Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

Same on ED actions, sounds, and abilities are delayed by 15-20+ seconds

2 Likes

It seems all the joined servers including Maelstrom (of which I’m in), Twisting Nether, and the other servers that we’re all apart of have been experience a lag issue, without the latency of said users being abnormally high. It is primarily focused in Zuldazar, but I have gotten reports from the Broken Isles as well. Orgrimmar, and Kul Tiras are lag free.

It prohibits the use of the Flight Master Whistle, as the Pterrodax appears, but doesn’t pick the player up, and animations are delayed, as well as any casting spells, or actions, such as fishing. Interacting with NPCs is also on a delay, and mobs don’t aggro the player as the lag seems to be interfering.

If I get a friend on a (seemingly) unaffected realm to invite me to a group, I’m able to avoid the issue.

Yes big lag Ravenholdt/twisting nether US

Ah I see
I was in Zuldazar

Having the same issue here, on Emerald Dream - US. In Zandalar (Zuldazar/Great Seal) there is an insane amount of lag, but it goes away as soon as I take the portal to Orgrimmar.

1 Like

awful lag on twisting nether U.S. since server restart
everyone in general chat complaining

1 Like

Just adding my experience today on The Venture Co. NA. Significant, sometimes multiple full seconds input lag. Only happens in BfA zones for my Horde character. I switched to my Alliance character and it wasn’t there. But in Zulzadar, I’d cast a an ability and it would sometimes take upwards of 5 full seconds for anything to happen. I’m at 13 ms latency on a fast connection with constant 100+ FPS. Pretty frustrating.

probably anecdotal, but just turned wm on and no lag

1 Like

Crippling lag right now on Dal server world ms is sitting at around 3k+

1 Like

This seems to be zone specific. Zuldazar has 3-4 second delay on any action, my latency is normal. Flip over to Orgrimmar and no lag, come back to Zul and lag comes back, fly to Nazmir and no lag, same with Vol’dun. The only thing that has resolved the problem is switching warmode ON and LFG. Since I missed mentioning this previously, this is specific to the realm Maelstrom; at least for me. Joining a group through Group Finder works, best paired with taking over that leaders realm before they leave group.

1 Like

Same here, 5-10 second delays in Zul on my Priest, my monk did not experience any lag in the same place. Opening mail/AH takes about 5 seconds per item.

Note: this is with all addons on and off. I’ve even tried deleting the retail\cache folder. No dice.

EDIT: Turned warmode on, lag appears to be gone. Sharding issue?
Appears to 100% be on Blizzards end.

2 Likes

Looks like the same thing is happening to me. 311ms home, 51ms world, single-digit fps on Dalaran. All addons off. First happened in Zuldazar, then logged on with a toon in Org, and the same thing is happening.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this will help anyone, but I was experiencing all this and finally emptied my cache, wtf and interface folders, and also did some checking for updating drivers. Found out I was missing some graphics drivers, even though the website for the company said I was up to date. Used another source to check and it seems I was missing some key Windows updates as well.

After all that, I still get a little lag in major cities, but not nearly as bad as it was.
Still waiting for a new pc to be built, the good parts are pretty expensive. Hopefully I will get it done in June.

Good luck all

1 Like

We just started our raid 10 minutes ago on the Thrall realm and we’re having horrible spell/casting/ability lag. Everyone in the raid is experiencing it, even though we all have good MS. This is odd lag and makes it impossible to continue our mythic Blockade progression. We only have two nights per week to work on our raids and progression so this is very problematic for our schedule.

Please address. Thank you.

2 Likes

I was just doing world quests on another realm and same thing, Even though my FPS was near 100, weird. Is it a full moon tonight???

1 Like

Same here in Dalaran server. I’ve got less that 150 ms on home and world latency supposedly and my fps jumps all over the place. Impossible to complete WQs and people in general chat are complaining too so it isn’t just me. I think this is on Blizz’s end.

1 Like

Yeah I’m on Dalaran on my mage Morhalik in Boralus and I can’t even get the command table to open up, this is so beyond stupid at this point.

• I should also note that I can’t log in to Morhalik on the phone app either, it keeps timing out so whatever this is, it’s systemic. I can log in to my Horde paladin Cymoril with no issue on the app and no lag issues in game.
    *edit part two. I have two accounts, I’m logged in as Judex on one, Morhalik on the other, both in Boralus but apparently on different shards. They are both on the boat and I invited Morhalik to party with Judex as Judex was on the shard with no lag. It took a good 5 minutes or so but once Morhalik finally was in sync with Judex, no more lag on either character. No issues mounting, casting or anything. Both instances of WoW are running on the same PC so there is no questioning the computer or the internet connection at this point.

I don’t know of any other way to say it lads, fix your sharty shards.

Had issues on Dalaran server last night while in Tiragarde Sound(didn’t notice it in Stormsong at that point), and just logged in to find it feels even worse. I didn’t even try leaving Boralus today since even interacting with my mission table took ages. Tried a lower level character also on Dalaran server but currently in Stormwind, and I notice no lag on it.

Not noticing anything at all on my other realm either(Draka).

Same on Dalaran-US. Lag over all of BFA outside zones. Dungeons are fine, old content fine.

edit: warmode is fine everywhere.