Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

Tiragarde Sound, Boralus, and Zuldazar tend to have a bit of server lag, and it tends to be frequent in its occurrence. It is more the first two I mentioned than the third. It is just annoying enough that I tend to favor arcane over frost mage since the latter’s combo of instant cast spells won’t always fire properly if the server lag is present.

I’ve given up on them fixing it during BfA. Each time it happens I wish they would rip sharding out of their server setup. I also wish they would stop grouping people from very distant regions together, shooting my latency up to six times the normal value, when using the group finder. I am left to wonder if their work with layering in Classic might be favorable over sharding in retail.

Zuldazar zone for Durotan/Ysera server, I am having what seems to be 30s lag to commands issued then to my client. Moving to other zones is no problem at all.

I dual box and can see the commands going through on other computer. Doesn’t matter which computer I am using, and it seems to be random which toon this ‘lag’ is occuring.

…after couple hours of this occuring the problem seemed to just disappear. Additional note: had one …0319 error and server times if the toon had moved significantly it would get a quick loading screen.

Just to clarify, this was only occuring with one of two toons playing at the time and only in Zuldazar zone (once moved to Vol’dun or Nazmir there was no problem at all.

Trollbane/Malfurion server has been having the lag issue in Zulduzar with warmode off for the last 2 days. Guild chat and general is full of people complaining about it. Feel free to pull the general chat logs to see when it starts and how many people are talking about being affected by it.

The shards with the issue are completely unplayable with 30+ second input lag on spells and NPC interactions. Just using a hearthstone or portal has a 50/50 chance in resulting in a disconnect.

I only see this problem in Zulduzar, and only with warmode off.

Not sure why my topic was spliced into this topic…

So yesterday whenever in the Zuldazar zone there was a chance I would get upto 30s delay going back to the client to update the action was done.

Today I decided to do command table for all my toons. Alliance toons no problem done. Horde toons parked in Zuldazar there was an almost 50/50 chance I would get a delayed connection. Relogging sometimes almost 6 times in a row to a non-delayed connection. Funny part is, getting a delayed connection I would log out to re-log in again and the action that I would do would show just as it logged me out. Suspect if my toons went to another zone this delayed connection wouldn’t have been an issue.

I would imagine it was merged here because this is the main thread for that problem which has been happening off and on since the launch of BfA. They know it has to do with sharding but they don’t know what specifically and are doing a poor job letting people know a) that it’s a problem and b) what’s being done about it.

This is also happening to me this morning, on my Paladin, who is in Zuldazar. Everything has anywhere from a 10-60 second delay, despite good latency.

I rebooted my computer and modem, and did a UI reset to see if it was anything on my end, to no avail.

Every other character is performing fine; just the toons in Zuldazar are affected.

Hard crashed earlier on my Paladin when taking a flight path, and trying to leave Zuldazar on the Horde warship resulted in a disconnect, but now that I’m in Tiragarde everything is fine.

Glancing at the 500+ posts,

Character Experiencing Issue: all 52 of them
Realm Character is on: Durotan/Ysera
Zone: Zulzadar
Server Time: roughly 8amEST (jun1) don’t recall time on may30th (was an invasion ending during it)

Solution: relogging til the response from server wasn’t delayed
World lantency usually around 24ms.
Example of Issue: Flying two toons from Naz to Zul. Both toons land and one toon would seem unresponsive its controlling computer, while on other computer the same toon would do the action (usually mounting). 30s later the toon the toon would appeared to finally mount.

Note: The issue I experienced never occured in combat or all of a sudden. Only when logging into the Zuldazar zone or entering it via teleport/hearth/flight path.

I have been having this issue for weeks. Please fix this. It makes the game unplayable…

• Character Experiencing Issue: Valkyrieum
  • Realm Character is on: Moon Guard
  • Zone (Zulzadar/Boralus/Arathi/etc): Everywhere
  • Server Time When Issue Occurs: 12:42 PM (but basically all the time)

Experienced lag of 5 - 6 seconds on looting, 2 - 3 seconds on spell cast in combat in Zul’dazar on Jaedenar NA, c. 15:40 EDT. All other zones before and after were OK.

Characters: All
Realm: All
Zone: BfA instances and most battlegrounds
Time: Random, lasts for a few seconds or minutes

I’ve updated everything and tried every troubleshooting method I could find. It only happens in WoW and never happened until BfA. I put a an fps read out on my UI. Fps and latency are good. The game just locks up and won’t respond for a second or two when casting, then it’ll go back to normal, eventually. It’s making pushing Mythics almost impossible. Please fix.

If it is sharding or somehow has to do with the CLassic content, then they need to separate it out. It was my understanding CLassic would have its own server and all of that would be separate from the main account?

If not then this is likely causing all kinds of conflicts.

• Character Experiencing Issue: Pesmèrga (120 warrior), Coly (120 priest)
  • Realm Character is on: Both are on Proudmoore, but I experience on all characters, just these two I play the most. The other servers are Illidan and Farstriders
  • Zone (Zulzadar/Boralus/Arathi/etc): Will literally happen anywhere, in any zone and/or raid/dungeon I am in.
  • Server Time When Issue Occurs: No specific time, just a constant annoyance.
    I typically have between 40-45 MS for both home and world, even when I notice this happening. It’s been driving me nuts! Very sub-optimal rotations happen because of this.

I have been looking around for an answer on this since I started playing again at the start of BFA. I was wondering if it had something to do with a problem that, from what I have read, was introduced in 7.2 regarding the way that spell queueing was changed. Apparently people were using /console SpellQueueWindow X (typically 0-400) to adjust the way abilities were being queued, but that hasn’t made a noticeable difference for me. I hadn’t played since WoD and never remember this being a problem. For it to be a problem for this long seems a little ridiculous, though… I apologize if this does not relate to the actual problem at hand. This seemed pretty similar to the problem I am having.

Takes 30secs to 1 min to turn in a quest or try to do a Mission command table quest. Just took me about 2min to loot a Wayfinder’s Satchel. Lots of people commenting on the lag in General chat. ms world/home is 60 each - stormrage

1 Like

Ya - me as well (Tanaris/Greymane realms) - I assumed it was Comcast again but it seems something in the wow service is just freezing for 15-20 secs on a continual basis. Could barely even type into chat without having half the letters missing.

Have rebooted, restarted router - no joy.

same on Proudmore, turning on warmode helped some, not much

Identical problem with myself on two days, end of May and Jun 1, Durotan/Ysera server but only in the Zuldazar zone. Both times last maybe two hours, but both times it was 30s of delayed response from the server back to my client program.

It seemed though just logging out of the toon and logging back in there was like a 50/50 chance of getting a non-delayed connection. Note logging out wasn’t delayed and the action you did would seen just as you logged.

I did write a post on this but it was spliced with a longer post, which didn’t really match the issue I had.

You guys might wanna check out what is happening in Stormwind, Goldrinn realm.

Super ultra lag, everything has like a 5-10 second delay, mounting up, changing items on the bag, on the character, using abilities etc. Latency values show normal both home and world.

I noticed this happening for the 3rd time now, only happens in Stormwind. It’s happening right now, 02 june 2019 03:28pm local time, 11:28am PDT.

Are you predicting the future there, Porradaman? Its only June. If this is still happening a month from now, I have no hope for this game.

(sarcasm intended!!)

lol my bad
edited and fixed my post

Happening in Nazmir right now on. World/Local ping is normal but everything has massive lag.

Fix your broken servers Blizz!