Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

Just wanted to chime in and also say that on Dalaran-US the lag has been awful in Tiragarde Sound, in particular Boralus. Extremely long delay with everything. No lag whatsoever anywhere else.

Having same input lag reported on Dalaran-US.

Hey, wanted to post that this issue is not specific to Dalaran server. It’s been happening to me all night on Sisters of Elune, only in BFA zones. Earlier this morning when I was playing in Legion zones, no lag. Seems to me there’s some issue with whatever server holds those zones.

Tortollan world quests have been absolutely unbearable with the lag, trying to turn the turtle or move the crab is almost impossible.

Pretty much anywhere in bfa content is like this for me. I’ve tried swapping warmode on/off and it doesn’t help. I liken it to it makes the game feel like a turn based game. I have 10-12ms all the time on US-Zul’jin and yet it feels like I’m playing constantly on an Oceanic server or s omething. Mounting up or picking up herbs will constantly show 600-800ms on the castbar. Moves will repeat on me because its so lagged up server side by the time I finally get the ability off, I’ve been hitting it and ques up multiple of it. Its nearly unplayable at times and its beyond frustrating. Doesn’t matter what time of day it is or which bfa zone, they pretty much all do it to me constantly. This issue needs fixed ASAP, its making the game unplayable for me and incredibly frustrating. I can’t take it.

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| Linksys05744 - 0 | 372 | 372 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 |

| 96.120.25.69 - 0 | 372 | 372 | 7 | 10 | 25 | 9 |

|ge-1-43-ur02.nchicago.il.chicago.comcast .net - 0 | 372 | 372 | 8 | 12 | 27 | 14 |

|be-123-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast .net - 0 | 372 | 372 | 10 | 15 | 30 | 14 |

|be-33491-cr02.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast .net - 1 | 368 | 367 | 0 | 15 | 29 | 12 |

|be-10563-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast .net - 0 | 372 | 372 | 9 | 13 | 25 | 10 |

| 50.208.232.158 - 1 | 368 | 367 | 0 | 13 | 34 | 12 |

| ae1-br02-eqch2.as57976 .net - 1 | 368 | 367 | 0 | 19 | 237 | 15 |

| be2-pe02-eqch2.as57976 .net - 1 | 368 | 367 | 0 | 14 | 28 | 11 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 1 | 368 | 367 | 0 | 13 | 32 | 15 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

1 Like

shudders

I came back from a long break today, figured I’d level my 110 Paladin. Followed the quests to Drustvar and started getting bad input/loot lag. I did everything to reduce it, turned off addons etc.

Nothing worked.

I finally start googling the issue and come to a post made in April 19 only to see a blue post pointing to this thread from 6 FREAKING MONTHS AGO.

Really Blizz? 6 months and you haven’t fixed this yet?

I want my $15 back.

Stormrage server

I feel you dude. I am also on Zul’jin and I found FPS issues. But, I have found a slight fix to my problems. If you use addons, here is what you do:

Find your WTF/Cache/Interface folders and Cut or Copy/Paste them somewhere else (like desktop or something. Just make sure you delete the folders out of Wow. Then run Wow. This will force it to default, run like new, and recreate the folders again in wow. YES I KNOW THIS IS PRETTY STANDARD, but I am not done yet.

Check your framerate in game by hovering over you menu Icon. Also check your setting in advance tab to make sure your max FPS setting are maxed at 60fps (you can also do 30fps for lesser comps). If you are holding at least 30-50fps per seconds then you have a corrupted addon file, One you may not even be using any more. And this is how you fix it.

Go back to those old files you moved and find the Account/(AccountName)/SavedVariables folder in the WTF folder, also do that for the newly made folders too. This is where it can be a process if you want to keep your settings before you moved the folders.

Start with the addons you use the most. each time you reinstall a fresh copy of the addon, run wow. This will force it to make a new savedvariable file. Just exit out and look at the two folders. Copy/paste the old one on the new one if you want to get your saved profile setting back. Don’t worry about the .bak files. (in this process I found files of programs I haven’t used in years.)

Each time you log back in, check your FPS (let it sit and balance before you log out.) I know this sounds daunting but I didn’t do it all in one shot either. Take you time with it. Once done you Fps should hold steady better.

The Reason Why:
When you start wow it will try to load all addons and variables even though in game they are disabled, so if they are broken it will still effect the system. I went from barely holding 12-24fps in Great Seal to holding a good 30-50fps.

If that isn’t the case, go to Speedtest dot net and check your connection speeds.

If you do this and it doesn’t work, check your system settings and compare it to the Recommended System Requirements online. you might need to upgrade something.

If all of this doesn’t work then it might be either server side or time to buy a new computer (but that would be a very last resort).

I run a Alienware Aurora R3 with dual Raedon HD cards and I still get drops in raids after doing this but not as much, and dungeons run much smoother. It even runs smooth in PVP content. Like I said, a slight fix but it’s worth it to me.

Cmon, were paying 15$ a month for this and drustvar is a lag fest for the last 5 days. Everyone in all chat always talking about it. Heck, my mouse wouldnt even register for the flight master to catch a taxi because it was that bad.

2 Likes

Seems to me the affected realms with lag issues seem to be the ones with high/full realm populations

Seems the Drustvar lag has spread to Tiragarde as well, atleast on Stormrage with WM off. WM on seems fine.

1 Like

Atleast Stormsong and Tiraguard with WM off…you owe me repair bills for mechanics that can’t be dodged from the world boss on the mountain.

Yep, I play on Stormrage server. Over the weekend Drustvar was completely unplayable.

Today I log in after maintenance, hoping to find that Drustvar is fixed. Instead, Boralus is also in a state of bad lag.

1 Like

Are you guys gonna fix this issue? It’s been off and on since BFA started. Last week Drustvar was mostly unplayable. Now after reset all BFA servers are trash. Do you guys even care about player experience?

6 Likes

I’m also on StormRage, experiencing the same issue today.

4 Likes

Yea, this is ridiculous

3 Likes

Stormrage is near unplayable in Boralus. A shame when I work shift work and have just enough time to attempt emissaries during my work week. Even harder when it takes twice as long just for the lag.

1 Like

Not my tweet, but sharing it here since they are a fellow Malfurion/Trollbane player.

I’ll also add that it’s so bad now that you can’t even get into the city without disconnecting. I have been told that this type of issue isn’t unheard of, but this is the first time for my realm. (“Drustlag” was its own separate problem, so it doesn’t count.)

I really don’t want this to become the new norm. :crossed_fingers:

We really need more people to voice their concerns on the Tech forums. I got a response that said the issue is not that bad or they would be seeing more complaints. If you or your friends are experiencing lag, from just a little to being unplayable, we need to flood the forums with it!

1 Like

Getting High latency in the Kultiras and Zandalar zones. I can log my low level toons in and game plays fine in other zones. Get bad loot lag and delay in spells/abilities going off in the BFA zones