A Thought On Neutral RP Events

According to my sense of humor.

I can understand the concern there, but I’m fairly sure people could clearly see that the character was a bigoted, mysoginistic person with fascist tendencies when they acted as such- no matter how good and just the character claimed to be.

Also, the player would be just as much a fascist in reality even if their character(s) tended to be more tolerant, didn’t express backwards views, and behaved in an all around more egalitarian manner.

Ehh I’m a bit hesitant to dismiss the notion outright, my point is just to give people a chance and not base your opinion of them immediately and entirely on their character.

Bigots and the like can be weirdly good at hiding it for long stretches of time.

1 Like

You guys are way over thinking this.

3 Likes

I think my only character not leaning towards wanting to be far far away from the Horde right now is my Forsaken, who’s generally just… uneasy about what everything right now means. He’s unsure about the Forsakens place in the Horde, about their place in the world at large, and what will happen if they lose this war. He doesn’t like the war, but he doesn’t want to stop living, and he’s absolutely terrified of the consequences of what will happen afterwards if the Forsaken don’t win. Have they truly worn out any welcome they had on Azeroth? He doesn’t plan on finding out what lays beyond for him.

3 Likes

Going off-topic, but any relation to Mumsie and Upright, a Forsaken couple from waaaaaaaaaaay back when? Used to run with Stormrise Warband?

I used to RP with them back in the day, when the server was new - when she yelled about clean undies I used to DIE laughing. After I came back from a break and learned that they left I borrowed her name because I always loved it and her RP hijinx.

1 Like

I dunno man, I’ve almost never met a male orc warrior whose player didn’t turn out to be an insufferable jerk OOC. I do think certain character types do attract certain personalities. This is an unpopular opinion, I know, but there’s a reason male orc warrior bingo was a meme for a while.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it still is, Mal. They just have to share room with human male paladin’s, now.

1 Like

There’s absolutely overlap, yes.

Male Orc Warriors are just Male Human Paladin Horde alts

4 Likes

Yes, you may. Provided it finds you worthy of the honor. Don’t worry, it won’t eat you! At least if it’s not a carnivore. Just you know …don’t show fear. And definitely do NOT turn your back.

Otherwise, you should be fine!

Though this depends on how trained they are when you encounter them… by the time I’m ready to unleash them, the dino army should be quite disciplined.

Also: Raises anti-meteor defence system :gun::t_rex:

Also: Raises anti-meteor defence system :gun::t_rex:

Squints

Well … looks like I’ll have to see about training all these monkeys to eat eggs then.

Squints intensely

Why would monkeys ever need to eat eggs?

I’m sorry but the imaginary cause and effect stuff people make up in this game really should stop.

You play X so you’re Y in real life and are guilty until proven innocent.

How is that fair? I mean joking is fine, and some characters attract certain types, but claiming certain parameters in game make things assumable about someone’s OOC traits is harmful. Cannibal, one of the most helpful and kind people I’ve ever met, that many people here respected, was a male orc warrior.

Except he wasn’t. He was a 20something human man from Nevada. Because this :poop: ain’t real.

14 Likes

Every last person in this thread is smart enough to tell players who think mass murder is evil from those who think mass murder is cool and good, actually.

And I don’t think we’re all geniuses here.

4 Likes

cough

Maybe rethink that statement? Or meet more RPers.

4 Likes

The reasons why I don’t bother anymore. The only passion that’s really left in people is a lot of anger. It’s in several boards besides this one. (GD, MMOC, WoWhead)

A lot of safe places for lore have become unsafe reeeal fast. Not like anyone gets doxxed for playing or thinking a certain concept, but I’ve seen far too many people be labeled fascists in this current expansion.

10 Likes

i main a human paladin and alt a mag’har warrior but i can confirm this

look all rogues are absolutely insufferable and i’ve yet to be convinced otherwise, how did those gremlins even evolve to use keyboards let alone pay a subscription fee

1 Like

YES please listen to this people, I have seen too many threads get real weird real fast on this server from people thinking this…

5 Likes