Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid Finder Wing 4 Now Live!

Well, you miss my first comment on this thread…

The reason LFR wing delay was done in Throne of Thunder was because Lei Shen was pitched as a monstrously hard boss that Blizzard expected most guilds would not defeat early, even on Normal (which would be analogous to Heroic now). He was literally the exception, and therefore caused an exceptional move.

Normal mode currently explicitly exists as a significantly easier version of any raid that all but the ultra casual should finish in week 1 or week 2.

2-week delays per wing with the raid only being fully available after 1.5+ months has nothing to do with Determination, or the reasoning why they delayed LFR’s release back in Throne of Thunder. Even the reasoning they used for that does not apply currently in any way, because Normal mode’s entire purpose is to cut that off.

1 Like

BWL v3.0 here we come :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

The raid finder release schedule is way too long. It’d be better if you gave a wing every week for 4 weeks. There’s no reason to delay LFR as long as you do.

3 Likes

I got u! :man_mage: :man_cook: :bread: :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

1 Like

I think LFR needs to be taken is one of two directions:

1. Full access day one, but no determination stacks and reduced requirements to kick people. This way it becomes a queueable difficulty under normal but you still have to actually learn the fight.

2. Make LFR a solo scenario with NPCs, gives one piece of loot for the first time completing the whole raid per character and is just called Story Mode. The bosses would be much shorter in length but still do their mechanics. This lets players see the story of the raid and dip their toes in the mechanics, but still directs them towards an actual difficulty in order to acquire loot.

If anyone has done LFR recently you should know why LFR should exist. It’s basically a containment raid for LFR heroes. I dont want to say all LFR players are bad, but some people probably shouldn’t be in a normal+ raid.

I already have Pictures of the Shadowflame Spells and Earth(of the Cosmic Force of Order) Spells from the Raid Bosses so I’m satisfied.

As you can guess I like to catalogue each “Element” I can get my hands on and file them away on my computer for Science’s sake.

Love Kazzara the Hell forged be cool if he was a mount you could earn.

Oh that’s rich coming from a Blood Elf! I’ve literally heard y’all joke about barbecuing Tauren! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This made me giggle as a very bitter Mage player. I thank you lol.

I would argue that heroic raiders are the ones who are clearing normal between 1 and 3 weeks.

actual friends and family guilds that treat normal as their endgame raiding can definitely take longer. I’ve been in both kinds of guilds.

casuals yes… but the story will be on youtube by the time it is cleared on the PTR.

There’s more to experiencing a raid in a real setting than just the ending cutscene.

You should get LFR mog sets when you collect heroic or mythic sets.

I dont do LFR but I understand that mythic and heroic raiders taking gear away from people whos primary end game is LFR is a thing just because they want the mog.

Easy fix. But probably wont happen because reasons.

Nice, more reskinned old content with a different narrative! Can we just call this Cataclysm 2 instead?

This ‘Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible’ raid you are talking about:

Is it a Mage free zone? Because nothing but radio silence on that class.

Remember how Cataclysm left the dragons in a state of loose ends with everything? It’s crazy to think they’d want to finish this out as a new DEV team that isn’t trying to make us deal with the ‘coomer’ whatever-his-face-was from Sh*tlands. Just be happy we have a good storyline for once and that we’re getting consistent changes. Some people can’t ever be happy, I swear.

Do we’ve to wait for LFR?

I beg to differ. I’ve been in groups with substantial stacks of determination.