A solution for M+ quitters

M+ are just frustrating this expansion. New rules won’t save you from bad runs. It will just make things worse in new ways.
Stop trying to micro manage people behavior with rules.
It’s easier to find a group of friends than to make strangers do what you want.

1 Like

No system is perfect, i just think IMO is the easiest to implement with the least amount of backlash.

They fixed the issue in Legion where now keys don’t deplete, they just downgrade one time. That being said, I would like to see a system where you can attempt the same key 2-3 times. This would solve the leaver problem and give a second chance for groups who have a DC or an emergency.

I don’t think a punishment system is ideal or necessary.

3 Likes

I say they make a Occulus timewalking dungeon. Anyone who drops gets a de-buff demanding that they go thru the Occulus to be able to return to ANY normal dungeon/mythic plus.

It’s cruel but fair.

1 Like

I don’t think a counter is a punishment, but I do like the idea that we have at least 1 chance to redo the key if some left regardless of reasons or at the very least stop the clock and allow say like 5 mins to replace the person. The stop clock would be a better plan that way people cant exploit and reset the place just because they know they screwed up and won’t make time.

I don’t see a problem with letting groups get another try if they mess up. It’s really frustrating when you get a good high key that you know you can time, only to be killed by one persons mistake. Then on top of that, your chances of seeing that key again are very small. As long as you can’t reset the dungeon 50 times, I don’t see an issue with giving groups a second chance.

3 Likes

I always wanted blizzard to allow one “emergency fill in” from a volunteer from the LFD system. That would make it so people didn’t swap in friends and it would allow some skiddish LFD players to get a taste of mythic plus. It would be better then just giving up and downgrading a good key.

That is not entirely unreasonable outside of personal reasons which won’t contribute to the discussion but only change the direction, I wouldn’t be upset if that was put in play.

but I still would like to see a counter so it would make it easier to determine whether someone is going to be a risk to our key.

If he was doing only 1.7k dps then how would you even miss him.

1 Like

What would add to the counter? Disconnecting? Walking out of the dungeon? Hearthing? Afking? Getting kicked? Intentionally pulling to wipe the group?

I just left a group earlier, they suck sorry they don’t know how Sang actually works… 0 interrupts on Shrine of the storms.

Imagine wiping 3 times before reaching the first boss? ya that run isn’t going well… why would I waste my time there as a tank?

1 Like

If we could trade gold across servers you could probably ask for a deposit in gold before entering the dungeon. If the player leaves they do not get their gold back.

I bet that group would fill up REALLY quick.

All of those would add, I mean think of it this way if you got a person that constantly dc’s that in its self can be a detriment to making time. So yes that would be added to the counter, as for the others well it is pretty self explanatory.

The kicks now that is a bit touchy but there are so many variables that could be argued but in the end if your counter says 5 times left a key, it is more than likely the kicks were warranted, I don’t see people just kicking someone for giggles when they are trying to complete a timed event knowing that it would only hurt them in the end when their key downgraded.

I didn’t read past this statement alone because it would make anything afterward irrelevant. The community CAN’T deal with this anymore because of cross realms, back in the day when people could be blacklisted, ya, the community could, but you can’t anymore and blizzard needs to implement something to punish these tools.

I say if someone leaves a M+ group their character loses a random piece of gear :cow: that would be fun!

What if my cat is on fire?

You are being a hypocrite. What makes you think that your time is so important that someone else deserves to be punished for leaving a bombed key?

4 Likes

Here is the honest truth. Even if a key is doomed to fail the loot table is still good for some people. So by bailing your not only trashing the time they already invested into it your also trashing their chances at any loot.

That being said there is a fine line. A group who is barely going to miss the timer really does not deserve a bail like this. But a group that is almost assured not to only miss the timer but have several wipes along the way and go far far past. Well bailing on that is understandable.

I would love to find a protection for the 1st type of group.

they left because you insist on running a bad route. what other bad choices will the group make. with this example, would it not also be fair to add a “noob” tag to raider IO so pugs know the people in group insist on making poor choices?