Ability/Loot Lag on Oceanic Servers Despite Normal Latency

I have done all the fixes listed, including the router lease thing, even though mine is a xfinity and not an Arris. I reinstalled WOW, did the DX 11 from DX 12, did a WinMTR test and it still does not show anything significant on my isp.

I has two disconnects today, the game completely froze and it froze my laptop so I had to reboot it manually. Last one was just a few minutes ago. (10:45 pm Pacific Time, Cenarion Circle server, character Roybean.)

My lag is a tiny bit better but still very bad in major cities like Orgrimmar, Boralas, Stormwind and Zuldazar. I am not sure what the problem is but seems to get worse when there are a lot of people involved. I noticed it doing World quests and saw many people not from my server. If this is sharding, then I think it is the culprit.

Can we just go back to each server has its own population?

I know, why bother? But, just to keep Blizzard fully aware, this is still a major issue.

Getting close to the one year anniversary.

What a total disgrace.

4 Likes

Anyone have any forecast as to what is going to happen when the new patch hits?

I play on a US realm now (since Blizzard refuses to give us an Oceanic RP server), but manā€¦this issue sounds so bad and so ignored I feel really bad for Oceanic players. I hope you guys can get some ease to your suffering.

Kethuzad here, Massive loot lag and ability lag. Chat is talking about it so there is a problemā€¦

Probably gives you a better overall connection ironically :joy:

Well, predictably, it was poor in my experience. Both zones but in particular Mechagon.

And Blizzard, again predictably, continues itā€™s inaction.

Combined with some spectacular 20 v 1 world PVP action (on Caelestrasz at least) if you want any WM bonuses or mounts etc, it is not making for a fun playing experience Blizz. Please. Look at this with some sense of ā€œurgencyā€ >.< I suspect at this stage that the ā€œfixā€ is not using this tech next expac

Itā€™s been pretty good for a while, just occasional lag and nothing for long enough to isolate it from random ADSL connection woes.

Now there is new content players have returned and so has the lag.
It still shows all the signs of the on demand servers arenā€™t spinning up fast enough, or arenā€™t being paid for.

It may have been ok for you Cluey but in my experience (Cael/Nagrand) it was poor every evening (peak hour) and as you identify, whenever groups of players converged like invasions.

Again, latency showing as perfectly normal but the lag degrading the playing experience to unacceptable levels.

1 Like

hahaha i cant belive this thread is still goingā€¦ i only play on for a few hrs now on sats aest 8pm+ so ive had no problem.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting constant disconnection from WoW and bnet every few minutes. Latency in game has been insane ranging from 1k to 2k. Only bnet and blizzard related services gets disconnected and my other apps in the background are fine (e.g spotify, discord etc etcā€¦)

Server: Dreadmaul
ISP: TPG

Issues still pretty rife. You really notice it when playing a Ret pally. It just kills the flow of the rotation, especially when you are waiting on Holy Power to generate after using your generator abilities.

Finally hit 120 on this guy and pretty much within the hour decided that the spec just doesnā€™t play well with current server stability. Too many procs and the delay just really hurts how fluid it is, you sit on too many abilities with the delay.

Going to look at finishing off my Rogue instead for an alt as the rotation is more predicted and less reliant on pressing buttons quick as they come off cd.

That isnā€™t the same problem this thread is about.
This thread is about horrible latency while your ping is normal.

Today, midday AEST, the latency was about half a second at times but still reporting as ~45ms.
Nazmir, Zuldazar and Volā€™dun with Warmode on.
I did a few Battles for Stromgarde and it was fairly random lag spikes, not helped by being on US servers for most of them.

I did the Hydra quest in Nazjatar at 11.00am server time. Latency perfectly normal but the lag was appalling!

Cael/Nagrand server.

Didnā€™t they tell you? Itā€™s no longer in ms, your ping is in decimal seconds. Really you are at .45s latency!

Today (Wednesday) at again approx. 11.00am server time, latency again normal (60 ish, Iā€™m in Perth) yet the lag is truly awful! Server Cael/Nagrand.

We are in a zone with harder hitting mobs which I have no issue with when things are normal.

Blizzard, how are we supposed to play the game and our classes to their potential in this environment? Even more important, how are we supposed to enjoy this experience?

Yet we continue to be ignored. 11 months this has been going on.

Reporting in again from Cael/Nagrand. In case you neglected yet again to pass on this issueā€¦ Itā€™s still going on.

Seriously, this has been affecting an entire region going on a year now?
wtf, guys?

1 Like

This issue just hit hard in Nazjatar. Basically broke the whole zone for everyone. At first I think my network connection dropped out for a moment until the general chat channel started getting busy. It was affecting everyone.

Itā€™s demoralizing to know this thread is almost 1 year old and weā€™re still no closer to a solution. Just occasional vague responses and a broken promise to do a Dev Watercooler article on this issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the 3 days free game time promotion. I logged in again to test the water and the problem still persist. I guess there will be no more wow for me from now on as the game is dead, because of the server lag. No matter how good your next expansion is, Iā€™m not coming back. Youā€™ve introduced a game breaking tech problem (sharding and warmode) that you donā€™t know how to solve and at this rate I think nothing matters to you now.

1 Like