A Thought On Neutral RP Events

I’m sorry Malakota. I’m done discussing with you since you’re now accusing me of insulting you, which I have not done. I’m truly sorry you’ve been harassed in the past.

Currently, I’m having a conversation with Enekie.

2 Likes

Okay, but do me a favor and stop pretending you have a shred of actual sympathy for what I described because by attitude and word, you’ve proven you don’t.

What is your choice of non-alcoholic comfy drink for your mug? Tea, coffee?

1 Like

Tea’s simpler to make so that’s my go-to. English breakfast with almond milk.

I do get that (and it’s happened to me on my Blood Elf, too) and it sucks because stereotypes and abusiveness do intersect, as you pointed out.

But I think we’re both circling around the same subject here. The conversation can’t be about “who they are” so much as “what they do.” No one’s advocating that Orcs should be barred from all RP, for example, but I think it’s important to recognize that calling out crappy behavior is something that needs to be done, sometimes especially in the communities that have been saddled with bad reputations.

And that’s not entirely the sole dominion of Orc RPers. It’s on everyone to push back. But when bad behavior isn’t called out, then it always has a safe spot to run back to. Toxic Orc RPers, in this instance, have benefited immensely from people who carry water for Orcs and interpret any criticism of that behavior as “orc bashing.”

I’m not accusing you of doing that, mind you. But I do think when we quibble over semantics, we give that behavior a lot of room to fester.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with the harassment you did. The Orc communities in general seem to have a lot of unfortunate problems - hopefully in time they’re rectified and the bad apples who turn RPing with an entire race/class/gender into something not at all worthwhile are pushed away.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I think we’re basically on the same page that people who harass others are jerks, and stereotypes and abuse are crappy.

Edit. I misunderstood Malakota’s meaning. My bad. :open_mouth:

I think this is ultimately it. Stereotyping an entire demographic is not cool. Harassing others is not cool. Both behaviours are bad, and should be called out where applicable, though we should ALWAYS respect player’s rights to RP with whoever the heck they want to. But nobody on any side of the fence needs to be toxic about it.

3 Likes

You’re missing the point and you’re not reading what I said.

I said there is not much truth to what’s said about elf players. There is a difference between saying “orc players as a group tend to…” and saying it about elf players, because the basis from which the reputation operates does not happen nearly as much with elves. I was not dismissing it as an issue. I said it is not the same issue.

This is unbelievable. I flat out said “elf stereotypes have little basis” and you’re coming in swinging. Are you just upset I called you out on being mean to Zhiifang?

I think I’m just about done with this because I’m getting tired of people deliberately misreading or ignoring what I’m saying or skipping PAST what I’ve said to continue the same lines of scolding.

2 Likes

I’ve had similar experiences with harassment Malakota. Since i’ve been Alliance since for almost a decade, and have only made a Horde toon recently, it’s been on the other side of the fence, especially the human paladins (extra pain for Scarlets and guards). I’ve gotten much the same result as you did here when I bring it up. Defense or indifference.

These issues are systemic in WoW’s community, both RP and otherwise. Honestly, I have no idea on how to actually challenge and end this.

1 Like

Yeah okay, I misunderstood what you meant. My sincere apologies. I retract my statement and will edit it to reflect this. :smiley:

I also wasn’t being mean to Zhiifang, just expressing my perspective. Either way, it was certainly not my motive for responding. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a fellow male Human I agree. Yes I said that stereotypes are but we also have to be real and understand they are going to happen.

Now! Back to business! When we all getting together to talk about putting Sylvans down? How about my characters house?

A very intense thread, ty all for the insight. As you can see, I did read the responses with great interest.

…well if you do, send me an invitation? I can conjure some refreshments for the guests.

1 Like

This is a pretty good thread. To me OP, it comes down to location. I agree with you that being neutral in this current timeline would be something that isn’t openly talked about. Better to be cautious, than dead situation. I’d assume this to be true mostly for Horde.

The two major cities that I think would be places to hold neutral RP with extreme care are Org and now Thunderbluff. I say Thunderbluff due to Baines current imprisonment.

I would even be cautious in Goblin cities, Ratchet/Gadgetzan, as any valuable information is worth a pretty penny.

1 Like

RP was a mistake.

2 Likes

Nou. 6 char

Yes, me. :ghost:

2spooky4mem8

That’s my secret, Cap

I’m always phone

1 Like