Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

Again unplayable right now… FFS

3 Likes

I’ve been hit with this intermittently, and it’s happening right now. It starts small, with some loot delays, then ability delays, and works its way to quest credit delay, and eventually I mount, the mount never appears, but I move at mount speed. Trying to cast a spell nets a “You are mounted” error message.

Realm: Aerie Peak
Character: Talfryn
Zone: Drustvar
Time: Started at 7:47 pm CST, and is still ongoing. (Current time: 8:05 pm CST.)
Displayed latency: 39 ms (home) / 44 ms (world)

Drakuloth, I’m not sure if you’re still watching this thread but if its any interest to you or to help solve this problem I have found out how to trigger it at least for me and maybe you or whoever is working on the problem can replicate it themselves.

Sorry in advance this is probably going to get long.

The 2 worst times I have experienced this problem were when I started leveling in Eastern Plaguelands and just now while leveling in DragonBlight. The common thing between the 2 of these locations is that where I was questing, I was picking up quests in one zone and doing the quests in another zone then coming back to the first zone to turn them in.

The first time was at the border of Eastern and Western Plaguelands where the quest hub for the first part of Eastern Plaguelands is located on the border but is actually in the WP zone. After traversing the EP/WP boundry a few times thats when the lag like symptoms would start and continue until I exited the game for about 10 to 15 minutes. I eventually finished that area and contiued questing and didnt run into any other problems until I got to DragonBlight.

While doing quests for the Ice giant guy Ko’Char and the goblin thats there with him I ended up having to go into the cave that is just north of his location to do his quests. When entering the cave I noticed that just inside the entrance the zone changed to Crystalsong Forrest. After going back and forth between the quest givers and doing the quests inside the cave a few times I started having the lag symptoms again.

I don’t know if only crossing zone boundrys is whats triggering it or if its related to Sharding or CRZ or whatever else is going on in your net code but I’m pretty sure you will be able to replicate the problem for yourselves if you so choose to.

For all of us that are experiencing the problem I have found that completely exiting the game for 10 to 15 minutes flushes out whatever is going wrong with the net code and allows me to continue until I trigger it again.

hope that help[s

Just want to add to this thread that I started experiencing these issues last night. Home and world latency would spike separately (but never together). I get bad loot lag and ability lag. It’s intermittent but not constant.

Thank you.

same problems here

update: so after talking with blizz tech i did end up resolving my problems.

I have Killer network card -> setting ‘advanced stream detect: OFF’. If you dont see this option and you have a killer network card it might be because you have their old update software. You can get the new client on their website.
Disabled QoS, traffic anaylsis, and a couple other ‘network optimizations’ options in my routers (asus) settings. Also did a full power cycle on the modem, router, and pc. switched my laptop wifi from 5GHz to 2.4GHz frequency band.

I did all of that before trying again so im not 100% sure which one(s) actually fixed it. lol

Some time, oh you mean like 5 months…

That’s unacceptable for a pay to play game. Really any game that is released.

AND yes they have ‘addressed’ it but the updates we are getting are just generic ‘we are still watching’

It’s the uncertainty that is driving everyone batty.

Regarding toggling warmode, when I did this, it did nothing. So it’s certainly not my best chance.

I understand it takes time, money and effort to fix such major issues. I just don’t understand the lack of communication and the fact that they still have paying customers and haven’t made it cheaper or issued refunds to those who just cannot play.

I’ve stopped playing because of the lag which is disappointing because I was very excited for this expansion as I am with all expansions.

I’m watching the forums in hopes for an improvement so I can come back.

1 Like

Sometimes I mount, and my character just runs quickly but my character physically doesn’t mount. Then I have to manually dismount my character by removing the buff in order to attack. I play a WW in the open world, and 50% of the time when this kind of server lag is happening chi generators just don’t work properly and gives me the Chi many seconds later. So my world gameplay is just spamming one button. It happens at least 2-3 times a week, much more commonly if there’s an incursion/assault.

There has never been anything wrong with my latency. It’s been at 62-63 for the past 5 years I’ve lived in Florida. It feels like the servers just don’t have the resources.

I can’t play my character when this happens. Why is this not priority number 1?

1 Like

This happens to me as well, but only on Server Thrall, character Frostworm. When I play on my main server Alexstrasza I do not have the issue.

this lag tonight is unplayable for me. world ping jumps between 14 ms and 500 ms people jumping all over the place blizzard fix beta for azeroth already the next raid is suppose to come out soon :confused:

Cancel your subscriptions guys…

Only way they’ll do anything about it.

I did 3 days ago.

3 Likes

I have been having Rage/Combo point/Holy power generation issues and mounting issues since 8.1 launched. It happens all at once. It seems to happen once in a while randomly.

Blizzard, please, get it together.

I’m having the weird lag issue on & off - had it several times tonight, on both paladin & rogue. (my son on another computer has the same - it’s particularly noticeable on a character with combo points.) It will say I’m mounted, when I’m not - I fly around mounted with no mount, but at the same time, there’s no delay looting, so it’s not a typical lag situation.

Server Dalaran, both sides, eastern time

I think you have a different issue.

There are many forums about this issue. With no fixes.

It’s a server issue not a hardware issue.

3 Likes

Same lag issue. Skills aren’t updating UI, mount lag / sky swimming, etc. I’ll note this has been periodically going on for weeks. If I completely exit WOW and relog sometimes it clears up for a few minutes. Other times like today it doesn’t at all.

Character Name: Eridian (Alliance)
Zone: Dojani River (Pandaria)
Realm: Shadowsong
Time: 9:24 PM Pacific

2 Likes

I recorded what it feels and looks like, you can’t even play properly on some classes.

5 Likes

It just started for me at 6pm est.
Zomg
Thrall-US
Zandalar zone

Has been happening to me since Tuesday’s maintenance. I’ve been fine for the last 3 hours prior to it starting. Now I have the mounting bug, and issues with skills/quests, but no loot lag at all.

Yesterday I went through the entire checklist of fixes to try, but nothing has helped except logging out for like 10-15 min.

This is still happening for me. Most recent report:

Character: Matthiàs
Zone: Tiragarde Sound
Realm: Aerie Peak-US
Time: Approximately 4:45 PM server time

The fact that this issue has been allowed to go on this long unaddressed is absolutely inexcusable.

Character: Hakita
Zone: Drustvar
Realm: Drenden
Time: 8:08pm EST

I tried turning in a picking up a quest and the NPC would not ‘talk’ to me.

Hello? Blizz?

Any updates?

Fed up, we are.

1 Like

Good Luck they are too busy with the Lore and story BS to fix the base problems of Beta of azeroth…

1 Like