Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency

• Character Experiencing Issue: All of my characters
  • Realm Character is on: Stormrage
  • Zone (Zulzadar/Boralus/Arathi/etc): Nazjatar/Eternal Palace
  • Server Time When Issue Occurs: Most of the day, it’s nearly always having issues

I just don’t get it man i have an insanely fast internet and my Home/Realm latency is always in the 15-20’s yet once i start casting abilities in certain zones there’s just a really annoying delay after pressing the button that is absolutely tanking my performance, it’s nearly unplayable. I didn’t have this a month ago in BoD

So this lag issue from Dec 2018 is back? I wondered about the lag I was having in Tiragarde Sound while doing the Tortollan shell game and then again on the shore where the Naga Attacks were happening earlier this evening.

Once I finished fighting the lag boss and got completion for those other quests, I moved onto Drustvar but had no lag there at all. So it appears to be specific for where I started in Tiragarde and not necessarily all over the map.

I did think it might be my system but nothing else is being affected by the Wow game lag nor did I experience lag in Naz while doing the WQ’s there for my dailies.

Character: Nyls
Server: Anvilmar
Zone: Tiragarde Sound
Server time: early evening EST (estimate because I posted and in-game bug report then went on with what I planned to do).

My own opinion is that it was server side and not client side as it occurred only in Tiragarde and no where else on the map or in other zones I visited.

This issue is getting worse and worse in Boralus and Tiragarde Sound. I play on Proudmoore primarily and the lag delays are crazy. I run about 50 FPS in Boralus and 100+ in Tiragarde with 35MS world and home and I am seeing SO many delays. Sometimes I am seeing it in parts of Azshara as well.

Examples of what happens…
-Herbs constantly go to my mail because I can’t loot them properly
-Portals in Boralus take 4-5 secs to do anything
-Casting is overlapping because it’s catching up to the lag

I am grateful I haven’t seen this problem in the new raid but it’s still really bothersome, especially because its getting worse. Time of day doesn’t matter. it’s happening all the time!

Currently still seeing this in Boralus and Tiragarde Sound. People in chat are commenting on it. Their servers include Sen’jin, Quel’dorei, Cairne, Perenolde, Eitrigg, and Muradin.

In the past I never would have thought Blizzard of call game companies would let this kind of bug persist.

Oh! I just thought my internet was acting up…

I’ve seen a little of this in the new not-underwater zone. I’m on Malygos.

Networking is hard, and I’m sure that some functionality is being merged from the understanding learned from the new Classic code. … so… now we’re all in beta!

Before I knew this was a game wide issue I was only having this problem on SC so I actually put in a ticket and asked for free character transfers off the server. Of course they said they couldn’t do that, I expected that but you never know right? Anyway, this is one sentence from the response I got from the GM:

_As well, we’d definitely appreciate your reports about latency on Scarlet Crusade as soon as it happens. There’s a persistent technical issue that’s been ongoing for a while where the servers act up, and it’s been very resistant to our fixes. This post has more information on what’s going on and how to report it: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/known-technical-support-issues-updated-may-18-2019/22909/5_

Ok so “it’s been very resistant to our fixes” tells me they really do not know why it is happening. That isn’t a good sign IMO to ever getting this fixed. Now, just a few days ago I had a weird rollback happen on Turalyon, a GM even confirmed it happened because it made a quest item become “stuck” so he had to unstick it so it could apply to an achievement. The post I made about it in CS is here Is My Toon Bugging? and if you check my final post you’ll see it happened again. I can’t help but think it is related to this “persistent technical issue” causing the lag with no lag.

All actions, abilities, interactions, etc. within the game are extremely slow. Chat on the other hand is instantaneous and reported latency is 54/54. Not usre what’s going on, but the game is unplayable.

Reloaded the game, didn’t help.

Got DC’d tying to take a flightpath to Boralus, landed and DC’d. When I logged back in, I was on the FP again.

just happened to me inside Freehold dungeon
*not just me, but the whole group

SEVERE lag in Nazjatar reported by everyone in chat. 101 / 101 ping since im playing from europe.

Playing on Stormrage US server. Started happening since daily reset.

This is a different kind of lag mate.

I know its different kind of lag because my ping is always approx 100 / 100

Also happening in Lightbringer. Almost everyone from my guild who was logged on was experiencing the same lag. It apparently depended on the zone. BFA zones obviously were the worst. :/:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Proudmoore player here to add in my experiences. I don’t have a great ISP but I’ve had no trouble with BFA until the opening of the new zones.

I can no longer raid, M+, arena, basically anything that requires stability. I’ll frequently be looking at complete stoppage for 4 secs while looking at 65ms home and world.

Same issue, since BFA launch Occasional but will happen 5 times at least for a 1 hour session.
Character name: Khandis
Realm: Lightning’s blade Zones: all BFA zones, especially when horde and alliance invasions are out and I am in that zone.
Server time: Any time… mornings, late nights, etc.

With the news zones out and new patch I now see the WORLD MS going UP.
That is something that I didn’t see before. I had the lag/delay, but no MS change.

Now I see it go up. Home is fine. Only WORLD MS is going up, to random numbers under 250. Never higher than this.
Annoying when it is 50 and and unplayable when it is 100 and up.

WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS?

I’ve had similar issues over the past week or so. Teammate/enemy abilities go off around me, and I can read chat, but my abilities are severely lagged. Sometimes things return to normal, sometimes the entire game freezes up. Those times it looks like I lagged out- I can move, but there is obviously no connection and I cannot exit the game, I have to force close it to resolve the issues.

Our guild participated in the new Naz raid last night and several times my screen would just freeze and when it unfroze I was standing in one of the puddles left and promptly died. Before it froze I was in a different position and not affected by that particular attack…so yea, there was some significant issues.

I was not the only one to experience this “lag-stop-lag” release problem either. The raid was called after the third platform at the second boss in that water portion of the instance because it was really obvious we were fighting more than just the boss and the raid mechanics.

Just wanted to chime in here and say I am having the same issues. It’s a bad hop going to a tokyojp? Last night my ping shot to 2k and 4k, I had to log off, 100k from level 120, pretty upset. Hope this gets resolved soon. I ran a tracert when I woke up this morning and it was still showing 500 - 600ms.

Every single time I level up, cross into another zone, get an achievement, unlock a dungeon or anything, the game totally freezes for an average of ten seconds.

I’m getting tired of the game freezing for ten seconds every time I earn something. And I want to see the lights go off around my toons when I level up, I like that visual. Now It freezes and when it comes back it’s over. Ugh blizz.

When is this being fixed? This is the most absurd bug. Nobody wants this. Whatever “feature” is causing this, is not worth what it’s doing.

FIX YOUR GAME

1 Like

Based on some experiences earlier, I’m starting to suspect that sharding is causing it.