Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

So, there is no solution yet?

Is it even being worked on?

This has NOTHING to do with our end, and is entirely on blizzards end. I donā€™t need to give you a dxdiag or what realm/characters this is affecting me on. it is the entirety of NA and it is absolutely destroying this game. I canā€™t even function in arena with 1-2s delay or outright non-registered spells. You would think a massive company like Blizzard would be able to handle some servers but I guess not.

Unsubbed. Not because I hate this game. I love this game, but Iā€™m sick of giving you leeches my money.

7 Likes

Cancel your subscriptionsā€¦

2 Likes

Same problem in Drustvar on Moon Guard. Anything that needs to be picked up for quests doesnā€™t register for about 10 seconds. My mount doesnā€™t appear and, when using ferryā€™s, my toon does the swim emote instead of sitting in the boat. This is all with home/world latency of 34 ms.

This issue isnā€™t specific to US region. EU is having same issues since BFA prepatch.
This is server side lag and only Blizzard can fix it. But will they?

2 Likes

This is pretty bad for me right now in Darkwood Shoal in the North of Voldun. I canā€™t attack because Iā€™m always mounted, but my mount didnā€™t spawn.

Character: Sunshield
Zone: Voldun
Realm: Bleeding Hollow-US
Time: Approximately 4:35 PM server time

I think the lag is related to combat, I canā€™t generate Holy Power but I can cast Wake of Ashes, Blade of Justice or Judgment without a problem. But I canā€™t do Divine Storm.

After sitting here the game tells me I have 5 holy power, but I canā€™t cast Templarā€™s Verdict.

How are there no updates? Like does no one know what is going on with this. How can you leave the game in this broken state and not have an update. I think we have been beyond patient.

3 Likes

They know exactly whats going on. The Oceanic realms have been dealing with it since BfA launched and we have had blueā€™s back in September advising in the Oceanic equivalent of this thread that its related to their sharding/CRZ system but it needs a major patch to fix:

3 Likes
WinMTR Statistics

WinMTR statistics

Host % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
slingshot.DSL 0 1276 1276 0 0 2 0
No response from host 100 256 0 0 0 0 0
4610.syd.equinix.com 1 1265 1262 39 39 77 43
57976.syd.equinix.com 1 1272 1271 39 39 72 44
et-0-0-48-br01-eqsy4.as57976.net 1 1273 1272 39 42 159 48
et-0-0-0-pe02-eqsy4.as57976.net 1 1261 1257 39 41 105 39
103.4.115.248 1 1265 1262 39 39 44 39

All i can post wont let me post links etc.

Oceanic Frostmourneā€¦Drustvar. MS is normal 40MS

why would they resolve it? It helps the crummy play time metric they loveā€¦ Hey look investors at all the time playedā€¦ Ya i was playing while i waited 2-5 seconds for a spell or my mount or the quest or w/e as long as that Time metric is met this wonā€™t be fixedā€¦

1 Like

Game is absolutely screwed. Cancel your subs if this is affecting you. Only way to get the message across honestly.

4 Likes

Quests arent even updatingā€¦take like 1 min to update from collecting a item

2 Likes

New report of ability lag, specifically of my ground mount not materializing, and instead, my character running at mount speed:

Character: Maarok
Zone: Nazā€™mir
Realm: Earthen Ring-US
Time: 9:31 PM server time

The longer this goes on, the less inclined I feel to maintain my subscription past when my current active play time runs out.

1 Like

sadly i bought the Boat package so im stuck till that runs out and then i am also doneā€¦ Blizzard has destroyed the game i love and along with this constant blame that it is on our end when clearly its not has been the straw that broke my backā€¦ but i will keep posting my utter dislike at what they are doing to the gameā€¦

Guess this is never going to get fixed.

2 Likes

Todayā€™s report on ability/input lag - Maelstrom bar not filling up when using Rockbiter ability until after combat ends

Character: Maarok
Zone: Zuldazar
Realm: Earthen Ring-US
Time: 1:40 PM server time

• Character Experiencing Issue: Raevyna
  • Realm Character is on: Zulā€™jin
  • Zone (Zulzadar/Boralus/Arathi/etc): Dazaraā€™lor, the Underrot
  • Server Time When Issue Occurs: midnight - 2am

I actually have this issue that gets progressively worse in the evenings and when a faction assault is up even if Iā€™m not in the zone. My home MS will be 30, while my world MS will be 70 or higher.

Iā€™ve tried restarting when it happens and even power cycling my modem/router but when I get back on, there is no difference to my lag even though my MS shows low. i donā€™t have this issue in any other game.

You can use spaces, or hit the </> button which uses Preformatted Text and is a workaround so you can post the full thing. :slight_smile:

If theyā€™re not playing the game due to this issue, their play time metric wonā€™t go up and thus make them look worse.

Soooo tell me again why they want this to persist?

if you read the POST ppl are still playing through it are you dense??