A someone new to PvP

I wish they’d balance the gear/ability damage a bit more.

Maybe automatically scale down your gear to a set ILVL (blue/purple/legendary PVP gear is all scaled to the same level).

Every battleground, every arena…everyone has the same equipped ILVL. That way–PVP would be more about skill, rather than who can one-shot others.

Like…as someone brand new in PVP–it’s frustrating. Not only am I learning the maps and objectives as I go (well, try to), by the time I even spot an enemy, I have a spell crit me for over 3x my HP.

It’s bonkers.

I’d like to contribute and play. But, man. Hard to do when every spell is capable of killing you in one hit. :frowning:

1 Like

I agree.

I wish there was at least an option to choose between what you’re suggesting, and using your gears ilvl. Two different brackets/pvp types.

1 Like

Something anyway!

Or maybe have “battlegrounds/epic battlegrounds” be a fixed ILVL when you zone in, and have Arena go off your equipment?

Who knows. They kinda tangled a large knot with all the systems, equipment, and whatnot that’s been implemented.

I remember waaaaaaay back in the day when WSG was popular and everyone was making level 19 twinks.

Even with their enchants and gear–it was still possible to fight against them–even though you’d lose a lot…it felt like a fair fight. I could at least click two buttons before I was at the spirit healer.

1 Like

I mean, to be fair though, seems you’re a fresh level 60 with Shadowlands questing gear. Mind you, this gear has not been updated at all in ilvl since Shadowlands release, and you’re fighting players who are in Season 4 PvP gear.

It’s to be expected that you’re going to get two-shot possibly even one shot when you’re up against players who have a 130-150 ilvl advantage.

That being said, it’s sort of going to be equalized in instanced PvP next expansion. As long as you have PvP gear you should be fine in Dragonflight. Honor gear or Conquest gear will scale you to the highest ilvl of its bracket (Honor gear would probably cap out at Heroic raid ilvl while Conquest would cap out at Mythic ilvl)

Lowering item level wouldn’t really help “one-shots” and full conquest and even upgraded conquest doesn’t stop it from happening if the other person is close enough in ilvl.

Damage is high or defense is high due to the mechanics of the game.

This entire expansion has been about modifying a certain button or series of buttons to due absurd damage.

Best example is Rapid Fire for MM hunt.

Surging shots legendary is 35% more damage
Streamline increases it by another 15%
Conduit makes each tick deal 6.5% increased damage from the last tick, increasing its overall damage by 45%
Double tap then doubles the amount of shots it fires, making the conduit a 90% increase in overall damage.

I’m not saying equalizing ilvl wouldn’t make the game feel better, but as you’re saying you’re new to pvp I’m just throwing it out there equalizing item level isn’t going to really done down the damage much.

At least for the time being solo shuffle scales you to 278.

The gearing this expac is for the birds

2 Likes

Yes? You called me?

1 Like

They tried it one expansion - where everyone had templates and each 10 item levels you had over the template was like 1% more to your template. Gear was basically insignificant.

The problem with that was half the players realized they were in the bottom 50% of PvPers… and with pure skill as literally the only thing you could do to improve, people didn’t have fun and gave up. Participation died in most forms of PvP and they went back to gear mattering immediately.

A gearing process is needed to make PvP work - that way below average players feel like they’re working toward something and can have their moment of glory when they square up against someone with like 50 ilvls lower than them.

1 Like

Yes…pvpers have always looked for an advantage somehow. Gotta have something to work towards.

1 Like