Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

Drustvar has totally shat itself today, this is exponentially worse than it has ever been, I feel like we are all on one shard. Seeing all the Oceanic servers represented in chat.

And there was like 25 people at a minor azerite mini boss WQ.
Just did the last WQ for scrappable gear and yeeted outta there.

The upside to the ridiculous lag is that no one can tell when something gets tagged so alliance kill the mobs for me :) <3
10/22/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Excerion
Holy !@#$ the lag is so bad my Flight Masters Whistle doesn't work. It comes down, picks me up, sits there for 10 seconds, then lets me off and I haven't moved.

Yeah I had that happen before too.

16:30 - 16:55ish ADST, Dath'Remar - Warmode off in Drustvar.

I logged out, you can't do anything like that.

Recently it's been better with the really bad lag only happening around the outdoor weekly Raid Boss and Arathi Warfront stuff.
The 1.5-2.3M World Quest mobs usually have a group up, rarely more than one group, and they lag a bit but nothing like it is today.

I have a sub again but this makes me think I made a mistake.
I'm currently in Drustvar herbing and the delay is unreal and causing issues with some herbs not being collected after picking. How much overlay is there with this zone to cause this issue?
It's gotten to the point that the flight master's whistle does not work in these zones. The bird comes, sits around for 30sec and despawns.

2 months in Blizzard and we're still experiencing this garbage lag, this is ridiculous. What do we have to do to get something done about it?
. I still hope one day I can return once Blizzard stops ignoring their Oceanic customers and attempts to improve our game experience.

We still play in darkness after two years.

Two years.
The Zone you are in: Drustvar (no surprise, that)
The character you are on: Kneeshooter
How long ago you had the issue: now
The Realm the affected character is on: Aman'thul
If you are in a group or not: not
Is war mode on or off: off

Lag is back. Hardly surprising. 2 months and still resolution. I had to put the toon back in Boralus and log off, it was just too difficult to play it.

*slow clap*
The warmode fix is bull!@#$, 95% of my time in the last two weeks has been on lvl19 where warmode isn't an option and if I play or get sharded to a NA zone my lag feels like 5000ms and my packet loss hits anywhere between 15-25% if I'm on OCE my latency is sub 10ms (I'm in Sydney).

Unless I have a completely different and isolated problem for the other 2000 people posting in this thread I can almost guarantee the problem isn't with blizzard but the connection across the Pacific.

I've actually tested with multiple ISPs and one service doesn't lag and no surprises that its using a different route.
10/23/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Whytwofive
The warmode fix is bull!@#$, 95% of my time in the last two weeks has been on lvl19 where warmode isn't an option and if I play or get sharded to a NA zone my lag feels like 5000ms and my packet loss hits anywhere between 15-25% if I'm on OCE my latency is sub 10ms (I'm in Sydney).

Unless I have a completely different and isolated problem for the other 2000 people posting in this thread I can almost guarantee the problem isn't with blizzard but the connection across the Pacific.

I've actually tested with multiple ISPs and one service doesn't lag and no surprises that its using a different route.

Your in the wrong thread then.
As per title and the Bliz posts we have - its NOT isp related for the issue of this thread topic.
:Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency
10/23/2018 12:47 AMPosted by Dable

As per title and the Bliz posts we have - its NOT isp related for the issue of this thread topic.

I don't think I am, i'm in the reverse position as most here, I'm in OCE and when sharded or playing on NA server my latency show as normal but packet loss is through the roof. Latency just FEELS like 5000ms.
The Zone you are in: Drustvar.
The character you are on: Velleri.
How long ago you had the issue: Hour long and still going.
The Realm the affected character is on: Saurfang.
If you are in a group or not: not
Is war mode on or off: off
26/28 displayed latency, 4 or so seconds lag.

Going to try switch warmode on and see if it changes.

Seriously Blizz, this is absolutely NUTS, how has this not been resolved yet.

EDIT: Switched Warmode on, phantom-latency is gone.

Take from that what you will, I am guessing its because of less load/less people in the shard.

Fix your damn game you goofs. If you dont have enough staf, HIRE MORE! If you do have a enough people on the payrole, either find better ones, or get them off their coffee break and back to work!!!!!!!!! I could never get away with something this atrocious at work. FFFFFFFFFFF
T

10/23/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Whytwofive
10/23/2018 12:47 AMPosted by Dable

I don't think I am, i'm in the reverse position as most here, I'm in OCE and when sharded or playing on NA server my latency show as normal but packet loss is through the roof. Latency just FEELS like 5000ms.
Then its your connection -> isp routing.
All the WINMTR tests we have posted showed no packet loss to oceanic yet we get major server side lag on oceanic.
10/04/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Hey folks,

I updated the title since we've been getting reports of other things due to the latency title. This thread is for a [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767557791?page=73#post-1451"]known issue the devs are working on[/url] where your latency is normal, but you're experiencing delays. As of this point, we don't need any more information, but you're welcome to continue reporting the presence of the issue, what you were doing/where, and what time it was (server time) when it happened.

Presently this seems to be affecting Oceanic servers during peak hours. If you want some more info - click the link above. This should mostly if not only be happening in new content (such as the current warfront and Battle for Azeroth zones) due to clusters of player activity there.

It is NOT just oceanic, happening in NA too, doesn't freaking matter what time of day or night.
I am an Australian and I blame Telstra...

Enuf Said.
playing on Khaz'goroth, same issues as other.

game reports latency to be as it normally is, but getting several seconds between abilities and looting.

seems localised, for example, in one part of arathi highlands it'd be fine, but when i move to a different area of the zone it kicks in. more area suffering from this issue than not.

happens in certain areas in BFA zones.
10/23/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Metrics
10/04/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Hey folks,

I updated the title since we've been getting reports of other things due to the latency title. This thread is for a [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767557791?page=73#post-1451"]known issue the devs are working on[/url] where your latency is normal, but you're experiencing delays. As of this point, we don't need any more information, but you're welcome to continue reporting the presence of the issue, what you were doing/where, and what time it was (server time) when it happened.

Presently this seems to be affecting Oceanic servers during peak hours. If you want some more info - click the link above. This should mostly if not only be happening in new content (such as the current warfront and Battle for Azeroth zones) due to clusters of player activity there.

It is NOT just oceanic, happening in NA too, doesn't freaking matter what time of day or night.

That was the point i was making earlier in the thread - this isn't restricted to oceanic. Was just in Vol'dun doing that world boss and the game was so laggy after I had to 'x' out to even log off. Had trouble getting back into that character and no world quests would show up once I did. I finally hearthed back to Kul'Tiras and things are fine now (so far).
This has been happening to me, herbing in drustvar = irritating input lag, latency is normal.
I've had the worst Lag all day today, constantly getting kicked when i try to shard into groups for WQ's, load into instances, i got kicked from game when i tried to start my garrison invasion, i even got stuck on a flight path earlier and it took 20 minutes before it was able to land without me getting logged out.

In the past few weeks, especially on OCE peak times i have been experiencing input lag that can't be explained on my end, as my ms is always around 200. At times i can press a spell 5 times before the first cast even starts.

I'll run the logs and post them in soon.

Tracing route to 103.4.115.248 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 3 ms 3 ms 2 ms mygateway.home [192.168.0.1]
2 17 ms 21 ms 16 ms mas1-l101.bng.optusnet.com.au [1.42.0.1]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 16 ms 15 ms 16 ms 124.19.61.3
5 18 ms 16 ms 16 ms 220.101.73.6
6 19 ms 17 ms 16 ms 119.27.49.223
7 18 ms 21 ms 17 ms 119.27.49.108
8 17 ms 16 ms 16 ms 27.111.251.106
9 15 ms 17 ms 17 ms 103.4.115.248

Trace complete.

Tracing route to 103.4.115.248 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 DESKTOP-S7CJUDD.home [192.168.0.2]
1 mygateway.home [192.168.0.1]
2 mas1-l101.bng.optusnet.com.au [1.42.0.1]
3 * * *
Computing statistics for 50 seconds...
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 DESKTOP-S7CJUDD.home [192.168.0.2]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 6ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% mygateway.home [192.168.0.1]
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 21ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% mas1-l101.bng.optusnet.com.au [1.42.0.1]

Trace complete.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| mygateway.home - 1 | 698 | 697 | 1 | 4 | 129 | 4 |
| mas1-l101.bng.optusnet.com.au - 1 | 698 | 697 | 15 | 19 | 157 | 18 |
| No response from host - 100 | 141 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 124.19.61.3 - 0 | 701 | 701 | 14 | 20 | 138 | 16 |
| 220.101.73.6 - 0 | 701 | 701 | 14 | 23 | 196 | 17 |
| 119.27.49.223 - 1 | 698 | 697 | 15 | 22 | 138 | 16 |
| 119.27.49.108 - 0 | 701 | 701 | 14 | 19 | 135 | 20 |
| 27.111.251.106 - 0 | 701 | 701 | 14 | 19 | 135 | 15 |
| 103.4.115.248 - 1 | 690 | 687 | 15 | 21 | 137 | 16 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Not just happening in BFA content.

Wrath dungeons won't load and disconnect.

Battle for Gilneas won't load and disconnect.

Org will not load and disconnect.
10/24/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Adelusion
Not just happening in BFA content.

Wrath dungeons won't load and disconnect.

Battle for Gilneas won't load and disconnect.

Org will not load and disconnect.

This is a completely different issue, which began happening with instances/cross-realm groups around 1-2hrs ago.. More bs tech issues :D