A workaround for racial change

It’s sort of situational. Healing Paladin bubbles are very nice to have for capturing/defending nodes, or countering offensive cooldowns during EFC pushes.

I mean every AB node fight and wsg fight plays like that with just one priest that knows how strong uncapped AoE CC is. This situation is doable each spawn

I encourage all priest/wars to do this you will win more team fights in BG’s. Its effective starting fights and mid fight straight to the back line healers.

I played on server where you could do that. Everyone picked orc racial. Go figure.

1 Like

These races are distinguished by the abilities specific to them. Otherwise, they’d be nothing more than a stylistic choice.

When it comes to Racial abilities. Horde have Will of the Forsaken and the Orc Stun Resist. Outside of those, the overall racials are crap compared to the Alliance.

Got WotF which counters Warlocks, Warriors, Priests, and anything that fairs incase I forgot one. And it isn’t a preemptive thing either, you can pop it reactively after you are hit with it.

Then you go the Orc stun resist which can stack to be pretty strong. While the +AP boost Mortal Strikes you too.

Outside of that,

Got Warstomp which breaks feral forms and resets swing timers since it is on a cast time for a 2 second AoE stun. Feral can chain this with Regrowth for a quick heal but largely meh.

Then you get +5% health, at 10,000 health that works out to 500 life, meh. Then +15 Herbalism like what does that do? Then the Night Elf, gets Shadowmeld and even if I can’t use it in form it still boosts druid stealth levels and plus 1% dodge which is better the more you have and generally great.

Then for the Trolls with Berserking which is 10% unless you are hurt, then you got the passive, “I am regenerating 6 MP5 and there is nothing you can do about it”. And +1% crit with bows.

Compared to Dwarves, They get +1% crit with guns to match that bow buff and Engineers can actually make them. Then you got Find Treasure which ranks up just above +15 Herbalism on the usefulness chart and then their Stone Form. Plus 10% Armor while clearing and becoming immune to Bleeds, Poisons, and Diseases for the duration. Good way to make rogues and druids rage and a good racial for rogues to combine with Cloak of Shadows in TBC to be someone who is about guaranteed to escape since ain’t nothing and to stick to them to prevent that vanish. While also a fantastic tanking talent.

Then we got Gnomes with +5% Intellect which gives all the stuff that scales with it a buff also beating Tauren +5% life. Then you got the Escape Artist which is again a reactive ability and decent then the +15 Engineering which makes their trinkets stronger than anyone else’s and having dragons 3 levels higher than they are. Really fun to stealth up on.

Then you got Humans +5% Spirit which is good for casters, +Sword and Mace skills which is good for Warriors, Rogues, and Paladins. +Reputation gains which is better than +15 Herbalism still and their perception which is ungodly powerful against Rogues and Druids and I have had Humans in TBC spot me from 25% yards with us both being level 70 and me being talented for max stealth level while wearing a pair of boots that boosted it some more.

So yes, WotF and Orc Stun are really strong and debatably too strong, and the main reason why WotF is considered as such is because Fear itself is overpowered which makes anything that counters it more so. But the other racials are generally mediocre to crap while the Alliance have something decent across the board.

actions have consequences, want different racials then reroll

I wouldn’t. I’d go with Perception or Stoneform.

I for sure do miss orcs with my hammer, but not nearly as often as people make it out to be. I honestly can’t think of a single time when I needed it and it didn’t work.

Personally, I can’t think of a time I needed it and it did work.

Thankfully my battle plan on my Paladin does not rely on HoJ. So its just added bonus when it does work now.

Really?

I wonder if it is from having so much spell hit from ninja’ing caster gear for the crit. I honestly have no idea.

Like, it works more than it fails, just always seems to fail if it would actually be useful lol.

Wouldn’t race changing be changing your appearance, though? You stated a reason against your own argument :woman_shrugging:

An orc with Will of the Forsaken is just stupid.

1 Like

Imagine having WOTF and Stoneform.

BOW BEFORE YOUR PALADIN GOD.

For the Tauren Rogue! 'I AM SNEAKING UP ON YOU!"

Obvious and not funny troll, on a maximum-level Modern character. 0/10.