it's happening. I just log off and go play something else.

Driving your subscribers away from your game is obviously not a good thing to be happening.
One thing I want to say: all of you.

Can the tempers, take a deep breath. Drakuloth is doing all they can, and he or she is the messenger only...so cut them some slack.

I am as frustrated and annoyed as anyone, but keeping the lines of communication open is ESSENTIAL if we want this done. Take a deep breath, count to ten and then post with a clearer mind.

One of the cardinal rules of any evil Overlord:

"I do not ever shoot the messenger that brings me bad news. Good messengers are hard to find."

Keep it civil, folks. Please.
One last thing and no I dont know if they are connected: major lag issues with the game are possibly connected to the forums somehow. Dont ask me how I dont know.

But I have noticed a pattern where bad lag ingame has translated to how well the forums load.

Whether thats relevant or not is anyones guess.
I've just re-subbed and I'm seriously regretting it, the game is basically unplayable in instanced pvp, and it seems really bad in several outdoor zones in BFA. Particularly Drust.

I'm not ok with paying for something that doesn't work and it seems this thread has been going on for quite some time. What's going on here?
I just lagged so bad in Drust that my flight master whistle didn't work...sub has been turned off. This has to be fixed before I come back, it's unacceptable.
10/26/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Anedis
I just lagged so bad in Drust that my flight master whistle didn't work...sub has been turned off. This has to be fixed before I come back, it's unacceptable.

Same thing happened to me. Drustvar is basically unplayable right now.
Evening!, I am still having a massive issue with the lag while doing any world content. I primarily play with warmode disabled. I played earlier in the day in offpeak times with the same issues.

Loot Lag, ability lag, consistently good MS, chat and other ingame features respond well. Its just general lag when my character is interacting with anything or in combat, feels like wow used to back before Oceanic servers, except now im not using a vpn to get that sweet 180ms.

Honestly, its been a massive turn off for doing any sort of world content in general, especially as it was a rare day my wife actually sat down to play at the same time as me.

The WinMTR logs are below;
Here's a crappy game play video that was recorded concurrently with the WinMTR logs. Some video settings etc are shown towards the end of the clip.
https://youtu.be/91ahe3YxD28
Hopefully goes full quality later after processing

Specs:
Win 10 pro / 8700k / 1080ti / 16GB memory

~60ms is actually normal for me due to my location in Central Australia.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 711 | 711 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 |
| 172.18.215.100 - 1 | 703 | 701 | 37 | 40 | 53 | 41 |
| 172.18.72.117 - 1 | 703 | 701 | 38 | 41 | 60 | 39 |
|bundle-ether4.way-edge901.adelaide.telstra.net - 1 | 707 | 706 | 38 | 41 | 68 | 39 |
|bundle-ether7.way-core4.adelaide.telstra.net - 1 | 707 | 706 | 39 | 42 | 62 | 41 |
|bundle-ether16.exi-core10.melbourne.telstra.net - 1 | 703 | 701 | 51 | 55 | 65 | 54 |
|bundle-ether12.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net - 1 | 703 | 701 | 62 | 65 | 73 | 63 |
|bundle-ether1.chw-edge903.sydney.telstra.net - 1 | 703 | 701 | 61 | 64 | 75 | 65 |
| equ2996323.lnk.telstra.net - 1 | 707 | 706 | 62 | 67 | 182 | 62 |
| 119.27.49.108 - 1 | 703 | 701 | 60 | 63 | 94 | 62 |
| 27.111.251.106 - 1 | 703 | 701 | 62 | 65 | 79 | 63 |
| 103.4.115.248 - 1 | 703 | 701 | 60 | 63 | 73 | 61 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
I tried going to Drustvar. Flight master's whistle didn't work for me or anybody near the Tortollan beachead wq.
Drustvar is ridiculous right now. It's been way too long since this problem started. How much longer do we have to wait to get properly functional BFA zones?
Was just in Drustvar again. The lag is *still* horrific.

Seriously, Blade Dance had a cast time...
How is this issue still now resolved? I'm sick of taking 10 minutes to do the shell matching world quest. Each flip takes 10 seconds and I just watch the shell around multiple loops until its stuck in a weird position.

I use flightmaster's whistle, the gryphon comes down but nothing happens and it goes away again. I didn't even touch my keyboard.
game is now unplayable our guild has died thanks to people not being able to play due to this, im not looking at continuing to play a broken game that expects me to pay for broken service, way to fail blizz, i now feel the cost of BFA was a rip as its dosen't work
It's refreshing to know that this problem has gone unattended ruining gameplay for an ENTIRE REGION for three months.
Is this honestly what amounts to blizzard quality these days?

How heads haven't rolled for this I have no idea. Customers worth that little to you these days?
Attempting to do more questing/levelling on my Demon Hunter on caelestrasz again. In Tiragarde sound tonight, and the latency is beyond a joke tonight. I can't double jump glide properly, blade dance has a wait-time, and handing in quests takes 10+ sec to register.
2 months of this?
I'm from the east coast of Canada. My normal latency is about 55ms for both world and home. Whenever I am grouped with someone from an Oceanic realm (like right now in a warfront) my world latency jumps to about 260ms while my home latency stays around 55ms.

This problem happens in battlegrounds, warfronts, dungeons and raids.

I'd also like to add that after grouping with oceanic players my world latency stays at >250ms until I relog. It's like playing with oceanic players gives me latency cooties and the only cure is to nuke the client and relog.
10/28/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Xugar
I'm from the east coast of Canada. My normal latency is about 55ms for both world and home. Whenever I am grouped with someone from an Oceanic realm (like right now in a warfront) my world latency jumps to about 260ms while my home latency stays around 55ms.

This problem happens in battlegrounds, warfronts, dungeons and raids.

I'd also like to add that after grouping with oceanic players my world latency stays at >250ms until I relog. It's like playing with oceanic players gives me latency cooties and the only cure is to nuke the client and relog.

The visible change in latency is a different issue than the one being discussed in this thread, though I do understand your frustration, believe me. The cross-realm sharding system in itself is a mess, but your particular issue is likely being tackled in another thread.
10/27/2018 02:32 AMPosted by Cuddlestime
It's refreshing to know that this problem has gone unattended ruining gameplay for an ENTIRE REGION for three months.
Is this honestly what amounts to blizzard quality these days?

How heads haven't rolled for this I have no idea. Customers worth that little to you these days?

I've wondered the same thing.
HOPEFULLY Blizzard has not ignored this because people bought into and literally paid for 6 months in advance.
You wouldn't do that, would you Blizz?

PLEASE FIX THIS ONGOING ISSUE!