Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

It is a problem for so many of us, myself included, and at this point I’m ready to cancel subscription. I have posted in several other threads on this topic. As a long time IT professional with a background in a variety of networking technologies, the attitude and response of blizzard to essentially say “this is your local ISP/PC” problem is insulting.

As I write this response my current world & home latency (I’m in USA, California) on my realm (lightbringer) is in excess of 300 ms (as of 7:25 am PDT). I have no other streaming or active devices consuming any local (home network or ISP connection) bandwidth. My ISP is ATT U-Verse with 50mbs down & 5mbs up.

Current Oookla speed test while in game latency is showing excess of 300ms, is 27ms. Discord is showing 25ms. All addons have been disabled, I’ve deleted WTF folder and restarted, etc.

Game is completely unplayable beyond anything other than solo content. There’s no way I can heal or tank in a m+ with UI lag reaching 2 seconds, along with the steady lag off 250-300ms.

Terrible service, terrible response, all by Blizz. I don’t mean to call out or point a finger at anyone on this forum. Just saying - there is a problem and it has reached the point of cancelling subscription (for me).

3 Likes

I hope they announce this somewhere when they finally do get it fixed, I’ve unsubbed both my accounts and if I do bother to come back it won’t be until this garbage is resolved.

2 Likes

Ya … NO.

I just cancelled my subscription. Ill re-new once this is fixed. I’ll keep an eye on this dead thread.

3 Likes

I am unable to play for several days now due to this issue. This is not the first time it happened after a patch or some maintenance, but this is surely the longest time they’re taking to fix it. All my regression he’s Frozen for days and I am completely frustrated.

Having it’s happening to so many people and yet Blizzard telling us that this is a problem in our end is really insulting and aggravating!!!

I am wondering why I am paying for something I can’t play, so if by Tuesday’s maintenance it doesn’t get fixed, I am also unsubscribing.

1 Like

Obviously you didnt get enough information because its still happening 17 days later. I had to log off yesterday because it became unplayable and Im about to log off again today for the same reason

Character Grahrog

Realm Stormrage

Zone Western Plaguelands (warmode off)

Time right now 3:21 pm

1 Like

It’s been happening since the first night of BFA launch when they did some stuff with the sharding so the high pop servers wouldn’t crash. Many low pop and OCE servers have been disasters since. It’s just since 8.1 EVERYONE is feeling it.

3 Likes

This has been going on for awhile and it’s becoming very frustrating. Latency is normal but things like mounting, quests, health and loot are extremely crippled. It is happening in all zones and to all of my characters in the realm Mannoroth. I find that logging out and logging back in alleviates the issue temporarily but it quickly returns and for a game that I am actively paying for it should not be happening or atleast Blizzard should say something else other than “We are collecting data”.

Paying 20$ CAD a month… completely ridiculous.

Happening right now, worse during the horde/alliance invasions…

Note that it is worse on my alliance than on my horde player. Way worse.

Character name : Gorthak (Alliance) or Khandis (Horde)
Zon : Drustvar, Stormsong Valley.
Realm : Lightning’s Blade
Time : Right now, 7:00 PM.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue… turning in quests but the question mark doesn’t disappear, I mount and run at mounted speed, but I don’t actually see the mount, getting stuck in combat. Have to keep logging out of game and log back in to refresh (simply reloading doesn’t work).

Character Name: Raeign (Alliance)
Zone: Tiragarde Sound (Freehold)
Realm: Alleria
Time: 8:06pm server

Good luck getting this fixed. The Oceanic version of this exact same problem has been in game since BFA was released. We’ve had nothing but generic responses and useless crap from Activision.

Every now and then a moderator sticks their head in to say they are working on it.

2 Likes

Lag is worsening since patch 8.1 arrived as it is now hitting the high population realms.

I didn’t have these problems in beta and beta wasn’t optimized!

Other thread got closed and marked as “resolved”, but the lag problems are far from resolved. This has been an ongoing issue for months now. Many people have done WinMTR and traceroute tests. Multiple people have contacted Blizz and their ISP’s, with each saying it’s the opposing persons problem.

Are there any updates on the status of these lag problems?

/bump

I assume Blizzard is not addressing this? I’m trying to level an alt, and it’s painful. Abilities take 5-10 seconds to register, even though my world/home latency is showing < 45ms

blizzard has already addressed it. they know it’s happening, the issue is not trivial to solve, and a fix from them is going to take some time. for now, toggling war mode is your best chance to see it improve.

2 Likes

Nothing has done … same problem every time we enter at Phasing or CRZ, lagg + skills lagging + loot lagging … take off this **** phasing, CRZ , or make this optional to player on / off

4 Likes

Still seeing the input lag.

Yesterday, I saw a delay of twenty seconds in a quest dropping from my log in Silithus after I clicked the abandon button on a early 50s toon I was leveling there.

I have contacted Support about this, and have done modem power cycles, IP release & renew, DNS cache flush, and a UI reset along with getting rid of UI addons, and nothing has helped.

Please fix this!

2 Likes

I understand they probably have plenty of work to deal with here, but I hope it doesn’t take until another major patch to fix this. I might let my sub drop for awhile if that’s the case and that’s certainly something I haven’t done in years now. But I don’t see much reason to pay for this game if I can’t even play it properly.

Seems that the issue loves making itself known during peak times or the morning (for me). When I played it really late at night, the issue seems to be not present at all. Got multiple characters across many servers and saw the same pattern. Low, medium, high, even FULL will all have it at the same time.

They just need to end the garbage that is “crossrealm” and “sharding”. The game has too many servers and not enough people on most of them. Just merge them. I mean seriously why even have ones for “new player”, just put them on actual populated servers so they can ask the questions and get the right answer. . . or troll responses.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me.