AAMS Service Line - Bnet Community

After the success of this year’s ball, I am leaving the bnet community we set up open for continued use for the server.

We intended it primarily to be used for people who wanted a shared community for using the Cross RP addon, as that requires a community with a #Relay channel, but it can also be used just for general chat if you’d like.

Please note that even though myself and my officers are moderators, we don’t intend to be constantly monitoring discussions. We manage as a server just fine without anyone policing AllianceOOC and HordeOOC, so I’m trusting we can continue that trend.

The current invite link is https://blizzard.com/invite/M4Ye7lkuOYZ

If that link goes out of date, please just poke me to update this post.

If you have suggestions for channels you’d like to see, please let me know, though I’d like to keep the community as basic as possible to avoid confusion or unnecessary bloat since more channels=more things people have to opt into watching.

If you’d like to use the #relay channel for Cross RP, you can download that addon here: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/cross-rp

Please read the FAQ there if you have questions about how to use the addon; it also gives you instructions on how to set up your own Bnet community and #relay channel if you’d like to have a more private RP session (For instance, the AAMS has a guild-only community we use for cross faction guild meetings)

1 Like

Sending this back up to the top of the page.

1 Like

Cross RP has been broken by 8.1. Blizzard removed one of the key commands needed to make the addon run; right now no addon can read guild or community chats.

I’ve created a couple of RP chat channels if anyone would like to use them for cross-RP communication. Don’t forget you can move community channels into your main chat window for ease of use!

The maker of the addon has put up a post on General if folks would like to weigh in on the subject.

1 Like

Blizzard’s put in an “Elixir of Tongues” from a vendor in the Underbelly in Dalaran (presuming it’s the Legion Dalaran, but it could be Northrend too?).