Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

On my high end laptop it’s killing me when this happens, can’t even play wow. At 5-7 fps I can’t even go around a corner without running into the wall, kinda sad.

Blizz developers need to fix this if they expect people to re-subscribe. As it is the game is unusable most of the time, only works reliably if it’s so late people are logging out.

For me this only started a few weeks back, was just fine before then.

Just began to have this happen. I tried turning off everything else, addons, restarting game, not tracking objectives. The only thing that is lagging is quest turnins and some spell casting. The delay is very noticeable, several seconds. My latency is between 35-45 ms, both home and world.

Interestingly I didn’t see this till I decided to level my Alliance character - Naedaelyne, Night Elf, Argent Dawn. I have been playing her mostly in Tiragarde. I never saw it happen on my Horde characters on Sisters of Elune which is why I am only now hearing of this.

Update edit: Went to check on my horde main on Sisters of Elune US server - no lag at all.

Everyone in my guild is talking of this same problem. I have low latency (30-ish home and world) but any input into the game (other than chat) takes 2+ seconds to register and other players/NPCs are slow to populate.

EDIT - US Kirin Tor/SWC/Sentinels server, WM off.

EDIT 2 - it only happens in Boralus.

I’ve noticed some server lag since this past server crash / DDoS, or whatever it was. Now soon as i hit BFA zones the frame rates drop from close to 100fps to about 12 fps. running 35-50ms Home and world side.
I even went so far as roll back and reinstall current GPU driver. still not fixed
just counted it off, 8 sec for mount summon bar to appear and a total of 15 sec for mount to appear after. 53ms both sides, 50fps
Fauxpaus
US Argent Dawn
Boralus
Warmode is Off

I have also been getting delays in activating skills and lotting enemies. It only recently started after the last maintenance. I am on the US Emerald dream server. The only way I am able to reduce the lag is to do what was mentioned earlier which is to switch on warmode.

I can’t even do anything after I log in now. I can get on, interact with one thing, and instantly get stuck with impenetrable lag.

This has gotten worse since the long downtime this past week. Tiragarde Sound is quickly turning into a zone I have am stuck waiting between actions.

Was just in a timewalking dungeon with this happening along with hex and interrupts not responding/working, completely random during the dungeon wasn’t all the time (no other latency or lag), try to give the best info possible but difficult to write a report while in a dungeon.

• Character Experiencing Issue: Zufacenva
  • Realm Character is on:Aerie Peak
  • Zone (Zulzadar/Boralus/Arathi/etc): timewalking dungeon (not sure which BC one)
  • Server Time When Issue Occurs: want to say 7:34 but hard to say as it was hectic
    It normally only happens on my mage (this toon) and my shaman in BfA zones but this is new.

Why hasnt this been flagged or stickied as a known issue yet…

4 Likes

My entire time thus far in Nazjatar has been one of wishing they would finally fix this.

Same. The only other time I’ve had this occur is when the assault is up in Zandalar, and it’s exactly the same. CPU/GPU are normal. Ping is fine. Traceroute is fine. Long lags on loot, mounting, and dismounting. Shorter but noticable lags on casting. Feels like I’m playing in molasses.

I just finally finished my first character’s quests and round of WQs in Nazjatar, and it’s exhausting. Wanted to get three or four chars through today. I’m probably not going to even start my second.

same here. looting, casting, resource gathering all very laggy with 11-14ms latency.

Game says my connection is 42 ping, but skills are responding like it’s 600+ ping. Multiple global cooldowns pass before abilities trigger. Has this been verified to other users?

1 Like

I’m getting this on an Oceanic server. Massive ability delay.

I thought it was just me. I did the /console SpellQueueWindow command set at 250 and still it feels off, like there is an unnatural delay. Server ping and latency is less than 75 ms respectively. I have very fast internet and if I go into Dalaran zones, no issue.

1 Like

I was playing in nazjatar with the issue this thread describes, abilites all delayed and lagging but normal latency values. Once I teleported to the bain scenario everything instantly started working normally. Got back to nazjatar - all lagged again.

At this point, its pretty evident they just dont have the horsepower to accomodate all players. Pretty sad considering everyone pays monthly expecting a decent service.

2 Likes

I think the server lag in Boralus has gotten worse since patch 8.2 went live. Now each projectile from Arcane Missiles is sometimes separated by nearly a second. Yesterday it took nearly five seconds for a 7th Legion supply chest to open to yield the gold inside. The delay on selling items to merchants has gotten worse as has the delay in interacting with the mission table.

It all goes away once I leave this zone.

2 Likes

In general I felt like things were okay right at 8.2 launch. However, these last few days the lag in all BFA zones including Nazjatar and Mechagon has gotten pretty terrible again. It’s all server-side once since there are no visible issues with my ping or traces.

It’s highly frustrating that this issue keeps coming back up again and again this expansion. It’s been a crazy ongoing issue since BFA launch.

1 Like

This issue has now reached a peak with the release of the world boss in Nazjatar. Zone is virtually unplayable while the boss is pulled.

1 Like

Yeah, Nazjatar currently reminds me of what Azsuna was like when Withered Jim would spawn on Tuesday.

1 Like