A Thread About Limited Likes

While I think the OP was a bit over the top and trolly… He does have a point, the limited likes (and flags) is the one thing I am not liking about the new forums. It just seems like it isn’t really needed, and/or set way too low.

7 Likes

I would like this post if it wasn’t timegated.

3 Likes

I agree – the limit seems rather silly and arbitrary. But I’ll readily admit that I don’t know enough about why it’s present to make a call on that, and my first instinct is not to shout, “ZOMG FORUM TIME-GATING!” as others seem wont to do.

Hopefully that’s something that the forum devs can adjust over time.

Glax over in CSF said that it is something they can adjust and that they are looking into it. They want to see how it effects the community before they adjust it though. So it is at least being tracked.

$4.99 to like this page.

6 Likes

I don’t like not being able to spread my likes around. Unless I’m going senile, the requirement for 30 likes for trust level 2 is gone. Since it no longer means much of anything to the levels (the other requirements for lvl 3 are a far higher bar) it should be removed, or the number of days lowered.*

In 14 more days I’ll be able to like more posts, after 10 years of posting here. Yay.

My stats say 1 day visited.

edit: *added this sentence

1 Like

I suddenly remembered the 2 boxes of Thin Mint cookies I have up in the pantry. Time to gain 10 pounds, I guess.

1 Like

Do they weigh over 5 lbs each? Or is that just a warm up?

Warm up. Afterwards is 3 PB and J’s, a bottle of wine, and crying in the cold shower with a bucket of Rocky Road icecream.

3 Likes

I like the way you think.

But it’s cold where I live. Can I substitute the cold shower for a lukewarm bath instead?

1 Like

Just got stopped at 49 likes. Says wait 5 hours. Guess I’ll go do something else .

1 Like

Hmmm… yeah, that sounds pretty fair. But not too warm, or else your ice cream will be really thick milk.

1 Like

But I want to like this post now!

And for free!

I’d like your post but I’m currently all out.

Psst. Hey Swift. Want to like something?

Switch to an alt!

Likes seem to be bound to characters, not your account.

No word on if this is intended or not, but I suppose we can always just wait for the blue.

1 Like

I hide my thin mint cookies in the freezer. The combination of them being frozen with the minty chocolate flavor is so good.

Sometimes I crush them as well to sprinkle them on things as they crush really well when frozen.

3 Likes

Woman you are too funny! Thanks for the chuckle! :rofl:

1 Like

Hm, I’ll have to try that. Sounds wonderful.

As for why we likely only have a limited number of “likes” is so that we’re forced to use them wisely as some of the forums functions based on likes. With unlimited likes, people would like each other to create an echo chamber to drown out other voices. With limited likes, they’re unable to do so to the extent they were able to before.

An example is when you click on “summarize view” on the first post where it’ll hide a bunch of posts and will mainly show the liked posts.

Makes sense, I just think that the numbers need to be tweeked.