Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Servers are still broken atm 3 characters couldnt get past login, one disconnect while joining headless horseman and the one i could log into got stuck in a dungeon load.
5 wipes on HH on silver hand was enough to make our group of intrepid adventurers give up. I think we all knew going in we'd be lagging like hell but this was just horrendus :( it's NOT just oceanic it's happening to!
And they wonder why sub numbers are dropping.

Oceanic and looks to be numerous US realms all with this issue of server side latency since launch.

Issues like the current where large volumes of players cant even log into their characters.
Here's an idea.. make the game free to play (meaning halt all subscription timers) in the meantime, while you're fixing all the bullcrap issues, now over 2 months into the expansion! It's gone into the realm of pathetic. I get there are issues, some of which were probably unforseen.. but why the hell should everyone have to cop it, as paying customers. I'm wondering what the ICPEN might have to say..
a tiny bit of lag in stormwind also, typically when turning in a quest/receiving a quest. it's just like a half second or so lag.
10/24/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Xanizar
Here's an idea.. make the game free to play (meaning halt all subscription timers) in the meantime, while you're fixing all the bullcrap issues, now over 2 months into the expansion! It's gone into the realm of pathetic. I get there are issues, some of which were probably unforseen.. but why the hell should everyone have to cop it, as paying customers. I'm wondering what the ICPEN might have to say..

Lol if they make it free to play until the issues are resolved, they will be resolved in 2 days max!
10/23/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Wufflepuppy
I am an Australian and I blame Telstra...

Enuf Said.

Fkn telstra...i have been waiting 3 months for my cable internet to be activated LOL stuck using the 4G back up on modem. I changed from adsl to cable cos of the issues of adsl....i hate telstra, they cant fix things either lmao
I joined a mythic dungeon group that was all Frostmourne players (I'm on Tichondrius). I phased into their realm and turned in my weekly conquest cap for the Dread Gladiator item. I completed the quest and immediately disconnected. When I logged back in the item was not in my bags or mailbox. My conquest cap had been reset to 0/500 for the same item I had just turned in. Now I can't gain any conquest even though my cap was reset to 0/500.

TLDR: Lost 500 conquest, did not receive weekly item, and unable to gain anymore for the week.
10/24/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Sallysancbot
I joined a mythic dungeon group that was all Frostmourne players (I'm on Tichondrius). I phased into their realm and turned in my weekly conquest cap for the Dread Gladiator item. I completed the quest and immediately disconnected. When I logged back in the item was not in my bags or mailbox. My conquest cap had been reset to 0/500 for the same item I had just turned in. Now I can't gain any conquest even though my cap was reset to 0/500.

TLDR: Lost 500 conquest, did not receive weekly item, and unable to gain anymore for the week.

10/10 related to this topic. Great post.
10/23/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Dable
T

<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't think I am, i'm in the reverse position as most here, I'm in OCE and when sharded or playing on NA server my latency show as normal but packet loss is through the roof. Latency just FEELS like 5000ms.
Then its your connection -> isp routing.
All the WINMTR tests we have posted showed no packet loss to oceanic yet we get major server side lag on oceanic.

I have played both Fortnite and WoW on the same PC at the same time, as well as my kids playing Fortnite or WoW whilst I played WoW or Fortnite (via different PCs).

The WoW lag is real and noticable, with and without Fortnite. I can play Fortnite just fine. What I am trying to highlight is, is that if I had some form of connection issue with playing a FPS in the US, I would notice it, as would my kids. We don't notice it. We do all notice the laggyness and latency issues with WoW.

My interpretation of the problem is that the WoW system is doing an item lookup with a central server in the US, instead of in Aus. So each time you loot, a lookup is performed, and then you get lag. I get zero lag if I don't loot, and if I don't do WQ. The issue for me, only appears once I attempt to do WQ (which rewards 'loot', even if it is a quest for WR/rep) or try to loot mobs, nodes, or skins.

The problem is not with me, (I don't run addons), or my PC (I can run 6 WoW instances at once and get no lag until I try to loot), the problem appears to me to be purely something wrong with the way the WoW system deals with loot.
10/24/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Sallysancbot

thats nice?.........
10/18/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Toshy, that is not the same issue as the players in this thread are talking about. If you can see your latency in game numerically, it's not what we're talking about here and you should start your own thread.

As previously, I still don't have much more to share, but we are pretty sure we know what the problem is and are still working on it. Once we get a fix together we'll get it out as soon as we can.

Hey Drakuloth,

Any chance you can cross-reference this issue with the one I seem to have?
Coming up to the 3 month mark.

A week since the most promising new to date, Blizzcon is upon us. I don't see a fix to this in the next few weeks.

10/18/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Drakuloth
As previously, I still don't have much more to share, but we are pretty sure we know what the problem is and are still working on it. Once we get a fix together we'll get it out as soon as we can.

I have had to log off owing to the server lag in Drustvar and this is becoming a regular occurrence and a major inconvenience.

To ALL of us.
Hey Blizzard, it's coming up on 11 weeks, how about you fix your sh it?
Either fix the !@#$ing shard system or get rid of it completely. How can i on this character go from ZERO LAG AT ALL in Zandalar doing World Quests, to touching down in Drustvar.. SOMEHOW GET SHARDED TO A FROSTMOURNE SHARD and then lag to death while i do 5 bull%^-* quests.

Seriously.. you've been saying for weeks now you know or at least think you know what the problem is. So fix it. I dont care if we need a 24 hour maintenance to do it, GET IT DONE.

This is so far and beyond past being a joke, you are not an indie company, you have billions of dollars and THOUSANDS of employees. Fix it.
Constant, steady 40ms, and around 1500ms ability lag in Drustvar. But it seems like everyone has that.

What everyone DOESN'T seem to have, until I found this thread, is ability input lag in dungeons and raids.

On this !@#$ty hunter, with almost no skill required, it still makes life absolutely miserable. Often my abilities will trigger a GCD but won't actually be activated. It's SO FRUSTRATING. I have tried literally everything under the sun, but nothing makes a difference.

My patience is almost at an end, and will soon be unsubbing if it's not fixed quickly.
How are any of your Tech people still employed at this point? This is a disgrace, this has happened since launch.

BFA is a disaster as it stands, this is just salt in the wound.
I wish I had the job security of your Sys Admins. 11 weeks of this and they still have jobs? THE DREAM!
Tortollan WQ's are always the most fun when it's this bad.

Drustvar - Beachhead, on Nagrand (19:25 realm time). WM Off.