Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

As bad as ever. Just, attempting, to do daily quests, not in the new zones, is bloody awful. This is at 10.00am in the morning!

Latency shows as perfectly normal, playability is very poor.

We continue to be ignored. The couldn’t care less attitude from Blizzard is truly stunning.

Will be the one year birthday of this issue next month.

2 Likes

Still happening, obviously the don’t care anymore.

3 Likes

Reporting in. again.
Nazjatar. 10pm local time. Non warmode.

I’m supposed to be fishing up for this new feast which needs 15 freakin fish each but yay along comes mr. server to make it even better a time!~
not so much fun when its all delayed by 2-5 seconds!

1 Like

Resubbed for 8.2. Still happening. I honestly can’t believe this.

It’s rapidly approaching the one year anniversary of this and it’s still happening?

I can’t say anything else I haven’t said within the last year. So I’ll just leave it at this.

Pathetic.

3 Likes

Dear Diary.
It’s me again.

Problem is Still going on. I know, I feel like a broken record too. Sometimes would be nice if this could just end…

Nazjatar. 3pm on a Saturday.
Arguably prime time, yeah?

1 Like

More than 10 people on the shard in Nazjatar? Uh oh, now the server’s turned to crap!

Who doesn’t love a good double or triple jump using Deepcoral Pod as a result anyway?

~2:30pm today on two different characters. Neato.

Just adding my name to the list.

Same, even though it’s a waste of bloody time. The latency problem is bad enough but the complete ignoring/whitewashing of the problem is unreal! Happening more often to EU & USA based peeps now too and it’s the same old, same old…get the MVP’s (unpaid replacements for CM’s) to jump in threads asking for the old MTR, because everyone knows it’s not on Blizzard’s end, has to be ours lol. Everyone across the planet using the same ISP, with the same connections tech and exactly the same PC components but all with one common point - trying to connect to a Blizzard server reliably!

Should have seen this coming really though, the writing was on the wall with the sacking of the CM’s. It was shortly before that time that the most common answers to in-game raised tickets was “Go to Wowhead, you will find all the information you need there!”. Once they started palming off their customer support responsibilities to a fan based website you knew they’d given up caring.

Think it’s time to give up on reaching Blizzard through the forums or tickets, and try reaching them through the ACCC. This game is now being sold as a lemon and they admitted the problem late last year in a blue post, but are too scared to bite the bullet and dump the sharding tech that’s causing the whole mess. Since that time they’ve been happy to take Aussie money but don’t want to provide the product the money is getting paid for.
White Knights, MVP’s & Blizztavision shills keep walking, only Blue will Do!

Edit just to comment on seeing my post appear under a toon I haven’t played in so long I can’t remember lol. Didn’t think I still had it. Forums must be lagging badly now too lmao.

2 Likes

Ok so after a year this is how I saw that Ionism you threw in here:

“Hey all, Tech Support aren’t technical so we know nothing except what we’re told by the real techies. We asked the devs about it but they don’t want to touch sharding so it’s now filed away as a bug and is no longer a tech issue. Can’t tell you nothing but please keep throwing your cash at us each month, you’re helping Make America Great again!!!”

As for the wonderful reminder at the end let’s see. Lag out in the middle of Drustvar with Warmode off. Whilst lagging to the crapper, hearth to Boralus or Dalaran so I can travel to Stormwind, hit Warmode on and travel back to Boralus, fly back to the middle of Drustvar (now flagged) and hope to hell that the miniscule chance of it fixing the lag worked (cause if it didn’t I’m now dead to some Hordie who saw me running on the spot). If it DID work then as soon as my hearthstone is off cooldown, I hearth back to wherever, travel back to Stormwind and toggle Warmode off. Then travel all the way back to Drustvar only to find the lag kick in again 10 minutes later!!!
You’re seriously taking the piss aren’t you Drakuloth? I know Ion’s new Golden Goose to sell the investors is time played not sub numbers, but to suggest an unreliable, time consuming, blood boiling gamble on a fix like that is beyond the pale. The quicker way to try and force a re-shard is simply to exit game for 5 minutes, go and grab a drink so you have something to smash in frustration, and return to log in again (if you are a masochist like me). The sane ones have already un-subbed until you guys get your excrement together and dump the sharding!

4 Likes

Wednesday 31st July.

Truly worse then ever. Latency continues to show normal but now the problems seem to be at all times of the day and in all zones.

The world boss in Naz was laughable. Main focus was tagging it rather than dps’ing. The lag was so bad.

And the silence/inaction from Blizzard continues.

3 Likes

Joined a raid group last night to do the world boss in Nazjatar and the lag was horrendous. Also doing world quests and general exploration was incredibly laggy even though my home/world latency started stable at 35ms.

Can we please have an update on this issue Blizzard?

2 Likes

On Caelestrasz, alliance, have had lag issues on and off during the afternoon, typical casting, skinning, collecting similar to the old issues.

1 Like

Also on Caelestrasz Terrible loot,skill lag yet game says 15 ms home and world.Sick and tired of laggy server’s its not the players internet,its the server.

2 Likes

Adding my voice to the sea of the ignored here. Usually sit at 32 - 39ms on Frostmorne and it honestly feels like i’m playing with 180+ sometimes. It feels like there is absolutely no skill buffer, makes playing certain classes unsatisfying because you can’t get a rhythm with your skills and it’s really jarring to feel that delay. FFXIV feels more responsive at 170ms, no joke.

1 Like

Yup, this game is unplayable with this server lag, I too had swapped to playing FF XIV instead and having a blast. The community is friendlier and better and the producer and devs actually care for their fans and player base. Unlike wow, the devs just sit in their Ivory Tower and think they are making the best mmorpg out there and being ignorant. I have had enough.

3 Likes

Happy anniversary of complete and utter failure!

I look forward to you screwing up Classic for us too!

xoxo

2 Likes

Just adding my condemnation of Blizzard here too. The problem is as bad as ever which clearly impacts the playing experience but it is The complete indifference of Blizzard that for me is the real story.

Total contempt for their customers.

1 Like

Happy anniversary blizzard!!

1 Like

I have just resubbed to do some new content and the lag still persists as it did before.

Realm: Frostmourne
Character: Alessara
Zone: All world quest zones but i’ve been mainly in the Alliance zones.
Time: 7:00PM AEST - 11:00PM AEST
Home Latency: ~15ms
World Latency ~28ms
Warmode: Off

2 Likes

Resubbed for the classic stress test/name reservation and figured I may as well get pathfinder done while I wait. Then I find out this is STILL an issue, lol what an absolute joke.

1 Like