Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

• Character(s) Experiencing Issue: Kyrana, Kolgran
  • Realm Character(s) is/are on: Sentinels-US
  • Zone(s): Drustvar, Nazmir, Zuldazar, Stormsong Valley, Tiragarde Sounde
  • Server Time when Issue Occurs: 12:30pm - 2:32pm (or current realm time)

I was world questing in Drustvar and my character was running around as if mounted, but no mount was visible. When I used the flight path I just swam through the air to Boralus. While in Boralus it was rather stable, aside from my mount not being visible. While in Zuldazar/Nazmir I had the waterstrider mount up and just ran across the water on foot.
I generally play melee, so ability presses and when they were actually happening was somewhere in the range of .5 seconds all the way up to 5-7 seconds per keypress. Not to mention looting mobs and quest objectives took about the same time as well as mining ore nodes and herbing.

My home and server latency were consistently hovering around 35ms. The only other time(s) I’ve seen this happen is when there’s a faction invasion going on, but not to this extent.

I did go into Nighthold on my warrior for some achievement progress and had no issues with lag/latency while instanced.

Worst customer service ever. No excuse for this for this length of time.

6 Likes

Second report for the day of ability/input/loot lag - Auto loot delay of 1-2 seconds after skinning a beast mob
Character: Maarok
Zone: Zuldazar
Realm: Earthen Ring-US
Time: 8:20 PM server time

Yesterday at night works perfectly fine for the first time since BFA lauch, now today the same problem again, what a joke, this blizzards servers become a indie company jokey 

Character Experiencing Issue: Sauloman
Realm Character is On: Dragonmaw
Zone: Kul-Tiras and Vol’dun
Server Time When Issue Occurs: After 5pm

Did notice longer the session the worse the lag gets. The later in the day the worse it gets. Morning to 4pm seems good and doesn’t exhibit ability lag as much.

Think that’s the key here. It only seems to show up during timeframes where the server might be just coming off of a peak or going into one, so it’s trying to scramble people around. I was playing with my paladin today and had no issues till about 130am PST. was stuck in combat till a buff went away and my holy power never decreased either (but it was just not displaying properly).

Whisperwind server. Top end specs. ~38ms at all times. I’m experiencing the same issues. This weekend it was pretty bad. Quests took 20+ seconds to register. Flying mount disappeared in mid air, leaving my char “running” in air. Abilities on hotbar would not activate. Relogging would fix the issue for a few moments, then it was right back to doing the same thing. Disabling addons didn’t have any affect.

Not sure if it is still worth reporting when the issue occurs

Character Experiencing Issue: Böbkat
Realm Character is On: Cairne
Zone: Azsuna
Server Time When Issue Occurs: ~6:24 pm Jan 14, 2019

Was quite prominent on Sunday but didn’t occur at all on Saturday (played way longer than I should have both days)

Frustrating when it occurs because health bar doesn’t update
 battling an Elite and had no idea where my health really was until I died. Then rezzing doesn’t work properly, forcing me to quit the game and re-enter.

I was on my rogue (Latte), on Turalyon Server experiencing this issue out of nowhere in the Zuldazar zone while leveling. Server time was between 8:00 - 9:15 pm

Edit:

Basically experiencing a wide range of issues, when unghosting my UI doesn’t update to reflect that my character is alive again.

combo points take forever to register essentially breaking the class combat flow entirely.

it takes forever to dismount when entering combat and even manually dismissing my mount takes a long time to finally register.

Let my sub run out due to this server lag.

They’ve acknowledged it’s on their end, and yet after nearly 4 months, have NO FIX.

It’s quite disgusting really, that the game we are paying for is often times not playable. As long as are subbed it will not be a priority.

It clearly isn’t a priority right now.

3 Likes

Chiming in with several issues regarding lag on Stormreaver, as a horde. Every 7 seconds, I will lose a few frames (which can be pretty jarring and annoying). I’ll have less then 80ms of latency and it’ll still happen. I’ll even switch to my Alliance toons on Nesingwary, and have no problems.

I want a refund on my past 4 months.

5 Likes

I’d be interested to see how this impacts countries with consumer protection laws, such as the EU and Australia. I took a two month break and have come back to unplayable mains. Tanking and healing is impossible, but DPSing is passable given Frost DK’s play style. Was a problem before I left, and still a problem now.

It’s been happening for 4 months in Australia (on the Oceanic servers) and I’m sure someone would of reported it, but nothing has come of it :confused:

But I am curious also.

3 Likes

It’s getting worse on staghelm.

Still happening on all my toons, now both in open world and instances. Would really like to see some kind of weekly update here Blizz.

Character Experiencing Issue: Jeroga
Realm Character is On: Aggramar
Zone: All open world zones and Dungeons
Server Time When Issue Occurs: ~0900 EST, 18 Jan 2019

Character: Ashaszun
Realm: Emerald Dream
Zone: Nazmir
Time: 1:50 PM CST (server time), Jan 18, 2019.

I was in warmode doing an assault and playing alone. When i went to attack something I was getting on average 2 seconds of input delay. I checked my latency and it was stable at 80 ms. After I finished the assault and hearthed back to Boralus the input lag was gone.

• Character Experiencing Issue: Hunturrdurr
  • Realm Character is on: Sargeras
  • Zone (Zulzadar/Boralus/Arathi/etc): Everywhere
  • Server Time When Issue Occurs: It has been happening randomly throughout the day, when it starts it gets so unplayable that I just exit the game and restart. My latency never goes above 20ms both home/world. This is so bad that it makes the game unplayable!!!

Character: Kainos
Realm: Moon Guard
Zone: Drustvar
Server Time: ~11:00 pm

This is the second time this has happened in Drustvar with this toon.

Character Experiencing Issue: Böbkat
Realm Character is On: Cairne
Zone: Azsuna
Server Time When Issue Occurs: 5:58 am Jan 19, and continuing now (6:18 am) despite restarts (I know that doesn’t matter).

Frustration grows in that gameplay is near impossible when this happens
 can’t swap gear or gain maelstrom (shaman), making battles near impossible. I can only imagine how bad this would be for other players that rely on combos, like rogues and druids. It is disheartening that Australia has already been dealing with this for over 4 months, and Blizzard still hasn’t fixed it. I know a blue comment said it needs more than a couple lines of code to fix, but they really need to put all hands on deck and get their act together, and give us more frequent updates. Letting us languish like this, posting these comments just feels like yelling in the wind. After the fiasco at BlizzCon and all of the other continuing bad news from Blizzard/Activision, it feels like we’re at the ‘E.T.’ level of game quality now. I guess I’m the fool for still subscribing to the game

1 Like