A Thread About Limited Likes

Do they weigh over 5 lbs each? Or is that just a warm up?

Warm up. Afterwards is 3 PB and J’s, a bottle of wine, and crying in the cold shower with a bucket of Rocky Road icecream.

3 Likes

I like the way you think.

But it’s cold where I live. Can I substitute the cold shower for a lukewarm bath instead?

1 Like

Just got stopped at 49 likes. Says wait 5 hours. Guess I’ll go do something else .

1 Like

Hmmm… yeah, that sounds pretty fair. But not too warm, or else your ice cream will be really thick milk.

1 Like

But I want to like this post now!

And for free!

I’d like your post but I’m currently all out.

Psst. Hey Swift. Want to like something?

Switch to an alt!

Likes seem to be bound to characters, not your account.

No word on if this is intended or not, but I suppose we can always just wait for the blue.

1 Like

I hide my thin mint cookies in the freezer. The combination of them being frozen with the minty chocolate flavor is so good.

Sometimes I crush them as well to sprinkle them on things as they crush really well when frozen.

3 Likes

Woman you are too funny! Thanks for the chuckle! :rofl:

1 Like

Hm, I’ll have to try that. Sounds wonderful.

As for why we likely only have a limited number of “likes” is so that we’re forced to use them wisely as some of the forums functions based on likes. With unlimited likes, people would like each other to create an echo chamber to drown out other voices. With limited likes, they’re unable to do so to the extent they were able to before.

An example is when you click on “summarize view” on the first post where it’ll hide a bunch of posts and will mainly show the liked posts.

Makes sense, I just think that the numbers need to be tweeked.

They’re unlikely to tweek it as reaching level 2 gives an increased number of likes you can give out.

Glax over on CSF said that they were looking into it and would be tweeking it based on how it affects the community. So while they might not, they are at least aware that it is an issue and will adjust if needed. It’s the one thing I currently don’t like about the new forums, but I will get used to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree and if you do really find something worth talking about you can also just reply like this. Well said Alacialuun!

1 Like

You’re smart, handsome for a corpse, and we like you. If I can’t give you love on Jamaila, this toon can!

edit: Not that I have any idea who you are, posting on an alt.

: )

1 Like

I gave you a limited like my friend.

Let’s get on the like machine guys I’ll like you if you like me. xD

They changed it so you only need 1 like- given and received. The hurdle is 15 days “visited”. I’m at 1 day.

edit: Has anyone else noticed our toons have individual post counts? How else am I supposed to identify sock puppets?

Skip the shower, go from bottle of wine directly to the ice cream, it’ll all makes sense when you’re eating your ice cream and it’s not running down the drain.