A solution for M+ quitters

Just having a each player their own personal blacklist would help somewhat. Have a warning when a player is being invited to a group that has a member that has blacklisted the invitee.

It isn’t too far from how things were handled naturally before LFG. Players would eventually build up a bad or good reputation on the server and you’d figure out who and who not to group with by interacting with this social concept called a “community.” Since this construct has been dead for a long time, a simple streamlined blacklist will have to take it’s place. There of course would have to be a limit, say 50 or 100, otherwise everyone would blacklist every player for any small negative experience, having to leave for legitimate emergencies, having a lower skill level, or even just not liking a person’s transmog. Save the blacklists for players with especially bad additudes.

1 Like

You are saying you don’t like it when most of your group has the same key? 3/5 of us are sitting on 14 ML keys because we get absolutely nothing from that dungeon.

Yeah, that’s pretty common in my group, we currently have 3 or 4 siege of boralus keys (which is the dungeon I personally dislike the most), we also have a Shrine and a KR (on an alt) I think…

I actually like Shrine so we are probably going to do that one soon and probably get another Siege…

I like how this guy completely missed the point of the post.

not really.

we don’t need solutions to things that already have solutions. if your timer is shot, and you were just short of the last boss, and a guy leaves… just go finish it.

that’s your solution. people need to let go of their bizarre fixation on punishing other players.

1 Like

How did he miss the point. I was wondering that as well - if he was only doing 1.7 dps

I’ve been trying to get shrine keys all week since its this is a pretty easy week for shrine. Same for KR.

This is the only suggestion I have seen in this thread that wouldn’t cause more problems than it would solve.

And this guy misses the point again.

No, actually, not all games are like that. Regardless, this is what Blizzard has decided regarding m+.

I view it as a lockout. And yes, they DO have those in raids. M+ is already spammable, unlike raids.

Yet again a completely thoughtless punishment that leaves one person the ability to ransom the members for their cooperation in not getting punished.

Pay me or I won’t reset it and you all get the debuff.

No matter what system or deterrent you come up it, it will never work if the above scenario is possible.

First of, what the spammable argument has to do with any of this? And a raid boss is also spammable in the same sense, you try again over and over until you beat it, that’s how you progress. You can even extend your lockout if you wish to focus on progression and not have to re-clear…

If you are doing higher keys (like myself) then this has no direct effect on you. Or if you are struggling to get your weekly +10 well this system helps you, not by making the dungeons easier but by encouraging to improve and perfect your strategy.

My suggestion is just to encourage M+ participation at lower levels, trying the same fight again until you master it is the way to improve, progress, the fact that you fail doesn’t mean you can’t do it and need to go down one level, it just means you need more practice (you know like in raids where you need multiple attempts to kill a new boss).

Improving participation at lower levels by encouraging players who make a mistake to get another shot at it instead of having them regressing the progress they already made would be great to make lower level M+ keys more approachable without dumbing it down. More M+ participation means the system is a success and us who like pushing higher keys can feel confident that the system is here to stay and it’s not gonna be dumbed down or made easy more.

1 Like

Seems complicated. The true solution is to run with people you know.

1 Like

What game is everyone playing were they always have 5 friends online that are at the same M+ level and wanting to run a instance when you do?

If you only ran when you had 5 friends wanting to at the same time M+ would be for about 40 people. Randomly select someone and check out their IO, see how many runs are always with the same person.

Where is this “it’s not meant to pugged” coming from? The LFG tool has a section for Mythic plus.

The game where they are in an active guild. I have characters in two such guilds and people don’t have any problems doing keys with guildmates only.

It really isn’t all that different than 20 people being online at the same time to raid.

Maybe they should add to raider io M+ attempted vs M+ completed.

he glosses over it and moves on to babbling about voice chat , but he says it here, and has said it before, that m+ is designed for organized groups. They’re not going to stop anyone from pugging them, but they’re not designed for the pug experience.

3 Likes

Care to post on your main?

But that nothing new. Friends come and go with WoW. Also happened with BC and WotLK. The real solution is something Blizzard hates, gear tokens. Reward a currency that allows you to buy gear, and players will stick through to the end. Leave early, no gear tokens for you.

It is almost like you don’t believe such guilds exist ?